A Few Random Pics of Life on the bus

Empting the turd tank

Night out At the Robin Hood, Brighouse, no need for a taxi

Hare and Hounds, Hipperholme, Halifax

New tyres all round for the Test

My cat Bella’s home for the night in the landy as she is homeless whilst the bus has the work for the MoT done

Over the pit having leaf taken out of broken spring

another night out no taxi needed

This was sat just gone on the front at Scarborourgh

Going to spend the next couple of weeks around here whist i crack on and get get jobs done

how did you get around towing an auto on a A frame?

Interesting mate

philgor:
how did you get around towing an auto on a A frame?

Well thats why I bought the discovery, the transfer box has neutral so disconnects everything.

I had a new a frame and bumper made for the landy with eyes set at the same pitch as the bus so not only will the bus pull the car the car will pull the bus.

Has it been warm enough lately in the bus?

44 Tonne Ton:
Has it been warm enough lately in the bus?

Warm enough?

I’ll say.

At the moment I’m parked 200yards from the east coast near Scarborough, its wet cold and miserable outside. My solar system is 2.6 c at the panels and I’m sat here in a tea shirt.

The temp is 26 c upstairs. I have a good amount of coal on the fire, which heats downstairs and the flue heats the bedroom and I have a 3 bar gas fire on low

I’m still loosing heat out of the bathroom windows and also the front door, both will be sorted over the summer.

Got to say - I secretly envy you :slight_smile: You’re doing what I’d love to try but haven’t got the capital/guts/ability etc!!

Good luck to you and keep the updates coming :slight_smile:

CaptainHook:
Interesting mate

+1

I take my hat of to you mate

Keep us posted

Yep, fantastic stuff and I for one always look forward to these updates. If I had somewhere to park a double decker bus I would do the same thing in a heartbeat,

Harry Monk:
Yep, fantastic stuff and I for one always look forward to these updates. If I had somewhere to park a double decker bus I would do the same thing in a heartbeat,

Then do it Harry I urge you, I had nowhere to park one but managed living in the corner of industrial estates at first.

Now my bus is taxed and tested I can park it anywhere just like I used to park the wagon anywhere when doing a night out.

Lifes too short to wait until conditions are perfect, I just take one day at a time

At the moment I’m overlooking Cayton Bay on an old unused stretch of the coast road, I had no idea where I was going on Saturday lunch time when I picked up a girl I’m seeing in Bradford, we both love randomness so ended up at the coast.

We had a night on Scarborough sea front. lovely it was too.

As it happends my son called over yesterday so Belinda got a lift home and I’ll nip and get her Belinda next weekend.

Lifes good at the moment, right into Travis Perkins for timber to encase my batteries.

Keep them coming I also look forward to these posts. If I had the ability I still wouldn’t do it cause I have got the guts to get up and go.

marlow:

Harry Monk:

Then do it Harry I urge you, I had nowhere to park one but managed living in the corner of industrial estates at first.

Now my bus is taxed and tested I can park it anywhere just like I used to park the wagon anywhere when doing a night out.

Lifes too short to wait until conditions are perfect, I just take one day at a time

There have been times when I could/should have done it, although the stars are not favourable right now, I’m staying with my girlf atm and that costs me next to nothing and I need to be house settled because of my O licence application which is going through at the moment, but it is an idea which is always on the back burner.

I’m sure I’ve posted this before but here’s the bus I drove for a very memorable Summer. It’s an ex London Transport “M” Class. That’s me driving it out of Watermark Event Management’s yard at Bishops Waltham, Hampshire.

Meanwhile, I read your posts, look at double decker buses on ebay and fantasise… if I’m ever in your part of the world when I get my truck on the road, I’d love to pop in and take a look!

I wish you well mate, but change the colour, for the love of God! :smiley:

bigvern1:
I wish you well mate, but change the colour, for the love of God! :smiley:

its green for a reason vern…

brilliant,a stealth bus :laughing: :laughing:, like wise with what harry said, would love to do it, maybe in a couple of year’s though…

I was thinking of getting a motorhome for when I retire (I’m 50 this year :open_mouth: ) and living in it permanently whilst travelling around wherever the mood takes me, but looking at your posts has made me set my sights a little higher than a transit minibus conversion :smiley:
Like Harry I check ebay and dream, time isnt right yet but in 5 years time I may be buying with a view to conversion in time for retirement.

A friend spotted you yesterday and posted this photo on facebook. I like your aerial :slight_smile:

I want this one…

ebay.co.uk/itm/Hospitality-B … 622wt_1344

Here you go Harry mate
Tho iv seen that bus before

farm8.staticflickr.com/7051/6885 … 8a89_c.jpg

On the m1 before xmas time :slight_smile:

I tho it was AC/DC rock band :blush: :unamused:

euro-wheels.com/sales_detail … age=VH.jpg