A personal greeting from Michelin

A personal greeting from Michelin
We’d usually start a message like this with a ‘Welcome to the Owner and Fleet Operators Forum’, but given we’re the newbies, that doesn’t seem appropriate!
Here at Michelin’s HQ in Stoke-on-Trent, we have been following this forum with interest for months, and we’re pleased to announce we’ve come on board as sponsors.

Importantly, nothing is going to change in how this forum operates; except we hope you’ll welcome the Michelin Man ‘look’ which Rikki has produced for us.
We also want to point out we’re not here to flood the forum with threads about tyres. Of course, at times throughout the year there will hopefully be some interesting news we’ll want to share with you or seek your valuable feedback on, and if you want to ask us any tyre-related questions along the way then we’ll be happy to answer…

But first and foremost, we value the hard work that small fleets and owner drivers do in keeping Britain rolling, particularly in the current economic climate, and we hope our sponsorship will support the conversations you enjoy here online.

Once we’ve settled in, we hope you won’t mind if we join in too!

Yours,
The Michelin UK truck team

I’m not an owner driver or an operator/manager of any sorts, but let me be the first to welcome you to Trucknet-UK anyway :wink:

Michelin Truck UK:
we hope you’ll welcome the Michelin Man ‘look’ which Rikki has produced for us

It’s very smart, it does take up rather a lot of real estate on my screen but at-least it’s bright and cheerful to look at :smiley:

And as I don’t spend much time in this forum I won’t have to look at it very often anyway :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

Greetings Michelin Truck UK.

Yep, just to add to what the others have said, welcome to the Madhouse! :stuck_out_tongue:

Ditto

Its good to see a company like Michelin showing interest at the sharp end of the industry where products are tested to the full and opinions are formed. Truck drivers have a voice and are more likely to have first hand experience of how particular products and services perform. Whilst owner drivers are responsible making their own purchasing decisions, employed drivers can often be a significant influence in the type of equipment purchased by the companies for whom they work. Good on yer Michelin lets hope over time we have good constructive debate.

Yes, welcome to the Drivers website and especially to the owner & fleet forum as a major tyre manufacturer.

Because no-one really reads these forums, can you tell us how embarrassing and costly it was when Valentino Rossi dissed your tyres? :wink:

That must have been a major hiccup in the finances as every sports bike rider swapped to Pirelli or Bridgestones. Could the lorry tyres go the same way if a major haulier decided Michelin were too expensive?

Hello and welcome, I look forward to hearing your announcements as I have a rubber fetish :laughing: Well a tyre fetish, especially about rolling resistance, I have been trying to educate this lot on here about it, but there’s still a bunch of them that haven’t realised that the right tyre choice would save them so much in fuel that their tyres would be free, no matter how much they cost to buy :wink:

My Axiobibs IF710/85R38 are wearing like hell, please forward to the AG division :laughing:

puntabrava:
My Axiobibs IF710/85R38 are wearing like hell, please forward to the AG division :laughing:

I understand that Michelin have been in touch with you about this? but you already have things/discussions sorted?

Hi Michelin Truck UK,

Michelin Truck UK:
Once we’ve settled in, we hope you won’t mind if we join in too!

Please do join in :smiley:

Michelin, what advice would you give a driver about tyre pressures? :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:
Michelin, what advice would you give a driver about tyre pressures? :stuck_out_tongue:

I would guess the only sensible response to a daft question , is every manufacturer imprints on their tyres the optimum tyre pressure- i would guess thats a good place to start- but you knew that anyway- :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Rikki-UK:

Wheel Nut:

I would guess the only sensible response to a daft question , is every manufacturer imprints on their tyres the optimim tyre pressure- i would guess thats a good place to start- but you knew that anyway- :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

What it says on the tyres are the maximum load carrying capacity at the maximum inflation pressure.

That information is for the US market and is normally the safe maximum inflation pressure that is allowed in a cold tyre, but you knew that anyway :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Mine was a serious question after the thread, “How often does the company check tyre pressures!”

I think Gordon Ramsay is a right ■■■■■■. I would gladly consider purchasing many more of your fine tyre products if you would take your stars back off him.

Own Account Driver:
I think Gordon Ramsay is a right ■■■■■■. I would gladly consider purchasing many more of your fine tyre products if you would take your stars back off him.

Surely im not the only one tickled by that.■■?

Rikki-UK:

puntabrava:

I understand that Michelin have been in touch with you about this? but you already have things/discussions sorted?

Yes, that is correct.

Just driven back up the M5 narrowly avoiding an accident due to a tyre blow out on a truck - debris everywhere causing a significant hazard to other road users! Can,t help wondering if this was a result of poor tyre maintenance?

The Wanderer:
Just driven back up the M5 narrowly avoiding an accident due to a tyre blow out on a truck - debris everywhere causing a significant hazard to other road users! Can,t help wondering if this was a result of poor tyre maintenance?

I would say that most blowouts are caused by under/over inflation, some obviously by unavoidable debris in the road and some by the driver abusing the tyres by kerbing or not checking for debris lodged between twin wheels when leaving an off road site . I believe the days of dodgy remoulders of tyres remoulding onto unsuitable casings has gone, as the regulations around the industry have been tightened, thats not to say it doesnt still happen- just I dont have any knowledge of it like I used too, also over cutting of tyres has reduced as most operators now see the benefit of 4 life tyres rather than over cutting originals.

Hi Michelin,

I’m brand new to the forum myself - but welcome to you as well! :smiley: