A 14 average speed cameras

WENT ALONG THERE THIS MORN COVERS ARE OFF AM TOLD THEY WENT LIVE MONDAY MORN 50 MPH ANY ONE CONFIRM (BETWEEN BRAMPTON HUT & CAMBRIDGE)

Can’t see a problem with these ones, 50 on a dual, in a truck , well you should never get done then :wink:

i traveled towards cambridge this morning and came back at tea time ,
i was in a volvo fh13 , and i sel the cc at 50mph coming north i was over taken by 40 hgvs some were doing at least 60mph , silly boys . just got a comment ,

there will be loads of jobs coming soon as all the container driver will be getting banned for speeding . yipppie

i drive through the ones near me at 71 kph [ looks about 45 mph]] and have done for a good 2 yrs and there on a 40 m.p.h limit , ive got no points .
i know of some again near me that i do and have dont for 2 yrs on the limiter, there on a 50 so im not so sure theyll get a ticket , but its always a risk.

It’s average , running at 56mph will return a lesser average than 50 mph , sounds silly but that’s how speed averages work , try it with a truck that can calculate average speed over certain distance .They will only catch offenders really towing it .I’ll bet the trigger is set about the 60 mph mark anyway .

Paul is correct, even I was sceptical but try it for yourselfhttp://www.machinehead-software.co.uk/bike/speed_distance_time_calc.html

holliefabbabe:
i traveled towards cambridge this morning and came back at tea time ,
i was in a volvo fh13 , and i sel the cc at 50mph coming north i was over taken by 40 hgvs some were doing at least 60mph , silly boys . just got a comment ,

there will be loads of jobs coming soon as all the container driver will be getting banned for speeding . yipppie

I assume you stick to 50 after you get out of the variable speed limit, :question: :unamused:

I was wondering what they were set at, as they are going to be a lot of drivers off the road, myself included if it is :angry:

ady1:
i drive through the ones near me at 71 kph [ looks about 45 mph]] and have done for a good 2 yrs and there on a 40 m.p.h limit , ive got no points .
i know of some again near me that i do and have dont for 2 yrs on the limiter, there on a 50 so im not so sure theyll get a ticket , but its always a risk.

Sat nav says my old truck did 53mph on the limiter and i got done for doing 50mph through a fixed camera (gatso) on the A5 going from tamworth to rugby (somewhere round by atherstone) 3 points and a fixed penalty thank you very much :imp:

And then i got another 3 points and fixed penalty (50mph again) a couple of months later by a mobile unit somewhere nr hereford dont know where exactly as i didnt see the little [zb] :imp: :imp:

now its religiously
40 on single A
50 dual (yes even the A42 after it being the M42)
on the limiter (and never over 60 downhill freighted) on the m/way

• also whatever mandatory speed limit set at roadworks
    and m42 and m25 variables

Don’t talk to me about those ■■■■■■■■ M42 variable limits . One is at 40 mph , one is at 30 mph one is at 10 mph , all the same gantry :unamused: .
I very much doubt those cameras have been in active in the past , i’m dubious now as i have noticed some extra sensors have been put up to the top left of each camera (as you approach them) .
Grips my ■■■■ those cameras , Road works in 3 miles so you are down to 40mph already , what a joke .
Mind at least they don’t put traffic lights up and make you que in an equally pathetic convoy when they are working on it :laughing: :laughing:

shade:
Paul is correct, even I was sceptical but try it for yourselfhttp://www.machinehead-software.co.uk/bike/speed_distance_time_calc.html

Good link!!

Now being utilised by the stats guys at my cycling club!! :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Reef:

ady1:

Sat nav says my old truck did 53mph on the limiter and i got done for doing 50mph through a fixed camera (gatso) on the A5 going from tamworth to rugby (somewhere round by atherstone) 3 points and a fixed penalty thank you very much :imp:

And then i got another 3 points and fixed penalty (50mph again) a couple of months later by a mobile unit somewhere nr hereford dont know where exactly as i didnt see the little [zb] :imp: :imp:

now its religiously
40 on single A

Is that not single track round the Atherstone area, I think I remember a mate getting nicked round there for speeding on the single track.

I know the camera on the w/b A428 near Cambridge is HGV sensitive :unamused: :angry:

Too Fat To Fly:

Reef:

ady1:

now its religiously
40 on single A

Is that not single track round the Atherstone area, I think I remember a mate getting nicked round there for speeding on the single track.

I know the camera on the w/b A428 near Cambridge is HGV sensitive :unamused: :angry:

Yep it is single track except for 1 little tiny bit of dual (might be because of a junction)

Be warned folks there are a lot more hgv aware cameras now and they are not newly sited ones they are existing ones (modified ) and the scamera vans now take notice where as they never used to

Lets face it the screw up my licence partnership have just realised an extra revenue is out there and they intend to exploit this money earning potential fully
which is fine by me earn loads of money off us truckers (lets face it everyone else is trying to) but why the [zb] cant they leave our licences alone or even if it was just one point for each offence it wouldnt be as much of a kick in the balls

There’s a notice in Birch Coppice about the amount of Roadway driver’s getting done on that camera at Atherstone.
Used to be a notice at Dairy Crest at Nuneaton about that camera as well and i’m going back 2yrs,i don’t trust any camera on single carriageway road’s.
Funny i thought this camera was as well known as the bleeder’s on the A556 in Cheshire,as you can tell i was one of those that got caught on them!

Returning to the A14 for a moment, you will have your answer in the next two weeks because I got bored of watching people come steaming past after the first half of that stretch - I’m not used to it - so I gave up and put my foot down… :blush: :blush: :blush:

You’re not the only one Lucy,i’ve done the same,so i’ll have to wait and see too

I still don’t understand why truck drivers are moaning about these cameras :question: If you drive within the legal boundries for each piece of road you won’t get a ticket :bulb: :bulb:
I have learnt to drive this way and believe me it’s much less stressfull than tear-arsing about.Sit back and enjoy the ride folks, were not paid to break the law so why do it!

shade:
I still don’t understand why truck drivers are moaning about these cameras :question: If you drive within the legal boundries for each piece of road you won’t get a ticket :bulb: :bulb:
I have learnt to drive this way and believe me it’s much less stressfull than tear-arsing about.Sit back and enjoy the ride folks, were not paid to break the law so why do it!

You are if your paid mileage, its just irritating as the t*** you spent for ever overtaking because they couldnt ease of for a second to let you past, will come back past you on that stretch and you end up playing “rolling road block” again by the time your at Newmarket :angry:

I hear that Cambridgeshire County Council want to ban trucks from the outside lane from Spittals to the 3 lane section just before Newmarket.
Then we will be doing 50mph as we will all be behind the slowest truck!

Too Fat To Fly:

shade:

You are if your paid mileage, its just irritating as the t*** you spent for ever overtaking because they couldnt ease of for a second to let you past, will come back past you on that stretch and you end up playing “rolling road block” again by the time your at Newmarket :angry:

Dos’nt this attitude fortify the fact,that drivers that get paid by the,load,mileage,tonnage,per drop etc etc
Are forcing the drivers to run illeagally.
If everyone was paid a decent rate they would’nt need to tear around the place.

Tony b

No Tony, it’s just yet another manifestation of greed. :wink: