A D R

thinking of doing my adr for a chance at earning better money and possible better jobs im not talking about petrol just yet :smiley: but was wondering what different levels are there and is it really worth forking out for :question:

Kill two birds with one stone! 21 hours Dcpc and certificate! :wink:
I am thinking the same! :smiley:

there is that i already got 28 hrs cpc in myself just thinking out loud i dont mind working were i am but need to earn more money never thought id miss stobarts :laughing: :laughing:

cliffton 27:
thinking of doing my adr for a chance at earning better money and possible better jobs im not talking about petrol just yet :smiley: but was wondering what different levels are there and is it really worth forking out for :question:

In a lot of cases i would say no,luckily i had mine paid for by my last company,its gone up in price now to bout Ā£400-Ā£500!!
When i was on containers i used to get Ā£5 a box,so if i had 3 or 4 a week it was an extra Ā£15-Ā£20ā€¦some weeks i would have none,i know a lot of firms that wont even pay any extra for ADR drivers.
Unless you are looking for a life on the tankers,then i wouldnā€™t bother,even then youā€™d have to get on a tanker firm with no tanker experience,which might prove difficult.

Bikemonkey:

cliffton 27:

In a lot of cases i would say no,luckily i had mine paid for by my last company,its gone up in price now to bout Ā£400-Ā£500!!
When i was on containers i used to get Ā£5 a box,so if i had 3 or 4 a week it was an extra Ā£15-Ā£20ā€¦some weeks i would have none,i know a lot of firms that wont even pay any extra for ADR drivers.
Unless you are looking for a life on the tankers,then i wouldnā€™t bother,even then youā€™d have to get on a tanker firm with no tanker experience,which might prove difficult.

or work for air liquide boc air products on cylinders im on 12.00 per hour on cylinders done tanks same on tanks at our depot

nick172sport:

Bikemonkey:

cliffton 27:

or work for air liquide boc air products on cylinders im on 12.00 per hour on cylinders done tanks same on tanks at our depot

might sound like a daft question how do i get into them sort of firms send us a pm if u like

cliffton 27:

nick172sport:

Bikemonkey:

cliffton 27:

might sound like a daft question how do i get into them sort of firms send us a pm if u like

I know they have a place down Swinton? Is it classed as, anyway, where the M60 meets the East Lancs, that industrial estate, thereā€™s a BOC place on there, going to try them myself when my certificate comes back.

I did my ADR with DieselDave off here week before last, will let you know if it was easy or not when I get my pass certificate - I know I got at least 4 wrong, and knew when discussing later on that Iā€™d got them wrong and why etc, so the knowledge sticks in.

I passed mine with tanks 12 months ago. From what Iā€™ve seen there is little if any benefit. I did get offered a tanker job earlier last year (with no experience), but turned it down as the hours were ridiculous.

in that case then i think my idea has been put in the bin before i have even wrote it down :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
like i said just thinking aloud need to earn some decent cash and looking at ways of expanding my earning potential

waynedl:
I did my ADR with DieselDave off here week before last,

Did you find it boring spending days on end in a classroom. :angry:

Noworries:

waynedl:
I did my ADR with DieselDave off here week before last,

Did you find it boring spending days on end in a classroom. :angry:

HELL YEAH!!

I hate being indoors, used to work in computers (networking and ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  like that) and gave it up to come outside, in last 2 years, Iā€™ve done my dCPC, my ADR and some other classroom stuff, need my head seeing to :laughing:

Started mine today, struggling to stay awake in class :frowning:

it depends if you want to go on tankers or not at the end of the day mate, im sure gee transport do some tanker work with sun chemicals. why not have a look at seeing if work is avaible there on the general side with a view to going onto tanks?

from my point of view getting my adr and coming off general haulage was a good thing (mind you it was stobarts i was working for) and im hoping to stay on tanker work. i find it less stressful than general although we all still have our bad days.

yes the course is 5 days in a classroom, but its usually the first 2 days whilst learning core thats the struggle it will start fitting into place come wendesday then exams and homeā€¦lol

oh and if dieseldave is teaching you, theres plenty of brew breaks! :smiley:

thanks for the input guys i think id better start saving a bit of cash and see whats what :smiley:

Donā€™t no how much extra you are looking to earn but class 1 adr job going in scunthorpe Ā£8 per hour,you may be awile getting your money back.

'Kin ell, was on Ā£8 an hour ten years ago :open_mouth:

cieranc:
'Kin ell, was on Ā£8 an hour ten years ago :open_mouth:

Yep it called supply / demand too many driver not enough vacancies simple add to that the ā€œbig boysā€ have pushed the rate down

You could phone this guy up

adr-courses.co.uk/

He will give you a price etc with the dcpc as well

Im gonna go for adr just because the amount of cpc hours it uses up.

I can see that this time next year, tanker drivers will be on the same money as everyone else, 'cos everyone will have a haz-chem ticket!