A Few Random Pics of Life on the bus

Legend_Scania:
Here you go Harry mate
Tho iv seen that bus before

farm8.staticflickr.com/7051/6885 … 8a89_c.jpg

On the m1 before xmas time :slight_smile:

I tho it was AC/DC rock band :blush: :unamused:

when AC/DC finished their concerts they got into cars and buggered off, no busses for them.

Great pics sounds like a great life too , how much to tax and insure please?

tax £165 Insurance £183

marlow:
tax £165 Insurance £183

About the same price as my car ! What about fuel consumption , just being nosy
!

12 - 13 mpg but top speed 44mph

That’s good mpg. I understood some in service London city buses only managed around 6.

How’s the Disco brake situation?

A friend has towed a Land Rover Defender on an A frame behind an 18 tonne horse box all over Europe for more than 100,000 miles without incident.

Recently, on the way home from France he got a VOSA tug at M6 north Staffs. Wouldn’t let him continue. Wife had to drive the Defender.

He has manufactured a steel box which sits in the footwell carrying a truck brake actuator which pushes on the pedal. Piping is permanenty fitted on the LR from front end to near the seat. Flexi susi from truck to Landy. Then the contraption just plugs in near the seat.

do the genral pubic have brakes on vehicles towed behind winnybagos dont think so ■■?

pigpen:
do the genral pubic have brakes on vehicles towed behind winnybagos dont think so ■■?

Yep they do, if you look closely most of them have an overrun coupling on the a-frame linked via a cable to the footbrake on the car being towed.

Paul

The law is quite simple. If you tow a car behind a bus/ motorhome etc, then it is a trailer. Regardless of its weight, if a trailer is fitted with brakes then they have to work.

There’s more to it than that though. I was talking to Phil (marlow) on the phone the other day and it seems that from the research he has done that even if he fits it with coupled brakes unless he can prove their efficiency (by testing them on a proper roller tester) they are still technically illegal. We concluded that this probably means that the motorhomes towing small cars on overrun braked a-frames are probably still technically illegal but that the ministry are probably letting them get away with it because at least they’re making an effort to be legal and sticking to the spirit of the law even if they’re not quite sticking to the letter of it…

Paul

A friend who lives near me has a large motorhome and meets up with others who live on them permanently and just move about at will, she says that they have been told that you cannot insure them unless you have an address where you pay poll tax.
Is that true and how do you go on insuring the bus, do you have to show a fixed address where the insurance can send you mail.

It seems a nice life to me, go where the will takes you.

marlow:
Empting the turd tank

Isn’t that illegal?

Isn’t everything illegal in someone’s mind. how have we all lived this long without being locked up indefinitely for something or other ■■?

kindle530:

Legend_Scania:
Here you go Harry mate
Tho iv seen that bus before

farm8.staticflickr.com/7051/6885 … 8a89_c.jpg

On the m1 before xmas time :slight_smile:

I tho it was AC/DC rock band :blush: :unamused:

when AC/DC finished their concerts they got into cars and buggered off, no busses for them.

Only just seen this comment, when I saw it said to my brother look AC/DC bus he when yeah