A few ov my dads older tankers

haulmaster:
nice pic mr ed ,my late father and myself both drove for utt brentwood and tilbury depot

im mr eds dad worked 4 anclifs then utt took us over happy days remember brentwood and tilbury was on cargill job 4 about 18 months loaded out tilbury few times but most of our work was shell castrol e port sadly all the good tanker firms have gone merseyside is run by shirley an scabby abbey now

oi oi oi nothing wrong with ABBEY i work there and its ok not like it used to be runnin day and night all legal now thank god lol

haulmaster:
oi oi oi nothing wrong with ABBEY i work there and its ok not like it used to be runnin day and night all legal now thank god lol

alright haulmaster i know a lot of the drivers there over the years they been charlie lucy yeowits no ted in office to dave coulson. god years ago england wasint big enough for them is scotch george horn still there. bye the way i maniged 2 wks with them about 1990

I have a lot of Ancliff, Bulwark, S&R, and United Transport history. The United Group included Ancliff, Bulwark, Stamps, Hoggs, Brechins, and purchased S&R in 1986. All had the very best of drivers who would do anything or go anywhere, Proper Drivers!! And some very good contracts! However once it changed to Initial Transport as part of Rentokil they decided not to invest in the tanker business which was undergoing a lot of change at the time. I recognise Eddie & Tim from the photos. And worked with Terry Jaques who i see gets a mention!

Any other ex United drivers hiding behind various ‘handles’ nicknames etc? Would be interested in hearing from you. There’s some great pictures of the old trucks, i’ll have to try and scan some of my pics on to the site. :smiley:

Young Vic L:
I have a lot of Ancliff, Bulwark, S&R, and United Transport history. The United Group included Ancliff, Bulwark, Stamps, Hoggs, Brechins, and purchased S&R in 1986. All had the very best of drivers who would do anything or go anywhere, Proper Drivers!! And some very good contracts! However once it changed to Initial Transport as part of Rentokil they decided not to invest in the tanker business which was undergoing a lot of change at the time. I recognise Eddie & Tim from the photos. And worked with Terry Jaques who i see gets a mention!

Any other ex United drivers hiding behind various ‘handles’ nicknames etc? Would be interested in hearing from you. There’s some great pictures of the old trucks, i’ll have to try and scan some of my pics on to the site. :smiley:

Welcome Young Vic, Stepto AKA Andy told me you were about to become a Trucknetter, get the pics posted asap. Tankerian

Chris Webb:

Wheel Nut:
Don’t worry Chris, you are not losing it. Stamps were in the group as well as the company from Montrose.

I am also sure you will have been to Unichema Bebington. The trucks were not owned by them, just liveried by other tanker companies. I bet if you cast your mind back you will remember a product called Prifrac :laughing: and what a pain in the arse it was to unload and clean out.

Drive past security, walk to the transport office, then and only then were you allowed to pull under the sample gantry. :open_mouth:

No Malc,never been in Unichema Bebington,been in Pak-Tank Eastham plenty of times though.
What was Prifac - mucky black greasy crap was it? :smiley:
I thought I was right about Stamps,made my day. :grimacing:

Chris I am sure it was "Price s Chemicals " which became Unichema De Mulders of Doncaster used to do a lot of Tallow in to there. Factory shop was oppisite the weighbridge and their social club was across the road so everything on hand for a good night out I had a few nights there with one of DeMulders lads Brian a owner driver.
cheers Johnnie

sammyopisite:

Chris Webb:

Wheel Nut:
Don’t worry Chris, you are not losing it. Stamps were in the group as well as the company from Montrose.

I am also sure you will have been to Unichema Bebington. The trucks were not owned by them, just liveried by other tanker companies. I bet if you cast your mind back you will remember a product called Prifrac :laughing: and what a pain in the arse it was to unload and clean out.

Drive past security, walk to the transport office, then and only then were you allowed to pull under the sample gantry. :open_mouth:

No Malc,never been in Unichema Bebington,been in Pak-Tank Eastham plenty of times though.
What was Prifac - mucky black greasy crap was it? :smiley:
I thought I was right about Stamps,made my day. :grimacing:

Chris I am sure it was "Price s Chemicals " which became Unichema De Mulders of Doncaster used to do a lot of Tallow in to there. Factory shop was oppisite the weighbridge and their social club was across the road so everything on hand for a good night out I had a few nights there with one of DeMulders lads Brian a owner driver.
cheers Johnnie

I remember Prices in the 70s Johnnie.Unichem came after I came off tankers then.