A diary from the last few months

hi all, well as i didnt really prepare a proper diary i have just got a load of pictures from the last few months. the trip was as follows. empty to koln to load, down to istanbul, from there we went to: rome, milan, florence, barcelona, coimbra, berlin, copenhagen, gothenburg, amsterdam, koln, brussels, paris, london, birmingham, edinburgh, dublin, vienna, warsaw, kiev, moscow, st petersburg, helsinki, oslo, zurich, nice (phew!) unload at vatry airport near (ish) reims and come home, 12 weeks in total.

interesting trailer in gieselwind

italy…

which would you have?..

parked at ancona with roger gool subbing for us instead of astran for a bit, and his mate AJ

billy no mates parked up at the docks too

couple of trucks around ancona…

parked in marias for the night in greece with a couple of pulleyns on their way back from istanbul

says it all…

bibendum and the flag…

old eurotrotter still working

crossing the bosphorus bridge, does this officially make me a middle east driver?!!..

this old 111 was at istanbul airport waiting for a load, globetrotter roof and 2 series front end, what a beast (same as the fat bloke in shorts :blush: :laughing: )

turkins taxi

couple of trucks back in greece

went for a walk when we parked up in thesaloniki with the camera and found these…

back at the docks at igoumenitsa waiting to ship to italy…

really pleased with this photo

the ferry

florence

en route to portugal bumped into tony bradfield, whos now 81 (iirc) and still running to morocco!

heading for denmark…

these were at the denmark/sweden ferry, sorry for the quality it was early morning and i used my phone, great 142 still working! the russian topline is an old dutch motor

as some of you may know we had a truck written off 10 km from the gig in gothenburg, so for the drive down to amsterdam we had one of micke bollhams dafs to take the gear before another black truck could replace it, he has a cracking fleet! this is it loading up…

and this was delivering to the stadium

a couple of the trucks we passed on the way south…

this daf was in amsterdam

all4trucks in calais one weekend, the white and blue globetrotter used to belong to a company my brother works for

truck with extra gear joined us for a few shows

hyde park…

steel crew truck in hyde park

duke of hazzard gone wrong?? topaz in dublin docks

polish/ukraine border

you would think the west oil group wouldnt use this sort of sign, but i guess its lost in translation? (hope this is allowed on here?)

one horse power…

lined up at the gig in kiev

ukraine/russian border…

at our hotel in bryansk, rus (trucks were being driven on, we had to get a bus after our break to catch them up) this hotel was odd to say the least!!

and outside

the garden looks like they raided some garden centres bargain bucket, love the square of astroturf!

some of the trucks between moscow and st petersburg

off to the police station with our documents…

old tesco trailer

this chap had a puncture, but the trailer looks a bit doomed…

nice parking…

bit of rain coming into st petersburg

this poor sod had managed to miss this huge hole in the road and drive straight in!!!

this truck used to be local to me where i live, was a limited edition and mint! now russian owned and not so mint, saw waiting for the ferry from finland to sweden

on the ferry enjoying the sun

some other fat bloke whos on here…!

fishing for a pushbike after someone rode it into the fjord…!

found it!!!

nice…

this xxl has been chipped up to an 850 apparently, bonkers!!

swedish sunrise

zurich…

managed to park in some shade in nice, which was handy as it hit 40 degrees at some points!

just what you dont want!! mind you at least i was only heading home and not on an overnight drive to a show!

nice company name!

and finally a few golden oldies stopped in ashford truckstop en route to dorset steam fair

i hope you enjoyed looking through and found something of interest…

Excellent pics mate, thanks for sharing. :smiley:
What shows were you doing?

Excellent photos thanks for posting them I wouldn’t mind a blast at that sort of work looks fun.

great pics mat

What a blast photos!!! brilliant good! really enjoyed :wink: Cheers

ill have you know im a fine figure of a man and hugo boss would be prod to have me as a model…

Great photos chap, the one where the geezer is down the hole, was this taken from Alan Coless unit ? :wink:

Superb pics. Who’s tour was it? Who was the tour bus company? Cheers

Absulotely awesome, really enjoy looking through them.

Great stuff. Sounds like a proper journey

TC

Nice one Matt :wink:

Great pics matey, loved the old f88… 20 yrs since i was over in europe in a truck brings back some good memories and some not so good, the one with all the lads on the jetty looks like you were all having a great time, thankyou for posting , best regards, shytalk. :smiley:

shytalk:
Great pics matey, loved the old f88… 20 yrs since i was over in europe in a truck brings back some good memories and some not so good, the one with all the lads on the jetty looks like you were all having a great time, thankyou for posting , best regards, shytalk. :smiley:

we were mate… great day out tbh… and the fjord was lovely to swim in

Excellent set of pics Mat, thanks for posting.

Brilliant! Really enjoyed that :slight_smile: I’m sure everyone on here is a little bit jeleuos of the fact that you’ve been to so many different places. How do you manage when driving in the blazing sunshine? Ever tempted to just park up and laze about?

Stanley Mitchell:
Great photos chap, the one where the geezer is down the hole, was this taken from Alan Coless unit ? :wink:

yeah mate it was :blush:

the tour was madonna and the buses were from beat the street

Tarrman:
How do you manage when driving in the blazing sunshine? Ever tempted to just park up and laze about?

most of the time, but we have to get there, you will only be late once…! and normally when we get to the other end we get a little chance to laze about in the sun!

thanks everyone, glad you enjoyed it, the tour was a good laugh

great pics, what an amazing journey! very jealous…

Great pictures thanks for sharing :smiley:

Wonderful stuff,
Better than a trip to Tosco Purfleet!!

How many on here would love to do work like that - ME certainly!!