A new kind of stupid

Just been talking to a lad tipping at same place as me who mentioned that he ran down to Luton on Sunday from yorkshire for an early tip Monday morning.
He then asked me if I work weekends,I said occasional Saturday mornings that’s it.
As the conversation went on it turns out he ran down on Sunday for free because it was a “good start” to get ahead on Monday :open_mouth: ,I said you ran down for free he said yes it was a 6am tip and I’d have to leave at 2-30 to 3am to make it so I though sod it and ran down Sunday night.
I’m genuinely shocked that a driver can be this daft.

If he was paid a premium for sunday night and a night out, then fair play to the lad, if not then I concur it is a “New kind of stupid”

Just re-read the OP, yes he is stupid!

:open_mouth:

Do you know how he’s paid ?

He runs down on a Sunday to get 9 or 11 off.If he starts at 2am, he is parked up Monday then on nights all week.

tachograph:
:shock: Do you know how he’s paid ?

peanuts :sunglasses:

Wow. If you’re thinking like that then you need catch yourself on. Some I think cross the the line into treating the job like a hobby.

Was parked next to a truck in Kent. He was on a 9 hour and polishing the hell out of his lorry. It wasn’t his own. There’s one thing taking pride in your living space but deep cleaning a show piece lorry on rest. No thanks. If they want you to do that they should run you back early fri and give you the afternoon paid to do it. It’s their lorry, their advertising space, their ego running equipment like that, their profits and your £7-50 an hour.

When my mate worked for green group he would come in on a Sunday afternoon ( sleep in truck) for a mon morning start( just paid £20 n/ o ) and then when he got back fri afternoon he would then sleep in truck and travel back home sat morn( paid nothing .
He left after apx a week ,not be cause of this but because they were max- ing his hrs out and he only wanted to do 8/9 hrs a day

Here Here FD!

I know of folks who go down the yard on a Sunday voluntary and equip their cab out with all their weeks kit, stock cupboards with tins food, ■■■■ about wiring cb’s lights etc.
Seriously have they nothing better to do outside of work :open_mouth:

I bet his gaffer now will expect all drivers to run for nowt as well on a Sunday now :unamused:
"Well so and so run last Sunday for Fred so why should I pay you other lads £12-£15 an hour! :smiley: ) what a ■■■■■■ :unamused:

yorkshire terrier:
‘… I’m genuinely shocked that a driver can be this daft …’

He’s using liberalism to primarily work for him with his employer maximising the value: It is something all workers should be wary of :neutral_face:

A dangerous downside guess is that his insurance may be iffy and could - perhaps inadvertantly - classically demonstrate the ever [un]popular ‘divide & conquer’ mechanism used around us for future abuse opportunities upon subsequent drivers.

A tiny bit like ‘one man’s freedom fighter is another’s terrorist’: It may end up going like “well all the other drivers do it - and I’m not making an exception for you”.

Being currently fresh out of excess good-will and getting a bit tired of donating ‘the extra [hypocritical?] mile’ (puke) for my lot - has he got his pet-project OK’d in writing & are accountable Risk Assessments in place to include security, blah-blah-Zzzz?

If not then he’s arguably being abused by the same slack system that (blind-eye?) permits him to do his own thing in the first place and which demonstrates how ‘diversity’ in society is also a leading contributor in the race to the bottom :open_mouth:

Happy Keith:

yorkshire terrier:

He’s using liberalism to primarily work for him with his employer maximising the value: It is something all workers should be wary of :neutral_face:

A dangerous downside guess is that his insurance may be iffy and could - perhaps inadvertantly - classically demonstrate the ever [un]popular ‘divide & conquer’ mechanism used around us for future abuse opportunities upon subsequent drivers.

A tiny bit like ‘one man’s freedom fighter is another’s terrorist’: It may end up going like “well all the other drivers do it - and I’m not making an exception for you”.

Being currently fresh out of excess good-will and getting a bit tired of donating ‘the extra [hypocritical?] mile’ (puke) for my lot - has he got his pet-project OK’d in writing & are accountable Risk Assessments in place to include security, blah-blah-Zzzz?

If not then he’s arguably being abused by the same slack system that (blind-eye?) permits him to do his own thing in the first place and which demonstrates how ‘diversity’ in society is also a leading contributor in the race to the bottom :open_mouth:

Yeah, havent a clue what you were talking about, but it sounds fantastic. :wink:

though to be somewhat more brief, he’s a D******d :unamused:

Happy Keith:

yorkshire terrier:

Put another way, he’s a Muppet.

tachograph:
:shock:

Do you know how he’s paid ?

Said he was hourly paid,but ran down in his own time to benefit himself time wise :confused:
I honestly thought he was joking be he wasn’t

I’m laughing but I don’t want to laugh. Run Forest run.

What’s that frieght dog! You shouting me?
‘Life is like a box of chocolates’

I’m surprised that the other drivers at his firm haven’t “educated” him for cutting the job up.

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
I bet his gaffer now will expect all drivers to run for nowt as well on a Sunday now :unamused:
"Well so and so run last Sunday for Fred so why should I pay you other lads £12-£15 an hour! :smiley: ) what a ■■■■■■ :unamused:

Agreed! And it’s individuals like that causing the rest of us (sane ones!) to be devalued. Is it any wonder there are companies in this industry paying not much more than minimum wage and, more worryingly, there are people prepared to work for it - or less! :imp:

You will probably find he is on a last warning for constantly leaving the yard too late and though ■■■■ it, I will make sure I am on time this time :smiley:

eddie snax:

Happy Keith:

yorkshire terrier:

‘… [blah]…’ etc

‘…Yeah, havent a clue what you were talking about …’

Point taken & sorry :blush:

I too am trying to understand A new kind of stupid and reckon that the bloke is doing what he pleases within his given circumstance. Eg, He wants to start at a daft hour - apparently unpaid - and his employer is letting him do it in a vehicle with load & doc’s, etc: So where is a problem and why is this being discussed?

Just because he is “pushing the boundaries” or “thinking outside the box” or “doing his own thing” or “going the extra mile” his work-style seems to be irritating or upsetting folk - which is not so good, eg:

kjw21:
‘…I’m surprised that the other drivers at his firm haven’t “educated” him …’

That’s a nod at perhaps joking with the guy at best to physical intimidation or actual violence at the extreme. Or are we (seriously now) becoming more and more narked at getting mugged-off with the pee being ripped and normal UK folk are either not allowed, a bit confused or too constipated to say so :question:

Basically, who gives a stuff - although for the sake of sanity perhaps accept that the UK has become very liberal - meaning that any bugger can do as they ■■■■ well please and everyone is obliged, not least by shed-loads of EU rules to “respect them”. Perhaps until:

1 They get arrested by (a barely existent?) UK plod doing what the UK Government want them to do - when many can feel relief at withdrawing the legally required “respect” for an individual
2 An otherwise toothless Government Agency anonymously nab him for something big or small - and society says ‘about time summat was done’
3 A cowardly Government spy camera gets him and folk get rattled because the benefit-funded fine gets given to Brussels
4 The newspapers/telly/meeja see a great yarn to flog and ‘public opinion’ either smashes his windows or he ends up a ‘Star’ on Big Brother, etc

That’s diversity - and isn’t that what this bod is exploring with his antics :question:

I’m only observing this stuff as a lorry driver and trying as a hobby to understand why things happen and why folk react the way they do - for which I’m sorry if it spoils anyone’s day