A few ov my dads older tankers

My brother Tim with your dad probably knows a lot of posters on this tread, him and our dad worked at unichema from the early Ancliff days, brother Pete worked at A S Jones and my younger bro Simon worked at Mobil. happy days

Great pics there mate my dad used too drive tankers first for everards and then for tankfreight I remember seeing a lot of those united wagons where I used to live, keep the pics coming mate

when he was slim

this went like billio this thing :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

will have to get some more off him

at least he supports a decent team :laughing: :laughing:

Mr Ed is your dad Carl?

stringy:
Mr Ed is your dad Carl?

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: no m8 his name is eddie aswell ha ha i know who u mean tho hes not that big :smiley: :smiley:

nice pic’s keep em coming. :wink:

great pctures mate. dad was a tanker man too, worked for AS Jones, philmac, castrol and a few others i cant remember. unfourtunatly he never took a camera!. have many a happy childhood memory of being down the road on the tanks, so much so that once i had passed my c+e i went sniffing out tanker work. any more pictures mate?..pete

nice pic mr ed ,my late father and myself both drove for utt brentwood and tilbury depot

haulmaster:
nice pic mr ed ,my late father and myself both drove for utt brentwood and tilbury depot

used to be a good job utt same as always tho m8 all comes to an end :frowning: the unichema trucks r utt aswell i have some bulwark and ancliffe ones somewhere.

mr ed:

haulmaster:

used to be a good job utt same as always tho m8 all comes to an end :frowning: the unichema trucks r utt aswell i have some bulwark and ancliffe ones somewhere.

I would like to see the Bulwark, Ancliff pictures, and Hoggs of Kilsyth was another in the same group,

It was the local Ancliff union man, Fred Beech in Hull that put me off transport unions for life. I took my CPC and was accused of being a management spy :stuck_out_tongue:

I took my CPC and was accused of being a management spy
lol think he had been reading to much of stalins days in power wheel nut… :laughing:

thats rite mr ed utt was good job 4 us, me ole man was on 4 Smith & Robinson before utt took over and was there 4 23 yrs sadly then loosing him at only 49.i also have sadness still in my life as i work 4 ABBEYROADTANKS now ha ha…not that bad though most the time!!!

Thanks nice pictures of Tankers , any
more around by any chance,

Wheel Nut:

mr ed:

haulmaster:

I would like to see the Bulwark, Ancliff pictures, and Hoggs of Kilsyth was another in the same group,

It was the local Ancliff union man, Fred Beech in Hull that put me off transport unions for life. I took my CPC and was accused of being a management spy :stuck_out_tongue:

Malc,wasn’t Leonard Stamp,Avonmouth in that group as well?

Or am I having a “senior moment”? :smiley: Nice pictures haulmaster,I remember all those companies except Unichema.I don’t think they were around when I came off tankers in 1979.

Don’t worry Chris, you are not losing it. Stamps were in the group as well as the company from Montrose.

I am also sure you will have been to Unichema Bebington. The trucks were not owned by them, just liveried by other tanker companies. I bet if you cast your mind back you will remember a product called Prifrac :laughing: and what a pain in the arse it was to unload and clean out.

Drive past security, walk to the transport office, then and only then were you allowed to pull under the sample gantry. :open_mouth:

I think the 6 wheeler DAFs ended up at BRT Barry–later SAMAT. I remember 2,.668&669 XMR if I remember right–may be wrong,a long time ago-1994ish.I drove one for 2 years on Spain and Italy carrying Resin down and Olive oil or Maleic back.Pre-limiter,easy to hot wire so they tell me(trip money!!!)very fast.

Wheel Nut:
Don’t worry Chris, you are not losing it. Stamps were in the group as well as the company from Montrose.

I am also sure you will have been to Unichema Bebington. The trucks were not owned by them, just liveried by other tanker companies. I bet if you cast your mind back you will remember a product called Prifrac :laughing: and what a pain in the arse it was to unload and clean out.

Drive past security, walk to the transport office, then and only then were you allowed to pull under the sample gantry. :open_mouth:

No Malc,never been in Unichema Bebington,been in Pak-Tank Eastham plenty of times though.
What was Prifac - mucky black greasy crap was it? :smiley:
I thought I was right about Stamps,made my day. :grimacing:

Chris Webb:
No Malc,never been in Unichema Bebington,been in Pak-Tank Eastham plenty of times though.
What was Prifac - mucky black greasy crap was it? :smiley:
I thought I was right about Stamps,made my day. :grimacing:

Prifrac was a fatty acid but it had a fairly low melting point of about 40’c but discoloured at anything more then about 42’c

A right pain in the arse, especially in a lift tank as the foot valve was exposed. I don’t know if George Phillips is still around but he was a regular regular when he worked on P&O Tankmasters