£1.00 MILE

all this talk about the goverment chargin us £1 a mlie or what ever it will be i put £20 in my motor a week it,s 10 mile round trip so were all on a low wage :unamused: it,s gonna cost me £10 a day is worth me going to work it,s all talk in my opoin but the goverment is a (■■■) so plz tell me what the point in all this rubbish the traffic is not that bad between 10am 3pm in most places everyone goes .seems like a goverment scam to me :smiling_imp: :imp: :smiling_imp: :imp: :smiling_imp: :imp: :smiling_imp: :cry: :cry:

Its all scare mongering so stop worrying and dont beleive all you hear :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

simon

belive im not worryin ex mechanic the black box they claim to be puttin in your car will not work :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hmmm, so are they going to charge me the same for the 500cc motorbike I commute on between the hours of 07-00 - 07-20 & 18-00 - 18-30? Arrange the following into a well known phrase or saying: properly thought through not :unamused:.

SimonRS2K:
Its all scare mongering so stop worrying and dont beleive all you hear :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

simon

I wouldn’t be so sure about that.

The equipment needed is going to be
fitted to over half a million vehicles in a couple of years time & they will serve as guinea pigs to iron out any glitches in the system.
Unfortunately these guinea pigs will still have to pay full road tax & pay fuel duty.

Guess who they are…

Yep us when the Lorry Road User Charge comes in
:unamused:

:smiley: I have sonwho lives in Germany (not in the Forces).
Mabye I could get a german registered motor!!

north surrey haulage:

SimonRS2K:

simon

I wouldn’t be so sure about that.

The equipment needed is going to be
fitted to over half a million vehicles in a couple of years time & they will serve as guinea pigs to iron out any glitches in the system.
Unfortunately these guinea pigs will still have to pay full road tax & pay fuel duty.

Guess who they are…

Yep us when the Lorry Road User Charge comes in
:unamused:

And the day this happens is the day i grow a fringe c’mon be serious how many legal vehicles are on the road now and how many vehicles are driving about uninsured taxed or mot’d and the law cant even monitor that :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

simon

Ah yes but everytime the government comes up with an idea to make our lives that much harder somehow it always makes it into legislation (although it’s usually about 4 years late :unamused: )

it’s being bandied round far too often for my liking… smoke, fire etc.

in my pre-trucking days it’d have cost me approx £11k a year to go to work, going by where I lived, mileage etc. As I only earned £15k it’d have been financialy non-viable. 1 more on the dole then.

I reckon the average family will be 2500 worse off from the rise in cost of goods, and commuting…

Anyone noticed how the Government left it until after the General Election to announce this stupid idea?

So they are going to charge people for travelling in rush hour? Don’t they realise that people go at a particular time because that is when there place of work is open.

Before you know it, people will be getting to work at 2am for a 9am start just so they can save a few quid. (A day that is)

I believe that something has to be done about congestion, the easiest way is to remove non essential traffic, people going shopping, taking kids to school, reps blocking roads up and holidaymakers. all add to unnecessary travel

Roads have to be cleared for essential users, that is us :stuck_out_tongue:

charges will be worked out on congestion, 2 pence a mile in Scotland Highlands and a quid around Manchester, Birmingham and London at peak hours

Don’t worry about these rumours.
If the government did bring in these charges, they would have a much larger fight on their hands than they did with the fuel protests.
I for one would have my motors blockading the likes of that fat [zb] John Prescotts house, (just 'cos I don’t like him!)

Just another money making rip off, and of course they waited until after the election, thats the way it always is and i bet they have plenty more “Secret agendas” to bring out.

As a said another rip off, Not that I’m backing it But if this payment has to come in then why not put Tolls on the roads like the Frogs, That way every motorist will have to pay to use the roads during certain times including Johnny Foreigner, It seems they want to generate the maximum amount of revenue and they obviously think this way will generate more than tolls, This as we all know is a greedy government.

What ever happened to the Brit Tax that this lot were going to bring in, another false vote for me promise i think.

Part of the plan is to cut the duty on fuel thats great but just one problem whats goin to happen as soon as they cut the duty■■?, the fuel companies will have a free for all and whack their prices up.

jammymutt:
Part of the plan is to cut the duty on fuel thats great but just one problem whats goin to happen as soon as they cut the duty■■?, the fuel companies will have a free for all and whack their prices up.

Exactly. Should this pay per mile scheme come into effect you can guarantee fuel prices won’t be cut and will continue to rise no matter what happens to the duty.

As an avid conspiracy theorist I think its all a devious plot to price the ordinary motorist, or what would once be termed the ‘working man’ off the road, because that is who it will hit most, not the high earners who can afford to drive on regardless, and as mrpj and Jammy said the Petro-chem giants wll only raise prices if duty is cut because the government are powerless to stop them. :unamused:

here comes massive inflation then and yes if they do it then your speeding will comer thourgh the same system oh joy

Although the post is about paying 1.34p per mile, another worry I keep seeing is that, you will get done for speeding. How? The car is fitted with a transponder, not the driver!

An NIP still relys on the company giving information about the driver, it works the same with a car, if you dont admit to driving the car they cant fine anyone.

Remember, that any court case has to have evidence,

bring it on, i can’t wait for it.
whichever government brings it in for all cars will be committing political suicide if they do it wrong.
the only way to force car drivers off the motorways is to charge them for the privelage, charge them higher when it’s at a peak time, discourage them from driving and use the revenue from it to improve public transport.

i’m all for it, i don’t mind paying to get to work and to drive around the country in the truck if it means i can keep the wheels turning.

johnny:
bring it on, i can’t wait for it.
whichever government brings it in for all cars will be committing political suicide if they do it wrong.
the only way to force car drivers off the motorways is to charge them for the privelage, charge them higher when it’s at a peak time, discourage them from driving and use the revenue from it to improve public transport.

i’m all for it, i don’t mind paying to get to work and to drive around the country in the truck if it means i can keep the wheels turning.

In a round about way Johnny, I agree with you.