A note- take note folks

It cant have gone unnoticed that during the recent half term the trolling increased - we have tried to keep on top of this and most if not all the usernames are now moderated, however you guys have got to help us, don’t respond to the trolls or bite at their posts, they post because they need/crave you to bite… if you do you excite them and they will only do more, ignore the trolls they do not get the response they crave and they will move on.

Banter, the Limpers craze in particular… banter is only banter if both parts involved find it amusing, banter is acceptable, when it passes that point of being just a joke and starts to be used as a term of abuse that steps beyond what is acceptable on here, congratulations guys you have managed to take something light hearted and turn it into something hurtfull and deliberately disrespectful.

This website is for ALL truck drivers, no matter how they are employed. The day you think your better than another driver simply because of how they choose to work is the day you have left this community. the same goes for nationality some folks here don’t have English as their first language, but they do the same job as everyone else- they are welcome here, if you cant accept that then the person not welcome here is you.

This is NOT Facebook, it is not a free for all- the only things we ask for those who use this site is that You drive or are interested in trucks,

A lot of people are waking up to their ability to post freely not being available to them- those can still post freely please think before you post.

this is not a sand pit with no rules … post with civility and with respect for all your fellow drivers or don’t post at all

about time well done i just hope that the members of this great forum dont force admin to over moderate the site

Testing, one two…

Looks like I’m not trying hard enough :sunglasses:

bigbeefy:
About time, well done, I just hope that the members of this great forum don’t force admin to over moderate the site

+1

bigbeefy:
about time well done i just hope that the members of this great forum dont force admin to over moderate the site

+1

+1

100% agree keep this forum clean

Good work, Rikki! Robert

Well said, too many on here think they are better than others.

Could Drax be one of Rikkis’ “half termers”?

There are some that tend to take the P in the language department at times.
In 1 post being perfect English that can’t be done other than being very very good to be in the very next simpilest post to being a pigeon poster.

Couldn’t agree more.
Trolls are like kids tossing pebbles into a pool to watch the ripples spread.
Toss…splash. Toss…splash.
Basically, they are just tossers… :smiley:

Rikki-UK:
Banter, the Limpers craze in particular… banter is only banter if both parts involved find it amusing, banter is acceptable, when it passes that point of being just a joke and starts to be used as a term of abuse that steps beyond what is acceptable on here, congratulations guys you have managed to take something light hearted and turn it into something hurtfull and deliberately disrespectful.

You have got to admit though Rikki that on this subject there are a lot on here that lack a sense of humour and choose to do the pc British thing of looking to be ‘offended’ by one thing or another.

I have said on numerous occasions (being one of the main agency driver ■■■■■■■■■■■ that it is just pure driver banter, and have even stated numerous times that in reality I fully accept that we are all drivers bottom line… agency or otherwise.
The best thing is though, despite me saying that, I have been singled out on a few occasions for getting the most stick back from these dryarsed types…btw no sleep lost, I can take banter (even if some of the retorts bordered abuse) as well as give it.
Still say those that can not take it are in the wrong job, come across as shrinking violets and should not take all this stuff so seriously.
Just my opinion on this.

Gangan:
too many on here think they are better than others.

Unlike me who KNOWS it :grimacing:

Hope Conor’s seen this,that lad needs reigning in.

robroy:

Rikki-UK:

You have got to admit though Rikki that on this subject there are a lot on here that lack a sense of humour and choose to do the pc British thing of looking to be ‘offended’ by one thing or another.

I have said on numerous occasions (being one of the main agency driver ■■■■■■■■■■■ that it is just pure driver banter, and have even stated numerous times that in reality I fully accept that we are all drivers bottom line… agency or otherwise.
The best thing is though, despite me saying that, I have been singled out on a few occasions for getting the most stick back from these dryarsed types…btw no sleep lost, I can take banter (even if some of the retorts bordered abuse) as well as give it.
Still say those that can not take it are in the wrong job, come across as shrinking violets and should not take all this stuff so seriously.
Just my opinion on this.

You’re still able to post? :open_mouth:
:laughing: :wink: :laughing:

But the limper stuff/gag does my head in. Why do people get so upset and take it personally? :confused:
I think it’s quite funny, and I’m a limper. It’s fun to play up to it, and on more than one occasion after a bad reverse, I’ve limper away from my truck hoping that it’s amusing someone somewhere! :laughing:

I do like this forums common sense, lite touch moderation style. Sometimes I too have been guilty of over egging the limp pudding. Note taken and posting style adjusted.

I’m currently limping; My left ankle made a strange cracking noise yesterday and I woke up this morning having to walk around like Herr Flick of the Gestapo.
There’s a Lidl bag under the stairs too, and an old Nokia my kids play with.

Muckaway:
I’m currently limping; My left ankle made a strange cracking noise yesterday and I woke up this morning having to walk around like Herr Flick of the Gestapo.

No you just ate too many cream eggs tubby :grimacing:

nick2008:

Muckaway:

No you just ate too many cream eggs tubby :grimacing:

Nope, making do with the pack of Budweiser the boss gave me.