A caravan for truckers

(Or wannabe truckers)
youtu.be/VtCQkaB-rNI

Always fancied a camper when I retire, to run around Europe with the wife, visiting WW1 & WW2 historical sites (I know how to show a lady a good time eh? :laughing: ) but I reckon this one would remind me too much of work.
The lad has made a good job of it though on a limited budget, but not everyone’s cup of PG.

No space to swing a cat let alone stand up and it will handle like a shopping trolley with no weight on the pin.It’s a piece of junk.
Just book 4 star hotels with a decent car much more civilised and you can cover much more ground in a trip.
If not go large, with a proper American RV rental, or go home. :bulb:

Carryfast:
No space to swing a cat let alone stand up and it will handle like a shopping trolley with no weight on the pin.It’s a piece of junk.
Just book 4 star hotels with a decent car much more civilised and you can cover much more ground in a trip.

Yep, it’s no bigger than a standard VW campervan, it’s just the quirkiness that stands out.
You’re maybe right, it’ll handle like a bag of ■■■■, but he’s proud of it and happy with it, so that’s all that matters to him.

Got to agree about hotels after years of (as the day men say :smiley: ) …‘‘living in a tin box’’ :smiley: , but I’d still like to do Western Europe with a camper,.whether or not it’ll be a US job is debatable, I reckon the mpg and ferry cost will cure that idea.
Me and my Dad went over a few times about 15 to 18 yrs ago in a people carrier,.and just parked up overnight on the Somme battlefields. between doing a couple of B&Bs around Ypres, then other years around Normandy, and then Arnhem.
So yeh, that’s my retirement plan.

Carryfast:

Awwwww but you could paint it grey, get Doris next door to load it with half a dozen parcels and live your dream as a man in charge of his own destiny for the first time in his life…

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

Awwwww but you could paint it grey, get Doris next door to load it with half a dozen parcels and live your dream as a man in charge of his own destiny for the first time in his life…

Only an owner driver is in charge of his own destiny and even then beholding to the bank instead of any specific employer.
The rest of us have to do what we have to do earn a wage as a mere employee.
Unless your face fits well enough to know that you can walk into any job you choose after handing in your notice in the previous one changing jobs like the weather , also with no need for any reference and in the knowledge that your employer will react to you putting his truck off the road into a ditch, with a promotion.
Some of us just weren’t born that lucky.
Having said that the better days of the job paid for some great road trips across Europe with a decent car with my holiday entitlement.That’s more than my Grandfather ever had. :unamused:

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

Only an owner driver is in charge of his own destiny and even then beholding to the bank instead of any specific employer.
The rest of us have to do what we have to do earn a wage as a mere employee.
Unless your face fits well enough to know that you can walk into any job you choose after handing in your notice in the previous one changing jobs like the weather , also with no need for any reference and in the knowledge that your employer will react to you putting his truck off the road into a ditch, with a promotion.
Some of us just weren’t born that lucky.
Having said that the better days of the job paid for some great road trips across Europe with a decent car with my holiday entitlement.That’s more than my Grandfather ever had. :unamused:

I love how much I get to you. Esp since you’ve invented my whole career in your head. You get angry about a life that no one lived. Which is the ultimate in pointlessness :smiley: Carry on. Give Doris my regards

Carryfast:

You’re a miserable , Carryfast, at least he’s got off his arse and done something other than whinge.
You’ve again demonstrated you lack of knowledge and experience. That will handle just fine. It pleases him and his family,that’s all that matters. He nor anyone else really cares about the jealous opinion of a random nobody.

Carryfast:

And in later days? Was mortgaging your parents house as you mentioned recently to keep you in the holidays to which you have come accustomed? Or are holidays a distant memory now, like your ‘career’?

There’s a regular visit to the costa blanca near me(La Marina).A daf tractor unit on Dutch plate attached to 40ft.box van converted to house his family.He stays several weeks at a time.

Star down under.:

Carryfast:

You’re a miserable , Carryfast, at least he’s got off his arse and done something other than whinge.
You’ve again demonstrated you lack of knowledge and experience. That will handle just fine. It pleases him and his family,that’s all that matters. He nor anyone else really cares about the jealous opinion of a random nobody.

Which part of ‘’ not everyone’s cup of PG ‘’ didn’t you understand.
Yes maybe it will handle just fine depending on the amount of weight on the pin.
That won’t provide it with any more living space though.
Admiration of the US type RV obviously wasn’t a whinge.

Carryfast:

Star down under.:

Carryfast:

Which part of ‘’ not everyone’s cup of PG ‘’ didn’t you understand.
Yes maybe it will handle just fine depending on the amount of weight on the pin.
That won’t provide it with any more living space though.
Admiration of the US type RV obviously wasn’t a whinge.

Where did you say ‘not everyone’s cup of PG’? I seem to have missed that

^^^^^^^^
Errrrrr I think it was ME. :neutral_face:

robroy:
^^^^^^^^

Trouble maker! :wink:

Star down under.:

robroy:
^^^^^^^^

Trouble maker! :wink:

:open_mouth: Moi ? :laughing:

robroy:
^^^^^^^^

I know. He spoke like he’d said it though, that it justified his nasty tirade

switchlogic:

robroy:
^^^^^^^^

I know. He spoke like he’d said it though, that it justified his nasty jealous tirade

Fixed it for you.

Star down under.:

switchlogic:

robroy:
^^^^^^^^

I know. He spoke like he’d said it though, that it justified his nasty jealous tirade

Fixed it for you.

No I was clearly referring to the fact that the OP was equally clearly asking for any views for or against.
It’s clear that you ain’t home vehicle building types or you’d know that ‘piece of junk’ is actually a friendly term of banter which actually means good effort but it’s got ‘issues’ as in flaws. :unamused:
Why would I be jealous of something that I’ve called a ‘piece of junk’.
Or the fact that I prefer hotels than any type of camping but if I was going to use a motorhome it would have to be American and it wouldn’t be small.
Also the capital outlay needed for that makes no sense as opposed to rental.

So without knowing more the thing looks dodgy in terms of handling.
It’s deffo not got enough room to swing a cat or stand up in.
I would prefer to use decent hotels with a decent car.
But if it has to be a motor home then it has to be American or go home and rental not purchase is the most financially viable way to do that.
How does that fit being ‘jealous’ as opposed to replying to the OP’s questions. :unamused:

Carryfast:
‘piece of junk’ is actually a friendly term of banter which actually means good effort but it’s got ‘issues’ as in flaws. :unamused:

Is that what you tell yourself when people have a go at you here? ‘Ah it’s just banter’. To clarify- it’s not banter when I do it

Carryfast:
’

Maybe not machine but you must wish you had the get up and go to leave the sofa now and again and do something worthwhile surely?

switchlogic:

Carryfast:
‘piece of junk’ is actually a friendly term of banter which actually means good effort but it’s got ‘issues’ as in flaws. :unamused:

Is that what you tell yourself when people have a go at you here? ‘Ah it’s just banter’. To clarify- it’s not banter when I do it

Carryfast:
’

Maybe not machine but you must wish you had the get up and go to leave the sofa and do something worthwhile surely?

You mean like putting a 6.0 motor and manual box in a Jag XJ and using it to travel to numerous decent hotels across Europe.That type of worthwhile.
I’ve done camping/caravanning and didn’t like it.But an American motor home ‘would’ have made it tolerable/much more agreeable.
The OP asked the question I answered it.
What’s your problem with that. :unamused:

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

Carryfast:
’

Maybe not machine but you must wish you had the get up and go to leave the sofa and do something worthwhile surely?

You mean like putting a 6.0 motor and manual box in a Jag XJ and using it to travel to numerous decent hotels across Europe.That type of worthwhile.:

Blimey, sorry, I take it all back. You put an engine in a car and drove it somewhere. That’s one for the headstone surely

Carryfast:
What’s your problem with that. :unamused:

If you don’t know by now you never will. :smiley: