A 14 average speed cameras

Too Fat To Fly:
You are if your paid mileage, its just irritating as the t*** you spent for ever overtaking because they couldnt ease of for a second to let you past, will come back past you on that stretch and you end up playing “rolling road block” again by the time your at Newmarket :angry:

Let me get this straight. You want someone else to slow down so you can get past because you don’t want to slow down a bit and drive behind. So you hold up everyone in lane two and blame the truck in front? How does that work ?

tonyb:
Dos’nt this attitude fortify the fact,that drivers that get paid by the,load,mileage,tonnage,per drop etc etc
Are forcing the drivers to run illeagally.
If everyone was paid a decent rate they would’nt need to tear around the place.

Tony b

i thought it was illegal for drivers to be paid in this way,
why speed if you get paid by the hour.

Reef that camera got me but it was my own fault, sat nav warned me and i saw the lines on the road before it and then i saw it flash me you can imagine what i thought, i was just plodding along doing 45, very wide and long road, and when it is safe i use to do 45 just to help everyone else along but not now

A5 Redgate well known accident blackspot
everyone know the speed limit on single carriaeway is 40

Don’t see what anyone using it during the daytime is worried about.

Our depot is right next to the A14 and I use it every day.

I never get up to 40 letalone 50. :unamused:

Dafman:
Reef that camera got me but it was my own fault, sat nav warned me and i saw the lines on the road before it and then i saw it flash me you can imagine what i thought, i was just plodding along doing 45, very wide and long road, and when it is safe i use to do 45 just to help everyone else along but not now

It was what finally made my mind up to get a satnav but i still managed to get done a second time silly me bought a navman with no speed cams on it and no way to add poi’s either so the second time was the decider for a) never to speed again and b) buy a TomTom and keep all cams upto date…

Too Fat To Fly:
You are if your paid mileage, its just irritating as the t*** you spent for ever overtaking because they couldnt ease of for a second to let you past

And it’s directly because of first class numptyism like this that we have these cameras and the no overtaking on the A14 and A1 :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I can’t believe I managed to get that out in such a polite manner…
what a 1st class [zb]

Everybody knows its 50 mph on single carriageways.so whats the point of this post. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
I did’nt think anybody drove over the speed limit on trucknet heaven forbid

may all you careless thoughtless speedmongerers burn in hell,your a disgrace to the transport industry :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Everybody knows its 50 mph on single carriageways.so whats the point of this post.

That’s exactly what I said right at the top of the post, I thought maybe it was typed in invisible ink :laughing: :laughing:

bikemonkey:
Everybody knows its 50 mph on single carriageways.so whats the point of this post.

Please tell me this is a wind up :open_mouth:

bikemonkey:
I did’nt think anybody drove over the speed limit on trucknet heaven forbid

Some of us dont as explained by numerous ppl in numerous posts on numerous threads…Why do so many others have a problem with this??

bikemonkey:
may all you careless thoughtless speedmongerers burn in hell,your a disgrace to the transport industry

Agreed :neutral_face:

Reef:

bikemonkey:

Please tell me this is a wind up :open_mouth:

It is
I meant to put DUAL carriageway instead of single :blush: :laughing:

I really am a ■■■■■■■ idiot :unamused:

Mike-C:

Too Fat To Fly:
You are if your paid mileage, its just irritating as the t*** you spent for ever overtaking because they couldnt ease of for a second to let you past, will come back past you on that stretch and you end up playing “rolling road block” again by the time your at Newmarket :angry:

Let me get this straight. You want someone else to slow down so you can get past because you don’t want to slow down a bit and drive behind. So you hold up everyone in lane two and blame the truck in front? How does that work ?

So you obviously never back down when some body is overtaking■■? :unamused:

The truck over taking you is faster, so what exactly are you gaining by holding them out there :question:

So, am I correct in assuming that when you are overtaken, you hold them out there then get in the outside lane at the next Roundabout :angry:

So, I guess you support an overall ban on HGV overtaking anywhere :question: :unamused:

montana man:

Too Fat To Fly:
You are if your paid mileage, its just irritating as the t*** you spent for ever overtaking because they couldnt ease of for a second to let you past

And it’s directly because of first class numptyism like this that we have these cameras and the no overtaking on the A14 and A1 :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Sorry, what has HGV overtaking and speed cameras got in common exactly :question:

Too Fat To Fly:

montana man:

Too Fat To Fly:

Sorry, what has HGV overtaking and speed cameras got in common exactly :question:

Errmm Well both are yet more regulation and restriction brought upon us (professional) drivers by poorly disciplined, selfish, narrow minded unproffessional halfwits :unamused:

And if some (see above) “driver” does the I am gonna slipstream your rig for 6 miles 3 feet of your ■■■ and then pull the 8 junction overtaking manouvere, usually followed by the cut in 6 inches from your cab finale on me then I will not back down and why should I. To compensate for his/her lack of sense ■■ I don’t think so somehow. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

montana man:

Too Fat To Fly:

montana man:

Too Fat To Fly:

Errmm Well both are yet more regulation and restriction brought upon us (professional) drivers by poorly disciplined, selfish, narrow minded unproffessional halfwits :unamused:

And if some (see above) “driver” does the I am gonna slipstream your rig for 6 miles 3 feet of your ■■■ and then pull the 8 junction overtaking manouvere, usually followed by the cut in 6 inches from your cab finale on me then I will not back down and why should I. To compensate for his/her lack of sense ■■ I don’t think so somehow. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

So, do you not ever overtake anything, because it aint like your saying in the real world now is it :question: And how do you know they are going to cut in 6 inches from your cab when there trying to pass you :sunglasses:

Too Fat To Fly:
So, do you not ever overtake anything, because it aint like your saying in the real world now is it :question: And how do you know they are going to cut in 6 inches from your cab when there trying to pass you :sunglasses:

I overtake a plenty mate thanks.WHEN I have an appreciable difference in speed so it can be done quickly and safely and if for some reason during the manouver I see that I am going to ■■■■ up the guy I am passing i.e. suddenly coming on a slowmover I will roll out of the throttle and give the man his pass :smiley:

As for your 2nd question it is usually a fair guess based on the previous 2 circumstances i.e. tailgating and me being the " irritating t*** they have taken ages to over take" (was I think your description) :unamused: :laughing: :wink:

montana man:

Too Fat To Fly:

I overtake a plenty mate thanks.WHEN I have an appreciable difference in speed so it can be done quickly and safely and if for some reason during the manouver I see that I am going to [zb] up the guy I am passing i.e. suddenly coming on a slowmover I will roll out of the throttle and give the man his pass :smiley:

As for your 2nd question it is usually a fair guess based on the previous 2 circumstances i.e. tailgating and me being the " irritating t*** they have taken ages to over take" (was I think your description) :unamused: :laughing: :wink:

:laughing: I wasnt targeting you individually fella. Maybe its just a container heading for Felixstowe thing :blush:

I am wrong in the fact that I do “back down” to people if they have caught me up slowly and are just starting to overtake and are clearly going to struggle.

I get a funny feeling you may drive for a firm that also has a depot at Fakenham as well as Northwich :question:

Too Fat To Fly:
I get a funny feeling you may drive for a firm that also has a depot at Fakenham as well as Northwich :question:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: You may question my driving or indeed my parentage, but that sir is fighting talk :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Funnily enough though I am up n down the A14 quite a bit in a yellow artic but obviously not “one of the best” :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

wouldnt be a stralis per chance ian??

Reef:

< chokes on coffee > nah mate it’s a real lorry not a tempremental female pile of premenstral electronics made out of recycled frying pans and old unwanted ■■■ toys :wink:

montana man:

Reef:

< chokes on coffee > nah mate it’s a real lorry not a tempremental female pile of premenstral electronics made out of recycled frying pans and old unwanted ■■■ toys :wink:

thought that’d get a rise outta you ian … :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink: