A bad day at the office

dar1976:
Surely it’s the Stobbie just out of shot driven by a Pole.

how did you figure this one out ?

Tazbug:
We were both breath and urine tested on site by Iceland management as part of their site policy.

Breath and Urine? I wouldn’t give anyone who’s not a doctor a urine sample of mine, especially a company I was delivering to that I didn’t even work for.

franksg:

dar1976:
Surely it’s the Stobbie just out of shot driven by a Pole.

how did you figure this one out ?

Welcome to trucknet.

Over the coming weeks you will find out that everything is either a stobbies driver or poles fault. It’s just the way the cookie crumbles.

m1cks:

Tazbug:
We were both breath and urine tested on site by Iceland management as part of their site policy.

Breath and Urine? I wouldn’t give anyone who’s not a doctor a urine sample of mine, especially a company I was delivering to that I didn’t even work for.

I’d give a urine sample but only on condition that I could see him drink it.

thelorryist:
Over the coming weeks you will find out that everything is either a stobbies driver or poles fault. It’s just the way the cookie crumbles.

Not strictly true. More often than not, it’s the agency drivers fault.

Man City? Just deserts, that’s an oirish plated Liverpool truck, shouldn’t be allowed in my humble opinion

So I’m out in someone else’s unit today and the turbo goes pop, (11 plate fh), I’s got no gear with me as the delivery was only 2 hrs away from base, can we book you a hotel and pay your expenses on top of your n/o money? Erm… Go on then, save me having to make excuses later to the house boss…

Posted by accident in this thread, ■■■■

madiganzo:

No probs these threads normally go off on a tangent any way.
Nice one having a hotel room, make sure your get breaky in bed as well. Might also be worth leaving the telly on a fuzzy channel buzzing loudly then you can also pretend your parked by a reefer.

Oh and don’t forget to walk outside on the balcony for wee in the night, using the room loo is just cheating.

Dipper_Dave:

madiganzo:

No probs these threads normally go off on a tangent any way.
Nice one having a hotel room, make sure your get breaky in bed as well. Might also be worth leaving the telly on a fuzzy channel buzzing loudly then you can also pretend your parked by a reefer.

Oh and don’t forget to walk outside on the balcony for wee in the night, using the room loo is just cheating.

Perhaps arrange for some dodgy slappers to bang on the door in the middle of the night too.

Contraflow:

thelorryist:

Not strictly true. More often than not, it’s the agency drivers fault.

Oh ■■■■ yeah I forgot about those pesky agency drivers!

Don’t get me started on the poles working for stobarts on the agency… :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :grimacing:

FarnboroughBoy11:

PremiumTrucker:

FarnboroughBoy11:
He is clearly an ex UPS driver that felt claustrophobic having a door around him.

Them vans make me laugh every time. Wonder how many drivers have fell out !?
Reminds me of a milk float :smiley:

I know :slight_smile: go a bit too fast round a roundabout and your gone!!

Except the seat belt would prevent such things

madiganzo:
So I’m out in someone else’s unit today and the turbo goes pop, (11 plate fh), I’s got no gear with me as the delivery was only 2 hrs away from base, can we book you a hotel and pay your expenses on top of your n/o money? Erm… Go on then, save me having to make excuses later to the house boss…

Sounds like a decent firm to work for!

the maoster:
Hey ho, things can only get better! :smiley:

It wasn’t you that sharted in the truck was it?

Those bays at Iceland Enfield are tight, in the early hours when they park their trailers opposite the bays. I had to reverse between 2 artics in my first few weeks driving, some old boy on the bay next to me watched me back. Really did think I wouldn’t get in but it did.

m1cks:

Tazbug:

+1. think they are literally taking the pee.

Tazbug:
Let me clear this one up…

It was mid June 2013, Iceland’s Enfield. Being a Newbie (and having found my 1st reverse onto a bay at this location a little tricky) i was pulling forwards and to the right (yes i’,m piloting the Langdons) to square up.
My nearside view was now blind. As i pulled forwards I heard a loud crack and thought a nearby forkie had dropped his pile of pallets. I stopped , got out and walked round the back to find the damage as per the photo. Volvo driver at 1st claimed it was a ‘classic newbie mistake’…then he told me he opened his door in order to get out and help me back, didn’t realise i was coming out, my barn door caught his now open drivers door and pulled it forwards. I do believe he strapped his door shut and drove out.

…I’m still driving with Langdons, love this job

Tazbug

Were you on the chilled or ambient?

The bays at Tesco Fenny Lock were every new drivers worst nightmare for backing on to & getting yourself in to a creamy mess!

Anybody done 3663 at Enfield :open_mouth:

m1cks:

Tazbug:

thick truck drivers :laughing: NOT KNOWING THEIR :open_mouth: RIGHTS? :sunglasses: under NO CIRCUMSTANCES! :unamused: do you give ANY samples to anyone :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: drivers and screwdrivers! :smiley: