A little advise please

I currently work for a concrete minimix company and just deliver locally my contracted salary hours are 7.30am to 5pm mon to fri and 7.30am to 12pm Saturday…I no a little strange every Saturday.
max hours driving ill do a day is 5 the rest is other work and breaks etc
just want to no where I stand on Saturday work as its confusing and don’t wana land myself in a load of hurt until I find another job.
Saturday 4th july I was off so I had 62.51 rest until I started on Monday morning.
saturday 11th july I finished work at 11.45 am and started at 7.12 am Monday the 13th.
so I had 43.29 rest.
ive worked again this Saturday and got finished at 11.06 can I have a reduced rest again as if I start at say 7.12 Monday I will only have 43 odd hours rest again.
or must I take 45 rest before I start monday and request next Saturday off so I have 45+1.31

thank you

Weekly Rest

■ Within 6 days of the end of a weekly rest period a driver must take 45 hours continuous Regular Weekly Rest.

■ A Reduced Weekly Rest of 24 Hours may be taken, but must be compensated for before the end of the third week following the rest.

■ Any two consecutive calendar weeks must contain at least one 45 Hour Regular Weekly Rest.

The definition of a Weekly Rest period is one in which the driver can dispose of their time as they wish.

The Calendar week definition is important as it means that potentially a driver can take two consecutive Reduced weekly rests as long as they are both in the same calendar week (Mon 00:00 to Sun 24:00).
Further to the above, a Weekly Rest period that crosses two calendar weeks can be counted in either, though not in both. Unless, a minimum of 69 hours rest is taken with a minimum of 24 hours in one week and 45 hours in the other.

Also…

Watch your Working Time Directive

Working Time Classification
:black_medium_small_square:When calculating Working Time for the Working Time Directive, Periods of Rest and Periods of Availabilty (POA) do not count.

Weekly Working Time
:black_medium_small_square:Drivers must not exceed an AVERAGE of 48 Hours per week.
:black_medium_small_square:A maximum of 60 Hours can be worked in a single week.

Night Work
:black_medium_small_square:If a drivers shift enters any part of the period betweem 00:00 and 04:00 Hours, they are classed as night workers and their working time must not exceed 10 Hours.
:black_medium_small_square:It is possible to ‘opt-out’ of the Night Work regulation under a collective/workforce agreement.

Breaks
:black_medium_small_square:Drivers completing a working period of between 6 and 9 hours must take a break(s) totalling at least 30 minutes.
:black_medium_small_square:Where periods of work exceed 9 hours a break(s) totaling at least 45 minutes must be taken.
:black_medium_small_square:Only breaks of at least 15 minutes qualify towards these breaks.

Reference Period
:black_medium_small_square:Working time can be averaged out over 17 weeks.
:black_medium_small_square:Following a collective/workforce agreement the working time can be averaged over 26 weeks.

Basically you should only work every other Saturday unless you start at 09.00 every Monday.
As stated every other week you should have at least 45 hrs off.

You also need to watch your reference period…

The number of hours worked each week should be averaged out over a continuous 17 week period. However, this period can be extended to 26 weeks if there is a relevant agreement in place (ask your boss and watch him ■■■■ himself :smiley: ). This continuous 17 to 26 week period is used to calculate the average weekly working time and is known as the ‘reference period’.
A reference period starts at 00:01 on Monday and runs for the relevant number of weeks until 24:00 on Sunday. If the 17 week reference period is selected there will

The default 17 week reference periods start on the first Monday of April, August and December.

alder:

The number of hours worked each week should be averaged out over a continuous 17 week period. However, this period can be extended to 26 weeks if there is a relevant agreement in place (ask your boss and watch him [zb] himself :smiley: ). This continuous 17 to 26 week period is used to calculate the average weekly working time and is known as the ‘reference period’.
A reference period starts at 00:01 on Monday and runs for the relevant number of weeks until 24:00 on Sunday. If the 17 week reference period is selected there will

The default 17 week reference periods start on the first Monday of April, August and December.

You’ve already said this.

bald bloke:

alder:

The number of hours worked each week should be averaged out over a continuous 17 week period. However, this period can be extended to 26 weeks if there is a relevant agreement in place (ask your boss and watch him [zb] himself :smiley: ). This continuous 17 to 26 week period is used to calculate the average weekly working time and is known as the ‘reference period’.

You’ve already said this.

Yes but he didn’t hear me :laughing: :laughing:

thanks ive had this subject out with my boss afew times and at no prevail and feel subject to pushed in to it working that’s why im looking else where for work and tell him to stuff it.
financial commitments taunt me also so carnt lose me job.

Thanks all

I can’t see the hang-up on WTD regardless of the legal aspect of working every Saturday morning. He seems to be doing 52hrs over six days before breaks and POA time is taken into account.

might be in my best interest if I record the phone call to my shipper on Monday morning and tell him I carnt start until 8.07am the crap I get on the phone is unreal then the boss afterwards.
never had anything like the company I currently work for a shambulls and don’t no how thay haven’t had operators licence revoked.
no other driver will team up and have it out tho so im one man army.
and a foul.
but financial commitments and risk of been out of work been there before…

Drum mixer or Volumetric mixer? Guessing the former as OP has used word minimix, but…

Drum Mixer.

Whilst delivering DCPC training I usually enquire about normal working hours during a tacho course. I meet A LOT who regularly work every Saturday and most are getting around 42 or so hour weekly rest EVERY week.

Although some listen to what I say other simply have the attitude that it hasn’t been a problem so far an I’ve been doing it for years - so they aren’t going to change their ways!

What I don’t get is why the operators don’t sort this out. They are going against the undertakings and conditions of the Operators Licence which is effectively a criminal offence.

As has been said already - make sure you get at least 45 hours from finishing to starting every other week. You can work every Saturday but will either need to finish earlier or start later every other week.

Generally you need to have 45 hours off in one go every other weekend although doing 2 reduced weekly rests in a row is possible as a one off but that needs much more info going back over many weeks

For your situation you can have off … 43 45 43 45 etc but not 2 x 43s in a row as that is illegal

ROG:
Generally you need to have 45 hours off in one go every other weekend although doing 2 reduced weekly rests in a row is possible as a one off but that needs much more info going back over many weeks

For your situation you can have off … 43 45 43 45 etc but not 2 x 43s in a row as that is illegal

Go with Rog you won’t go wrong . Just tell em when you finish what time you CAN legally start then let them sort it.

thanks all really appreciate all the info.
sat CPC in april and explained my situation and all he said and give me is acard to promote his business and said said pass that to your boss to arrange a taco coarse pmsl.

pleased to be part of this site as reading other posts im learning new things also a introduction to fellow drivers and if any way I can be assistance regarding concrete info just pm me

joe12345:
thanks all really appreciate all the info.
sat CPC in april and explained my situation and all he said and give me is acard to promote his business and said said pass that to your boss to arrange a taco coarse pmsl.

pleased to be part of this site as reading other posts im learning new things also a introduction to fellow drivers and if any way I can be assistance regarding concrete info just pm me

So is the job a chef role cooking Mexican food?

nick2008:

ROG:

Go with Rog you won’t go wrong . Just tell em when you finish what time you CAN legally start then let them sort it.

Except he’s left something out hasn’t he?

The 2 hours owed from the reduced 43’s by the third week

43 45 43 47 43 47

Don’t the working hours in the first post mean the compensation is paid back between shifts on the daily rest? Mending the weekly rest pattern is OK

shep532:
Don’t the working hours in the first post mean the compensation is paid back between shifts on the daily rest? Mending the weekly rest pattern is OK

Yep you’re right, god knows why I overlooked repaying throughout the week attached to a daily rest. Disregard my last then :smiley: