A Drivers Life

A driver’s life

Been here before nothing ever changes, lets look at the night guys who stay out for the week and sleep in the cab all week, tramping they call it, what I call it is cheap labour, please call it what it is cheap labour is what it is. Now people who do this kind of work don’t do it for the 20 pound a night out money (or do they) god help them if they do and on top of that some company’s wont pay for parking.

People who do this either don’t like there kids or don’t like there wife or don’t like there parents or don’t like them selfs, whoever they live with maybe they hate them self’s. Lets get real here they must be working for 3.50 a hour or less, what a very very sad life they live missing out on so much.

For less than 3.50 give me the knife. Tell it how it is.

If you do it in Europe that’s a big adventure and you get something out of it, it’s called experience but to do it in your own country for 20 pounds a night it’s a sad state of affair’s for the people who do it five nights a week or four no wonder the job is ■■■■■■ up when you have people doing this for peanuts.

Some people live a very very sad life to make a small living, just telling it how it is when some one trys to do this every one seems not to have an opinion to tell the truth or get very defensive

The Taliban would be so proud of you keep up the good work they probably work less and earn more that you. Ps I know they do.

And before you go on about it’s a job, if the people who employ you can’t afford to pay a living wage then they should not be in business.
And I am a truck driver, I just don’t go along with all the sweetness that s on here please tell it how it is.

It’s a ■■■■ of a job with no life and no backup from you own kind, so you will always be working in this business for min wage long hours and little pay welcome to the glorified truckers net, its a ■■■■ job.

I’m not usually one to feed trolls, but I’ll make an exception…

Why is it a big adventure doing it in Europe and not in your own country? The only difference is the road signs are in a different language and you get to sit on a boat or a train for a bit…

Derf:
I’m not usually one to feed trolls, but I’ll make an exception…

Why is it a big adventure doing it in Europe and not in your own country? The only difference is the road signs are in a different language and you get to sit on a boat or a train for a bit…

If you have to ask you dont know anything about it, (Europe) call me a troll for telling it how it is, you are up there with the best of them living in Fairy land, tell me i am wrong and give me your reasons why

sounds like another driving in Europe makes you a better driver thread. Some people actually like driving you know :unamused:

nightline:
A driver’s life

… Tell it how it is.

its a [zb] job.

If its not a good job for you buddy i hope you can find another one to suit you, preferably sooner rather than later as its sounds like your job is eating you up. A lot of people do enjoy their jobs.Lets hope you can find one you enjoy too.

nightline:
A driver’s life

Been here before nothing ever changes, lets look at the night guys who stay out for the week and sleep in the cab all week, tramping they call it, what I call it is cheap labour, please call it what it is cheap labour is what it is. Now people who do this kind of work don’t do it for the 20 pound a night out money (or do they) god help them if they do and on top of that some company’s wont pay for parking.

People who do this either don’t like there kids or don’t like there wife or don’t like there parents or don’t like them selfs, whoever they live with maybe they hate them self’s. Lets get real here they must be working for 3.50 a hour or less, what a very very sad life they live missing out on so much.

For less than 3.50 give me the knife. Tell it how it is.

If you do it in Europe that’s a big adventure and you get something out of it, it’s called experience but to do it in your own country for 20 pounds a night it’s a sad state of affair’s for the people who do it five nights a week or four no wonder the job is [zb] up when you have people doing this for peanuts.

Some people live a very very sad life to make a small living, just telling it how it is when some one trys to do this every one seems not to have an opinion to tell the truth or get very defensive

The Taliban would be so proud of you keep up the good work they probably work less and earn more that you. Ps I know they do.

And before you go on about it’s a job, if the people who employ you can’t afford to pay a living wage then they should not be in business.
And I am a truck driver, I just don’t go along with all the sweetness that s on here please tell it how it is.

It’s a [zb] of a job with no life and no backup from you own kind, so you will always be working in this business for min wage long hours and little pay welcome to the glorified truckers net, its a [zb] job.

So you hate your job.

Do something else, anything. Just stop moaning.

P.S. Do you drive for Nightline?

And by the way, anyone who tell’s it how it is on this site is called a troll, the truth hurts them so much.
You see i am not into the big truck or Grill on the front or how big the bed is or how big my lights are or how much my truck cost or what colour it is or if it can turn left or right. WHAT I WANT IS A LIVING WITH A LIFE AND I HAVE THAT AT THE MOMENT.

So you’re just a standard, miserable Jackeen? :laughing:

Hmm ? Sounds like you have had a bad week and then had a bit of a bevy after work :question: Chill out it will all be different next week :laughing: :wink:

Welcome to the transport world, it has been like it for years so having a go at trampers (wouldn’t bother, most are better men/ladies than you or I will ever be (and yes have done a bit, 30 yrs class 1) As for Europe, if at the end of the day it pays the bills and puts food on the table (being away for weeks was not a choise for many) If you don’t like the lifestyle/conditions/pay, may I suggest you go elsewhere and multiply

Not sure why you have posted this tbh. Maybe you are board with nothing else to do or the misses has won yet another argument about you not working enough hours. Either way nobody is asking you to become a tramper ( just being honest) and in your long career as a driver you should understand why drivers tramp. Nobody is under any illusions about the job and we all know there is no £20ph 24/7 whilst on duty. i applaud you however for writing this useless overview and should i need any advise i will be sure to direct myself your way. I think its wrong to assume people tramp because they have no social or family life. Infact i will go as far to say that you are way out of line to even mention the personal life of others. I have never tramped but i would be willing to give it ago knowing that i will only be paid for actual work hours and not rest. Thats just my honest opinion

Anyone who has to do this for 20 pounds a night please get a job .

Your all sitting there telling me to get out of my job, why because I tell you something you already know about the job and the people who do it for peanuts, you people have not got a backbone in you body to stick up for a good living, you should be ashamed of your self’s you are a disgrace to truck drivers all over the world you always have been and always will be working for buttons

I’ve tramped and enjoyed it…UK and European.
Now I’m away monday to friday but I don’t tramp anymore and if uou don’t know the difference between having four or five nights out per week and tramping then perhaps you shouldn’t cast comment?
Oops…feeding the troll… sorry lads!

Now I’m away monday to friday but I don’t tramp anymore.
Need i say any more

nightline:
Need i say any more

No.

Just prove my point what he said was I am away five nights a week and I am not tramping
So he’s working for a day rate

Sorry but I don’t think I gave my wage/salary on here, it’s not peanuts (a decent pay granted, BUT IF you were a surgeon would you harp on?)

how times change. Truck drivers wages are decreasing. And why is this■■? Your very good at inulting but that does not mean you have a backbone it means your back to moan :laughing: omg my jokes just keep getting better

Scanner:

nightline:
Need i say any more

No.

That’s what your are putting up with, people who just want to drive a truck they don’t even know the difference between night and day just give me the 3.50 a hour. God help us.

Don’t be like one of dose alco spunkers, hangin’ around de early house in Moore Street. In de mornin’ on wit de shirt and de geansai, den de Louis Copeland tin o’ fruit, and don’t forget to wash de back o’ yer Gregory peck as owld Mr Fortycoats used to say.

Ah poor owld Dr Bill, eh? :laughing: