£120 OTS fine today

You by pass both Haltwhistle & Haydon Bridge now

That road up to Hartside nice on a bike but not much fun in winter

shuttlespanker:
the latest truckers atlas has bridge heights, weight limits and cafe’s shown on the maps

and just because they do not say where the weight limit ends is no argument for being in them

So we’re meant to be (zb)king psychic then?

Muckaway:

shuttlespanker:
the latest truckers atlas has bridge heights, weight limits and cafe’s shown on the maps

and just because they do not say where the weight limit ends is no argument for being in them

Nope just a good crystal ball with you :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Muckaway:

shuttlespanker:

no, but ‘most’ drivers would use a bit of common sense :unamused:

weight limits are usually around small areas, such as villages, obviously, the weight limit is not going to still be in force 10 miles out of the village is it? :unamused:

or does it hurt that much to think things through logically? :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

shuttlespanker:

Muckaway:

shuttlespanker:

weight limits are usually around small areas, such as villages, obviously, the weight limit is not going to still be in force 10 miles out of the village is it? :unamused:

or does it hurt that much to think things through logically? :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Sont get paid to think :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

will get me coat

If you’re paid by the hour why risk it :unamused:

C10HOO:
Boss is looking in to it

He might want to look at why your load was planned like this :wink:

shuttlespanker:

Muckaway:

shuttlespanker:

The ones that sometimes catch me out are when you are coming into a town to to deliver in the centre of it, see a weight limit sign with except for access/loading and have to wonder to yourself if it is a blanket weight limit on the whole town or just that stretch of road. A couple of times I’ve wasted ages diverting around them to discover that my destination lies within the limit, and others I’ve assumed the former only to find one of those weight limit ends signs and the drop point half a mile beyond it.

shuttlespanker:

JFC999:
Ever trie going under the bridge with suspension right down? if its marked at 14 ft theres a chance its actually a couple of inches higher. Doesnt pay the fine I know but its an idea for another time, PS take a mate to watch you through.

good idea in principle, but in reality, can land you with an even bigger fine and points on licence

you would be deliberately driving a vehicle under a bridge that is signed lower than the height of your vehicle

I can change the height marker in my cab quite easily. Useful for Edenbridge :imp:

starfighter:

shuttlespanker:

Muckaway:

shuttlespanker:

The ones that sometimes catch me out are when you are coming into a town to to deliver in the centre of it, see a weight limit sign with except for access/loading and have to wonder to yourself if it is a blanket weight limit on the whole town or just that stretch of road. A couple of times I’ve wasted ages diverting around them to discover that my destination lies within the limit, and others I’ve assumed the former only to find one of those weight limit ends signs and the drop point half a mile beyond it.

I’ve never been stopped for going through a weight limit but I’ve also had a delivery to the house just beyond the weight limit. Those where the limit ends then there’s a stretch of about 100 yards and then another one starts, they ■■■■ me off. Surely any addresses within the “no mans’ land” you can’t deliver to?

206doorman:

shuttlespanker:

JFC999:
Ever trie going under the bridge with suspension right down? if its marked at 14 ft theres a chance its actually a couple of inches higher. Doesnt pay the fine I know but its an idea for another time, PS take a mate to watch you through.

good idea in principle, but in reality, can land you with an even bigger fine and points on licence

you would be deliberately driving a vehicle under a bridge that is signed lower than the height of your vehicle

I can change the height marker in my cab quite easily. Useful for Edenbridge :imp:

but, can you change the one on the front of your trailer?

if the one shown on the trailer is say 14’ 9" and the one in the cab is 13’ 9", that is an offence in itself i believe

and if you change the height marker in your cab, does that suddenly make the trailer smaller? :unamused:

Muckaway:

starfighter:

shuttlespanker:

Muckaway:

shuttlespanker:

I’ve never been stopped for going through a weight limit but I’ve also had a delivery to the house just beyond the weight limit. Those where the limit ends then there’s a stretch of about 100 yards and then another one starts, they ■■■■ me off. Surely any addresses within the “no mans’ land” you can’t deliver to?

i have, and the police insisted on checking the manifest, just to make sure that i hada valid reason for being in there in the first place

i have also been checked over the London Lorry zone thing, for the night time driving, can’t remember the proper name for it, but there used to be stickers on the trucks saying “GLC Exempt”

i was asked why i was on a particular road by the TM, he had received a letter from the police stating that the truck i was driving was spotted on that road in the banned times, the reason for it was, i was delivering to a store on that particular road, and if the police had been bothered to look properly, they would have seen the back doors open adn me going in/out of the truck to the store :unamused:

so, if you have never been stopped for driving through a weight limit, think yourself lucky!!!

shuttlespanker:

206doorman:

shuttlespanker:

JFC999:

but, can you change the one on the front of your trailer?

if the one shown on the trailer is say 14’ 9" and the one in the cab is 13’ 9", that is an offence in itself i believe

and if you change the height marker in your cab, does that suddenly make the trailer smaller? :unamused:

Sorry, I should have said that I pilot a 26 tonner!

[fitted with a ‘push-this-button-to-squeeze-under-low-bridges’ switch :smiley: ]

Craig, as you know, I live local to this road, but I cant think where there are any weight limit signs on your route, apart from the sign at both ends of the stretch of road called “the pea” in Culgaith, which is a 15% hill and marked with a blue rectangular sign saying “unsuitable for heavy goods vehicles”… if he has nicked you for that bit of road he was wrong cos there is no weight restriction , UNLESS it is a recent one, I am tempted to go and have a ride round, I might just do that tomorrow… let me know your exact route if you can.

one of our agency drivers got pulled by coppers,got a £200 fine for a 41 min break,ive no idea why he had a 41 min break[its on the tacho straight in front of you],i asked him and he just shrugged his shoulders ,didnt seem to know,he looked like he was in shock,maybe from the fine :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: .
i thought it was £30/60 ,£200 seems steep to me,£50 a minute :unamused:

ady1:
one of our agency drivers got pulled by coppers,got a £200 fine for a 41 min break,ive no idea why he had a 41 min break[its on the tacho straight in front of you],i asked him and he just shrugged his shoulders ,didnt seem to know,he looked like he was in shock,maybe from the fine :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: .
i thought it was £30/60 ,£200 seems steep to me,£50 a minute :unamused:

Surely he got the fine for exceeding his driving time…it then makes a bit more sense.

makes you laugh doesn’t it, with all this economic driving ■■■■■■■■, we must use less fuel as the world is running out and the price of fuel rising on a dailly basis, we still have to go 80 miles further because some nimby council doesn’t want trucks to go through a village that is perfectly suitable for a truck.
over 80% of transported goods go by road, when are the idiots that run this country that road transport is not just neccesary, it is essential and needs promoting not villifying

Hi Craig, ive just driven along what i think is the route you took and couldnt see any weight restriction, the only thing anywhere near is the sign i mentioned in culgaith which is NOT a prohibition , only an advisory sign… UNSUITABLE FOR HEAVY GOODS VEHICLES… AS IN PIC attached… Therefore there would be no case to answer, has smokie bear got it wrong ■■?

unsuitable.jpg

Trukkertone:
Hi Craig, ive just driven along what i think is the route you took and couldnt see any weight restriction, the only thing anywhere near is the sign i mentioned in culgaith which is NOT a prohibition , only an advisory sign… UNSUITABLE FOR HEAVY GOODS VEHICLES… AS IN PIC attached… Therefore there would be no case to answer, has smokie bear got it wrong ■■?

Balls to it, gaffer paid up. Just means Im refusing point blank to do any jobs in the Melmerby/Alston/Gamblesby Area! :smiley:

I’ve had people complain to me about the unsuitable sign being a “lorry ban.” I tell them to read the highway code… :laughing:

The GLC was abolished in 1986 :laughing: