A link to some driver hours rules and regs please

Hi
I have an induction on Saturday
And I imagine they will sit me down in a class room and talk complete and utter ■■■■■ to me about the health and safety implication and who is responceible in the work place for this that and other LOL
But apart from that I think they will want me to fill in question airs like LGV theory test, map reading, and driver hours

Would like to do some revision on driver hours first before I go in on saturday
Anyone got a link please

online.businesslink.gov.uk/Tran … s_0511.pdf

dft.gov.uk/vosa/repository/R … Europe.pdf

SNAP!!! I win :slight_smile:

The Sarge:

Yep, you’ve won by a whole three minutes. :grimacing: :smiley:

Thanks for that or those links
Have now read the first section, somewhat intense but will bash on with it

Another thing they will probably do as many have done before
Is give me the HGV theory test
Now it’s been some years now since I passed mine and forgotten most of it and it has probably all change since
Anyone have a link to all the HGV theory driving test with all the questions in please

dieseldave:

The Sarge:

Yep, you’ve won by a whole three minutes. :grimacing: :smiley:

Hey, if three minutes is good enough for the missus - it’ll do for you lot :grimacing:

^ Cigarette included!

this post is the reason why we need Drivers CPC
this is not a critiscm of OP

Why, exactly, does this mean that we need the DCPC? A driver wants to check up on the regs, and asks where he can find them easily. 2 other drivers post a quick and easy link so that he can do so. I think it’s safe to assume that the op has now read them, as he asked for them, and the the two who posted the link have read them (because we had the link saved).
How will an overpriced and useless piece of paper (or possibly plastic) make that situation any better?
I look forward to your reasoned response :slight_smile:

because as been shown people forget stuff
so the odd reminders are useful
so as to keep on top of stuff

Yes Hitch
We foget things and rules and regs change more then soft mick
Still looking for a link to theory question please

hitch:
because as been shown people forget stuff
so the odd reminders are useful
so as to keep on top of stuff

But then we can check it, for free. :sunglasses:
Why do we need to sit in a room every 5 years? I’m pretty sure I’ll forget whatever I’m told by some twerp who gets the information wrong anyway before the next bout of DCPC :slight_smile:

The Sarge:
Why do we need to sit in a room every 5 years? I’m pretty sure I’ll forget whatever I’m told by some twerp who gets the information wrong anyway before the next bout of DCPC :slight_smile:

Well I hope you have put your name down on the protest list

But the company will ask me all this about the rules and regs when they see me

lord_screaming_sutch:

The Sarge:

Well I hope you have put your name down on the protest list

But the company will ask me all this about the rules and regs when they see me

Yup, I have, but one of their pet idiots took a dislike to me, so I don’t go and play there anymore :wink: Still support the protest against the DCPC though, as I firmly believe that in a few years it will have been proved to have decimated the British transport industry…

The Sarge:
Yup, I have, but one of their pet idiots took a dislike to me, so I don’t go and play there anymore :wink:

diddums!!!

The Sarge:
Why, exactly, does this mean that we need the DCPC? A driver wants to check up on the regs, and asks where he can find them easily. 2 other drivers post a quick and easy link so that he can do so. I think it’s safe to assume that the op has now read them, as he asked for them, and the the two who posted the link have read them (because we had the link saved).
How will an overpriced and useless piece of paper (or possibly plastic) make that situation any better?
I look forward to your reasoned response :slight_smile:

Because the number of drivers using sites like this is a very small percentage of the truck drivers in this country. Then of the ones who do use truckers sites it is a very small percentage who actually ask questions about, or go and look up, the regulations with most preferring to run on the MMTM Rules. At least now they will be able to run on the MDCPCTTM Regulations instead. :wink:

That’ll be the drivers that go along and “have a kip because the boss is paying them” brigade, will it?
Drivers who want to keep up to date - will. They don’t need some dimwitcpc instructor talking ■■■■■■■■ to them - they will find out for themselves.
Drivers who don’t give a flying ■■■■ about keeping up to date will go and ignore some dimwitcpc instructor for 8 hours because they are getting paid to be there, so where’s the benefit?

Next to my PC, I have a brilliant David Lowe book and a filing cabinet full of transport law, so if I forget anything I look in there and will carry on doing so. I do know a certain amount of stuff from recall, but the only way to keep up to speed with new stuff is to keep listening and reading. I call it my DCPC PC

I read with interest that Neil has been on his 7 hours today and I was expecting to read that he had to takeover the class, but it seems as though his trainer knew his stuff.

Wheel Nut:
Next to my PC, I have a brilliant David Lowe book

Yer I got one of his books on O licences
3" thick