£60 fine and 3 points for not wearing the right shoes?

Was speaking to a driver yesterday who told me he was stopped by Vosa at Sutton Scotney and cause he was wearing those clacks or slippers or something he was given a £60 fine and 3 points :open_mouth: :open_mouth: …he was told he had to wear proper shoes or boots.
cant remember what the actual wording of the offence was but i wasn’t sure whether to believe him or not…he’s usually moaning or exaggerating about something whenever I speak to him…he told me the union were fighting it for him

does anyone know whether this could be true or not ■■ I dont wear shoes in my cab,I leave my shoes on the steps cause i dont want mud and ■■■■ all over the place when i live in the thing all week. :angry: …ive been doing it for years now and feel i have full control with the footwear i drive in…ive always driven my car in socks too…what business is it of vosa what I choose to wear on my feet when i drive??surely as long as im legal and the trucks not got defects or whatever which is what they are there for!!! or are they there just to be a bunch or ■■■■■ if they cant find anything wrong with the driver or the truck??..i could understand if I was maybe wearing some ABBA style platforms and a balaclava with no eye holes :wink: :unamused:

what next??

The offense is “Not being in proper control of your vehicle”, and it includes the opportunity to get nicked for wearing (or not wearing) the wrong things on your feet…

The highway code “Advises” that sensible footwear should be worn while driving.

It is illegal to drive in bare feet in the UK. So he’s either talking crap or the vosa man is.

allikat:
The offense is “Not being in proper control of your vehicle”, and it includes the opportunity to get nicked for wearing (or not wearing) the wrong things on your feet…

Yep thats the one Allikat.
how can you not be in proper control of a vehicle though??according to who and what rules and regs??
if i had no arms or one leg i could expect that to be a legitimate offence but not for wearing footwear which i can drive comfortably in.

some thing about this as be on here before

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. … highlight=

There is no law saying you cannot drive barefoot, it is only illegal to drive without full control of your vehicle or without due care and attention.

Technically, if you were stopped for one of these reasons, they could include the fact you are barefoot in the case against you, but you cannot get arrested for driving barefoot alone.

limeyphil:
It is illegal to drive in bare feet in the UK. .

You sure about that only my source says different and my source has a nice set of blue lights on top of his car and does a lot of motorway work :wink:

delboytwo:
some thing about this as be on here before

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. … highlight=

From the above link - I:
It is NOT illegal to drive barefoot.

It has been proven that driving in high heels gives less control - I think this was done at the MIRA testing place.

You can drive in the nice fluffy slippers with the bells on the end if you want :exclamation:

As long as the driver has proper control there is no problem with anything.

I dont wear shoes in my cab,I leave my shoes on the steps cause i dont want mud and [zb] all over place…

Take it you don’t do much multi-drop or grab work ■■?
[/quote]

bubsy06:
There is no law saying you cannot drive barefoot, it is only illegal to drive without full control of your vehicle or without due care and attention.

Technically, if you were stopped for one of these reasons, they could include the fact you are barefoot in the case against you, but you cannot get arrested for driving barefoot alone.

He didnt say arrested it was £60 and 3 points which is a load of ballards

Taken from the following web site wycombedrivingschool.co.uk/questions.asp

> Q: Sometimes I drive my boyfriend’s car home if he’s had too much to drink when we go out. If I’m wearing high heels I take them off but a friend of mine said it is illegal to drive barefoot. Is that true?
>
> A: No. It’s perfectly legal to drive barefoot but I wouldn’t recommend it because the increased sensitivity underfoot could mess up your braking. For example, if a piece of grit got caught on your foot it could hurt you when you pressed the brake and you might involuntarily come off the pedal at a critical moment. You may also find it more difficult to press hard on the pedal without shoes. Flat, thin-soled shoes are best for driving. Maybe you could leave a pair of driving shoes in your boyfriend’s car next time you go out on the town. Or you can buy shoes with detachable high heels from the car insurance company Sheila’s Wheels. The Highway Code simply says footwear should not interfere with the operation of the controls of the vehicle, so if you find yourself unavoidably wearing unsafe shoes, barefoot would be better. Just make sure you shake out your floor mat before you set off. Shoes you should avoid driving in include: sandals because the pedal can get caught between your toes and the sole; shoes with no back to them which can slip down your foot; flip-flop-style shoes which can bend back on themselves; very wide shoes that can press two pedals at the same time; thick soled shoes which make it difficult to sense the amount of pedal pressure you are applying; and high heels which restrict foot movement and can get caught on the mat.

Too much vinegar on my chips again… shall leave you

best stick to looking I guess Computer skills need a BOOST

ROG:

limeyphil:

You sure about that only my source says different and my source has a nice set of blue lights on top of his car and does a lot of motorway work :wink:

I’ve had 3 policeman in the cab on 2 separate occasions…both being ADR checks which also involved all the usual truck and driver checks too…on both occasions they saw what i was wearing on my feet as i told em I dont wear dirty shoes in the cab…I was compliant and polite as always on both occasions and they obviously didn’t have a problem with it.
just wandered whether there was any STATED law or text that could possibly come under the “not in full control of the vehicle” for wearing clogs or clacks…or is it down to the over zealous vosa mans discretion…cause surely a law which isn’t actually stated with regard to footwear is open to abuse…basically they could make anything up to come under the “not in full control of the vehicle” law :unamused: :confused:

bikemonkey:

ROG:

limeyphil:

I’ve had 3 policeman in the cab on 2 separate occasions…both being ADR checks which also involved all the usual truck and driver checks too…on both occasions they saw what i was wearing on my feet as i told em I dont wear dirty shoes in the cab…I was compliant and polite as always on both occasions and they obviously didn’t have a problem with it.
just wandered whether there was any STATED law or text that could possibly come under the “not in full control of the vehicle” for wearing clogs or clacks…or is it down to the over zealous vosa mans discretion…cause surely a law which isn’t actually stated with regard to footwear is open to abuse…basically they could make anything up to come under the “not in full control of the vehicle” law :unamused: :confused:

Think they would have to show you wernt in control and vosa cant do that they do vehicle and tacho checks next your mate will be done for having the wrong type of underpants on or not due to the cold climite making his bum cheeks chaffing due to piles :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

bikemonkey:

ROG:

limeyphil:

you might want to re-phrase that :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ooooh, errrr missus :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

shuttlespanker:

bikemonkey:

ROG:

limeyphil:

you might want to re-phrase that :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

■■■■■■ will be on next asking where so he can go there :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Sorry ■■■■■■ just havin some fun mate :wink:

shuttlespanker:

bikemonkey:

ROG:

limeyphil:

I was waiting for that one :wink: …well spotted sherlock…you win 1st prize and a day trip to Mansfield and a carry on comedy award. :laughing: :laughing:

bikemonkey:

No specific text or written law as to EXACT compliance - would take pages and pages of legislation :exclamation: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

It is down to the police officer to determine ‘what is safe’ in the first instance and then a judge to define it.

Bout time they start looking at all the women driving in high heels then aint it!!

I look at women in high heels all the time, :blush:
is it now illegal:shock:

Do I have to take them off when looking
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Why reg:
I look at women in high heels all the time, :blush:
is it now illegal:shock:

certainly hope not Why reg or i will be in bother sooner rather than later.

mucksavaga:
Take it you don’t do much multi-drop or grab work ■■?

no I dont…but im always in and out of the cab on the docks or wherever…even if i did do multidrop or grab work I still wouldn’t wear dirty shoes in my cab :wink:
I admit its a bit of a ■■■■ about kicking my shoes off everytime,but it keeps my cab nice and clean and soft and fluffy inside :smiley: