A Letter from Doris. [Merged]

We’re all going to get a letter from The Dear Leader next week telling us how wonderful we are…

dailymail.co.uk/news/articl … newcomment

It’ll come in handy if I run out of bog roll.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Sad pathetic loser

Apparently it’s aimed at “retired” truckers - how will he know who’s “retired”? Am I retired just because I mostly spend my time doing non-driving logistics work?

And why does Xmas need to be “saved”? :unamused: Oh yeah, I remember, it’s all about massive profits for the retail sector

Meanwhile all the newly qualified drivers can’t get a start. You couldn’t write this as fiction.

Well my letter will be returned with the words “go swivel” in capital letters.

Doesn’t apply to me, he’s sending it to ‘‘hauluers’’ apparently, where as I’m a driver. :unamused:

assets.publishing.service.gov.u … olders.pdf

Harry Monk:
We’re all going to get a letter from The Dear Leader next week telling us how wonderful we are…

You can use it to light the stove…

IR35 reforms in the private sector were opposed by industry en masse, but the government didn’t take a blind bit of notice and here we are now. The turkeys voted for Christmas. No sympathy with this government and HMRC, all that was predicted by industry has happened. Government still insist on the CPC farce, an obvious way to bring back drivers is to scrap that garbage as of now.

Quick question - does it belong in the blue bin or the black one? I tossed the last one (thanks for working through covid) in the blue bin but I think the clear film on the envelope had to be taken out first :frowning:

My plans are to go on a 2 week holiday in December and then ahem, ‘‘self isolate’’ for another 2 until January maybe doing some premium rate weekend shifts for the agencies. F— Christmas :smiling_face:

ETS:
Quick question - does it belong in the blue bin or the black one? I tossed the last one (thanks for working through covid) in the blue bin but I think the clear film on the envelope had to be taken out first :frowning:

In an effort…

To save the dolphins, I will cut the window part of the envelope out and pop the rest of it in the recycling bin.

Perhaps everyone clapping or giving us a small medal will help?

yourhavingalarf:

ETS:

In an effort…

To save the dolphins, I will cut the window part of the envelope out and pop the rest of it in the recycling bin.

Yes, I’d be prepared to put in a lot more effort if folk stood on their doorsteps once a week banging a saucepan for us.

Harry Monk:
In an effort…

Yes, I’d be prepared to put in a lot more effort if folk stood on their doorsteps once a week banging a saucepan for us.
[/quote]
Ok joking aside, if they give hgv drivers a special checkout lane at the supermarkets reserved for hgv drivers ONLY, like every tue/thu 8am. to 10am. I’ll work max hours + max temporary relaxed hours + overtime until 2022

Give us a Priority LANE 1 on all UK Motorways, ie: No Overtaking, Just Deal With It! No Cars Allowed, so I can make deliveries, or at least try to make 'em?
Give Me My Last Wife Back? I’m being fair, I did like her, don’t care for the previous 2 :wink:
Put the wages up a bit, I’d like a Golf GTD without having it on Lease?

Reinstate the IR35 that we all loved and worked our cnts in for?

Harry Monk:

And I will “return to sender” with F U on it. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

AMEN !!!

Copy of Letter from Doris.?

LuckyMatty:
Copy of Letter from Doris.?

A nice gesture but I would rather the letter not have the RHA involved or mentioned.

What a strange letter.What the hell is a '‘Minister for Roads,Buses and ‘‘places’’’,no mention of trucks.

hutpik:
What a strange letter.What the hell is a '‘Minister for Roads,Buses and ‘‘places’’’,no mention of trucks.

gov.uk/government/people/ba … f-norbiton

gov.uk/government/publicati … ortunities

“Dear HGV driver
Thank you for doing such a wonderful job during the pandemic but now, due to pressure from our financiers in big business and the negative publicity from the made up fuel crisis we are going to let in thousands of foreign driver to stagnate your wages again, sorry, I mean help you through the current “crisis”. Thanks again for your wonderful work during these blah blah blah…….”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk