A home from home...

…just settling down for the night now after having just eaten me tea. Me wagon is quipped wi’ a microwave so had salmon fillets and green veg. Nowt special but by no means crap grub.
About to put a film on me “tablet” - I subscribe to netflix so have the choice of god knows how many films (some ARE gubbins).
Currently enjoying a plastic cup of cabsav…I’m not up till 7.15a.m. tomoz cos I’m only 20 mins from my one hit drop.
I could’ve made it home tonight but would’ve had to have left at 4.00a.m. To make it up to Preston for half seven. Instead I’m doing a night out for 30 quid and getting a lie in.
I know this post is a bit self indulgent but I would like to know if my mindset of being happy to do a night out over a night at home is a common attitude.
P.S. I’m happily married (it’s relevant to my question).

sounds cool to me, no stress no worries. as long as you have a happy home life and get a decent wage why worry. seems to me you made the best decision to suit you, your job and your lifestyle.
good call.
i will be doing similar tomorrow so building to an early finish on friday. happy days . :slight_smile:

Used to love my nights out when I was young and single.Things have improved vastly in the cab since then but glad to be at home every night now.
hiabman reckon you made the right decision.

Cheers for the feedback…in addition, I think it’s relevant to point out that I’m parked in a customers yard, so it’s free AND secure. Also, there’s a big Mozzas (Morrisons) a 3 min walk away!

I’m in the same boat today. Had a 04.45 start so called it a day at 17.45 to keep to a 13.
Parked up about ten mins from my first job int morning,who don’t open while 7am so no rush to get up :sunglasses:
I dreaded nights out when I started this job a year ago but now happily doing 4/5 a week.
It costs me a tenner in fuel to get home and back from the yard,not to mention the lost night out money.
Better put my feet up,play on the iPad an watch the rush hour traffic :laughing:
Enjoy your evening :sunglasses:

…and you, Lee.

hiabman:
About to put a film on me “tablet” - I subscribe to netflix so have the choice of god knows how many films.

Do you have internet in the lorry?

Yes Jay - unlimited internet on the 3 network. I connect (tether) the ipad to my iphone.

hiabman:
Yes Jay - unlimited internet on the 3 network. I connect (tether) the ipad to my iphone.

Same and I use it on a laptop

hiabman:

Ah, your sorted then so. I imagine it would be a long evening without it.

jay0:

hiabman:

Ah, your sorted then so. I imagine it would be a long evening without it.

Or a long day if your sat at winded off Felixstowe Dock!

I agree, when I was in the UK, if I left on a Sunday/Monday I had it in my mind I wouldn’t be home until Friday night/Saturday morning and just got on an done it, I couldnt have imagined trying to get about thinking of what time I will be home, would have drove me nuts.
Basically in my mind, I signed up to be a Class 1 driver, if I wanted to be at home I would not have signed up.

I’m ashamed to say that if that’s as good as it gets then how tragic. 24 hours before you parked up, on February 11th, I had a 4 course meal with wine and a good crack with French and Dutch drivers in Cambrai - all for about a tenner (no parking and I paid with a bank card not all this cash only rubbish you get in a layby caravan or steamed up portakabin somewhere in the UK).

Live a little why don’t you! Have a meal at a table for once lol!!

Salmon and green veg, whatever next, what happened to Camion Stew :laughing: you`ll be wanting more money next. good on ya bruv, keep on trucking.

Sounds like the best option parking up, proper food aswell good man none of the crap services try and pass off as food .

David H:
I’m ashamed to say that if that’s as good as it gets then how tragic. 24 hours before you parked up, on February 11th, I had a 4 course meal with wine and a good crack with French and Dutch drivers in Cambrai - all for about a tenner (no parking and I paid with a bank card not all this cash only rubbish you get in a layby caravan or steamed up portakabin somewhere in the UK).

each to their own. I like the sound of the ops nighht out. Yours sounds tragic to me. Sitting with wagon drivers? God no. I’d rather eat my eyeballs, poached.

You see we all have different tastes. I like parking in the woods. Maybe 5 or miles from the road, yet others would cry all night if they were alone. Just because some of us can park up without other wagon drivers for company, we aren’t tragic.

If you are happy, that’s the most important thing. If I can get home I do, but if not, feet up, glass of wine/beer and watch the world go by.
Cheers
Paul

happysack:

David H:

each to their own. I like the sound of the ops nighht out. Yours sounds tragic to me. Sitting with wagon drivers? God no. I’d rather eat my eyeballs, poached.

You see we all have different tastes. I like parking in the woods. Maybe 5 or miles from the road, yet others would cry all night if they were alone. Just because some of us can park up without other wagon drivers for company, we aren’t tragic.

I have to agree with happysack on this.

I don’t night out… but if I did, it would be as far away from other humans as possible.

Me and monkey have an agreement. blimey!

Always take night out kit with me as can be out at very short notice, I don’t mind either :sunglasses: :smiley: