£5.73 an Hour Fridges! Is it April already!

Need I say more??

Is this based in Kracow??

LMAO, Gumbo you gonna start a mass exodus to Poland!!!

Bet he’s got a waiting list - NOT :laughing: I Also bet he either runs crappy old plastic pigs or Kaxors. :laughing: :unamused:

is that a wind up in driver vacancies section £5.73 ph ot at flat rate :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

to someone who doesnt work at all. minimum wage is better than sat on your arse all day doing nowt, watching jeremy kyle.

atm in the current economic climate, a job is a job. dont knock it if you got one yourself. as theres plenty of us with no work at all atm.

Something is beter then nothing

im not knocking the people that would work for that mate,im knockin the person that wants you to work for that.they are obviosly takin the ■■■■ in this current economic climate knowing that people have got bills to pay and like you said a job is better than no job.personally i think its a wind up

Bet its already filled!

Not slating either but £5.73!!!

if thats London then we are all doomed!!!

to be fair if i had my class 1 I’d do it, i’m/we’re getting by on minimum wage that i’m bringing in at the minute, and I have little experience on the driving front, so if it meant struggling along still on next to nothing i’m sure we could survive a bit longer. And yes it might seem a bit harsh that its paying that amount, but at the end of the day if they are working to lower margins, which at this point in time they will be, in my book its good on them for offering up a vacancy rather than getting rid of people that they can’t afford or just not recruiting, which is the mode everyone has gone in to!

BigJon:
to someone who doesnt work at all. minimum wage is better than sat on your arse all day doing nowt, watching jeremy kyle.

atm in the current economic climate, a job is a job. dont knock it if you got one yourself. as theres plenty of us with no work at all atm.

well anything is better than nowt, but prices and wages are goin backwards, debts are goin forwards, ye cant pay 2008 debts on 1990s wages,

Got an email the other day from a past acquitance of me dads. the drivers back in 1974 were takin home over £150, aint gone up much really in over 30 yrs has it ?

If I were to win £10 mil tonite, id set ye up fella, heart goes out to ye and everybody else who is strugglin.

Switch off if ye can an try enjoy ye Xmas, hopefully sumthin will turn up.

routier, i can t understand why u post on here when u sit on IRISH RIGS forum slagging the brits off (personal attack) and take ellies dad the(personal attack)with u

edited for 2 personal attacks mm

Joshh not having a go mate but something is better than nothing is not always true, the individual advertising this job is trying to be funny in that case ha, ha,ha, or he is being serious, if he is he is taking the ■■■■ big time.

When I started doing this job in1989 I worked for Archbold Distribution driving a 17 ton Ford Iveco on the Magnet joinery contract and my wage with a Sunday runout was £315 a week.

He is playing on the fear of younger men with kids/mortgage that they would be better of with this than nothing, or kids like you desperate to get that first start, he will turn up in his new bmw or four wheel drive, and watch you climb into a ten year old shed with minimum maintenance, do 5 nights out while hes down the pub with his mates, hell tell them about you over his large whisky, AND LAUGH HIS OFF.

I have seen and heard them.

( language edit ) jd

BigJon:

There are hundreds of cleaning jobs at the jobcentre,
and they offer £6.50 PLUS,

Any reason why you wont take one ?

Instead of playing the martyr here, phone 10 cleaning
companies and you,ll be working next week.

i,m sick of hearing people moaning saying i,ve phoned all the transport companies etc…
If theres no work in this sector, change sector till opportunities improve,
or are all driver full of hot air, :unamused:

I have class 1 , but currently drive sprinter van and if driving fails,
i,ll hoover carpets at night for £6.75p/h

im not, repeat not, trying to stir it up, but im sick of people posting on here then giving it big licks about the brits, and what they r and this and that on IRISH RIGS forum, 99.9 per cent of the blokes and girls on there are great, but hey ,have a look at this and make up your own minds, UPSETING THE OTHER SIDE, its on irish rigs forum and its free to join

too late folks, theyv,e locked it out

ganges boy:
im not, repeat not, trying to stir it up, but im sick of people posting on here then giving it big licks about the brits, and what they r and this and that on IRISH RIGS forum, 99.9 per cent of the blokes and girls on there are great, but hey ,have a look at this and make up your own minds, UPSETING THE OTHER SIDE, its on irish rigs forum and its free to join

If you dont like it,dont read it.

Or are you one of these people
who watches rubbish on the tv,
then moans about it all day

Instead of just turning the thing off ?

Does it really take a post on here to realise that you can earn £6.50 an hour to hoover an office, or 9quid at tescos cleaning toilets. well go on then take the job, then you have the rest of the week to spend your 18 quid.

However 60 hours at 5.73 will give you about 340. not good but certainly better than Jeremy Kyle and the Dole

Its a sad day never thought I would ever see this.

I wouldnt work for that don’t care what anyone says, if you do you are a fool.

You maybe get 60 hours outta it or maybe on 8 hour shifts get 40 hours a week.

Yeah i wouldnt want to sit on my backside on the dole but would get a job doing something else for same or better money and prob still get 40 hours a week outta it.

The main reason is if you accept such a low rate of pay you are supporting it, and it can become the norm. The credit crunch will ease but it wont be an overnight thing, places getting slowly busier and busier could years, so be lots of people looking for work for the next few years. One company getting away with it others get the same idea, no shortage now so everyone starts paying crap wages wrecks the job. Want to be sitting in 2010 getting paid under £6 an hour for a class 1 driving job no thanks.