£500 per week take home

From today the government say that if on benefits you need £500 per week which includes rent, so any driver not taking that amount home maybe time to get the sack and start claiming.

The government say you need £500 per week :confused:

Do you have a link to this story, or are you confusing it with the fact that benefit has been capped at £500 for a couple or single parent.

Same thing really if you need £500 when on benefits why not when working.

Thought it was £350?

£500 or £350 either way were being shafted for working. Why not cap our tax contribution instead off bending me over if I do 20 hours extra a month ■■■■■■■ ■■■■■■■■

No, it’s £350 takehome if you work and gross £500. If you get it for doing bugger all, it’s apparently taxable, but I don’t see anyone getting any deductions from £26,000 a year on benefits.
I’m damned if I can work out how come some ignorant chav gets laid on with all this cash when the rest of us get told when out of work for a few weeks “Sorry bud, you don’t qualify, because you’ve not been without a job for 2 years” - WTF?

Government policy still seems to be “Lay on everything for those not actually looking for a job, and take it all away if some bod DARES to take a shift off the agency this week, or any other week come to that.”

It’s not a system that can be worked by anyone with any kind of work ethic as far as I can see. You need to be a single mum with 6+ kids by 7+ fathers who of course cannot be traced for CSA type payments, but probably live there most of the time for shag & outings purposes - the feckless father brigade. You see, if two people officially live together, especially if shock horror they are married, they get a whole lot less. Best remain a woman pretending to be single, and claim everything.

They’ve got 3 months to pay the landlord by other means now, before they get evicted.

I await the inevitable

“I was abused by my landlord who shagged me in lieu of unpaid rent” headlines on the redtops. :unamused:

350 for single person…500 for couples

It’s the housing benefit that makes up most of benefits like this.

If the basic is just JSA, then there’s Council Tax Benefit, then housing benefit, child benefit, and carers benefit.

Now fast forward to a so-called single mum, with 6 kids one of them disabled, and as long as she can keep the act up that no bloke ever stays over, she can claim the lot.

A single bloke on his own just gets the JSA as far as I know, which wouldn’t feed a fly. It’s children that can’t be made homeless, rather than people in bedsits that can’t afford their rent anymore for whatever reason.

I not heard of any single blokes getting £350 per week, so I wonder how that works? As far as I know blokes on their own don’t get housing benefit. :confused:

Personally, I’d like to see the jobcentre plus push new boyfriends on women pretending to be single, just to get them to stop claiming under false pretences. :grimacing:
If JC+ can push McCrappit jobs onto unsuspecting JSA claimants looking for work, why not have a bit of social engineering for the female of the species as well? :wink:

This is half the problem winseer, my other halfs friend is a single mum she hasn’t got a partner and he certainly doesn’t live with her she has a 3 bed council house claims for everything going I have a 42inch flat screen she has a 47inch I stopped going round 3 years ago when I almost told her what I thought off her after laughing about how much she gets. Oh and I lied about the first bit she’s expecting her second child by the same bloke who fathered the first and by the same bloke that’s sleeping next to her now makes my ■■■■■ blood boil!. (Mini rant over apologies just needed to get that out :slight_smile:.)

Karl86:
This is half the problem winseer, my other halfs friend is a single mum she hasn’t got a partner and he certainly doesn’t live with her she has a 3 bed council house claims for everything going I have a 42inch flat screen she has a 47inch I stopped going round 3 years ago when I almost told her what I thought off her after laughing about how much she gets. Oh and I lied about the first bit she’s expecting her second child by the same bloke who fathered the first and by the same bloke that’s sleeping next to her now makes my (zb) blood boil!. (Mini rant over apologies just needed to get that out :slight_smile:.)

I know how you feel… I refuse to see one of my girlfriends’ mates because shes pretty much word for word like the person you talk about.

My mrs don’t even like it but they been friends since school she doesn’t see her alot though. She wanted the four off us to go on holiday a few years ago when I first met my mrs I said no because I couldn’t get the time off(I could but I wasn’t spending a week with her) she said I worked to much and needed a life I replied I had to work all the hours so she could go on a free holiday that went down like a ■■■■ In a lift and I’ve never been invited back since not like I’d go round anyway lol.

Karl86:
My mrs don’t even like it but they been friends since school she doesn’t see her alot though. She wanted the four off us to go on holiday a few years ago when I first met my mrs I said no because I couldn’t get the time off(I could but I wasn’t spending a week with her) she said I worked to much and needed a life I replied I had to work all the hours so she could go on a free holiday that went down like a [zb] In a lift and I’ve never been invited back since not like I’d go round anyway lol.

Fair play to you!! The problem is these people who dont work and claim for everything they can tend to mix with their own kind and they all think its totally acceptable not to work.

This is true, I’m not saying I’m better then anyone else but I’d never end up on Jeremy Kyle same cant be said for her lot lol.

Winseer:
I not heard of any single blokes getting £350 per week, so I wonder how that works? As far as I know blokes on their own don’t get housing benefit. :confused:

Yes you can get housing benefit I did after I passed my class 2 as I couldn’t get a job as had no 2 years experience. This was 3 years back.

Worked out at the time I was getting £715 per month that’s all my rent paid council tax and Jsa. Which sounds alot but when you actually only have £260 cash to last a month and you have to eat for 1 month and pay all the other bills water gas electricity etc out of that, you will find you don’t have much

If the basic is just JSA, then there’s Council Tax Benefit, then housing benefit

JSA single person over 24yrs = £71.40 per week
Housing Benefit amount varies , but all new claims from last year are now LHA where the maxium paid is based on property values in the local area, this varies each month, but is granted for 12mths at a time at what ever the set rate is at the time the claim started,
Council tax benefit = from April 2013 it’s been scrapped by all but a few councils, all those on benefits have to pay around 20% toward their council tax

So a single adult living in a rented property, is no way better off not working , But at the same time they are not going to want to work for the same as they get on benefits,a reasonable financial incentive has to be there, And in an in-direct way the government is in part to blame, infact the thatcher government created Britain’s on the sick culture to distort the real number of unemployed at the time,
This government are distorting the figures too, but counting those in temporary and part time work as being in full time employment,
And if they get their way with the proposed web blocking plans, they will be able to hide things from voters come election time, like censoring some news paper web sites, the bias Daily Fail will be in it’s element and print even more BS if that’s at all possible

On another note,Do all those who obviously have bought what the nasty little idiot drugged up smith or is it ( IBS ) has been spouting,Echoed by the Daily Fail regarding everyone one benefits as scroungers ect, Do they /you seriously believe that if all benefits where scrapped tomorrow that your tax bill would be reduced ? If you do then you couldn’t be more wrong, because things such as the state pension, pension credit, cold winter fuel payments that are not means tested and are paid to all those who are claiming state pensions even peter stringfellow got sent winter fuel payments , those are the benefits that are costing the majority of tax payers money, i bet that working tax credits would be the next biggest cost, Just a few points that the knobs in government don’t talk about , they would sooner incite hatred against the poor, Divide & conquer springs to my mind here, beneath all the government propaganda

Yeah I know a few women who are friends of the ex-mrs. Single mums, 2 or 3 kids claiming for everything and better off for it too, it’s a lifestyle choice they’re choosing.
It seems the workers are the ones who get screwed all the time by the greedy rich and the crap governments.

You occasionally hear about some mate of a mate who’s started dating a “single mum”, and about a week in (often before he got to shag her) it turns out they part on bad terms, because she’s actually in a relationship with some other bloke who never really left, because he didn’t move in to start with!
All in the name of “keeping up the pretence”.

Thus, you’ve got the DWP abusing out-of-work guys who are genuinely seeking work - by paying them too little, or putting too many strings on their claim
whilst among the working guy population on the lonely hearts list, THEY are getting abused by women “pretending to be looking for a fella” when they’re just after an extra source of household income. It’s not even a roundabout form of prostitution, since the “dating” guy doesn’t actually get laid - It’s like

“Hey thanks for that trip out you took us on last week. Hmm I know we were supposed to have that dirty first weekend in this weekend, but …ooh the kids won’t let me (my real BF is home, spending some of the money with me you left hahaha!)”

Makes my blood boil women like that - at least with a proper streetwalker you’ll get what you paid for, but not with one of these chavvy single moms with more tattoos than popeye, and of course the latest Iphone and designer gear - paid for by a combination of benefits and some strung-along non-boyfriend! :imp: :imp:

Some say I’m a mysoginist, but I ain’t being paranoid about this - it’s happening all around in this neck of the woods!
I’ve tried shopping them, but the damned fool officials contact the single mum to be investigated, and tell her in advance when they’re coming around! FFS!! :open_mouth: :imp:

Perhaps the faux (victim) boyfriend on finding out the same info himself, might get his oar in, and take advantage:-
“Hey… I thought I might stay over this weekend. How do you like your eggs? DWP guy is coming first thing monday morning, so I’d better be there I guess… I’m not bloody commuting over to meet you for breakfast, so that’s that as they say… Hehe.”

(He’d have to be there to represent the person in the household working the 24 hours a week for the tax credits she’s getting - cos she sure as hell ain’t holding down any part time job herself - right?)

:imp: :imp: :imp: :angry:

The Govt has a good SPIN on this to convince voters that those on benefits are getting more than those working but the truth is that it is private landlords who are getting most of the money - stating that would not get more votes !!

Build enough social rentable housing and the problem is solved especially single residences so those caught by the bedroom tax have somewhere to downsize to

I watched a very clever and sensible young man on the BBC 24 hour news channel spell out the real situation yesterday in a 5 minute interview = very informative and true

Berate the private landlords and not the people who are claiming housing benefits to pay them for a roof over their heads or the Govt for not building enough social residences I say

If there were more jobs than people available to do them then I would have no sympathy for anyone out of work - solution is either to make more jobs (not going to happen) or reduce the number of people (close the gates) which they choose not to do

More jobs than people = higher wages, more tax paid in and less benefits paid out

Surely, now this benefit cap has been implemented, we should start seeing a quick run-up of DSS arrears, and mass evictions - assuming of course that landlords can be relied upon to not even consider cutting rents to a level that people can afford…

I believe in proper capitalism, not all this bullcrap that acts as safety net for those at the very top and bottom, but craps all over those ordinary working folk in the middle. House prices would be moving like the Gold price has - if it were not for housing benefits (to date) propping up the rental market. Perhaps the cap can bring about an end to this, so I’ll watch with interest for the next few months to see who’s coming a cropper, hoping we can shun a few of the excess single mother population out of Chatham in particular. :smiling_imp:

…and make way for the army of workers that would be required around the Foster Island project. Oh I dream of it! :grimacing:

markoc:
Yeah I know a few women who are friends of the ex-mrs. Single mums, 2 or 3 kids claiming for everything and better off for it too, it’s a lifestyle choice they’re choosing.
It seems the workers are the ones who get screwed all the time by the greedy rich and the crap governments.

That’s what a lot of girls do, You forgot to mention the afternoon lambrusco parties that they like to have.to ■■■■ off their neighbours My concern is this are the kids getting a poor diet so mother can get waisted with her mates