A link to some driver hours rules and regs please

how a couple of days change things,
a few days ago lord screaming sutch was criticising those of us who realised that batista was a wind up merchant and how newbies should be encouraged, then it was thought he was in fact batista, now he has passed his test some years ago so can’t be batista and the sarge is getting on with him even after lord screaming sutch was abusive about luke being gay.
its amazing how quick things move on when you don’t log in for 3 days :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

welshboyinspain:
how a couple of days change things,
a few days ago lord screaming sutch was criticising those of us who realised that batista was a wind up merchant and how newbies should be encouraged, then it was thought he was in fact batista, now he has passed his test some years ago so can’t be batista and the sarge is getting on with him even after lord screaming sutch was abusive about luke being gay.
its amazing how quick things move on when you don’t log in for 3 days :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I AM■■? :open_mouth: ■■■■, I missed that - and I still think (s)he is Bati Boy (or girl)…

Coffeeholic:

The Sarge:
Why, exactly, does this mean that we need the DCPC? A driver wants to check up on the regs, and asks where he can find them easily. 2 other drivers post a quick and easy link so that he can do so. I think it’s safe to assume that the op has now read them, as he asked for them, and the the two who posted the link have read them (because we had the link saved).
How will an overpriced and useless piece of paper (or possibly plastic) make that situation any better?
I look forward to your reasoned response :slight_smile:

Because the number of drivers using sites like this is a very small percentage of the truck drivers in this country. Then of the ones who do use truckers sites it is a very small percentage who actually ask questions about, or go and look up, the regulations with most preferring to run on the MMTM Rules. At least now they will be able to run on the MDCPCTTM Regulations instead. :wink:

Yes but the problem is that what people are being told on DCPC courses seems to be no more reliable that what they’re being told by their mates.

From what I’ve seen in-house training courses seem to be OK but those drivers who have to go to a training company are being ripped off, lets face it the DCPC in this country has been set-up purely to make money for trainers and the government with no regard whatsoever being given to how much good it will do.

With no-one monitoring what’s being taught or the accuracy of the courses the DCPC is a bloody joke and an expensive one at that, WTF should the transport industry and in some cases drivers themselves have to pay so that trainers can have an added source of income with very little benefit going to the transport industry or drivers which is basically all that’s happening.

Vocational training is good vocational robbery isn’t, the way the Driver CPC has been implemented in this country is nothing more than a vocational tax on an industry that’s already struggling with rising costs :imp:

tachograph:
With no-one monitoring what’s being taught or the accuracy of the courses the DCPC is a bloody joke and an expensive one at that, WTF should the transport industry and in some cases drivers themselves have to pay so that trainers can have an added source of income with very little benefit going to the transport industry or drivers which is basically all that’s happening.

You’re trying to defend the indefensible, vocational training is good vocational robbery isn’t, the way the Driver CPC has been implemented in this country is nothing more than a vocational tax on an industry that’s already struggling with rising costs :imp:

I don’t visit the dark side very often but I just glanced at a post from a forwarded link to this site and saw that the DSA / DVLA had already raised £4.2m from upload fees, can this be correct? If so the DCPC is here to stay.

The DCPC will be an ongoing money spinner so yes it is here to stay, but for all the wrong reasons in my opinion :wink: