9h.00min driving hours -normal or extented day

If you do exactly 9.00 hrs it is 9.00 hrs, if you do 9.01 hrs it`s a 10.

martyh:

Kerbdog:
Why would you need to have a break ? If your driving work finishes then you are on other work if you are filling out timesheets etc. You would only need a break if you have done 4hr 30m and plan to drive further.

The op is asking if 09.01 hrs becomes extended time ,the answer imo is no you can only have extended hrs if you take a 45 break after doing 9 hrs driving unless i’m missing something in the ops post

I have had this today in my 7 hours of CPC training. If he worked 9hrs and 1 minute then it is extended.

why the posts■■? 9 hr drive is 9hrs its not extended its 9 hrs. i dont even see the point of original question? you can drive 9 hrs and extend to 10 twice a week you done 9hrs end of :unamused: :unamused:
alot of silly questons on this forum i know ive not posted much since i joined but im amazed at some posts

Amazing after how many years of tacho laws and training and still you get a million different views on what is and isnt law. :smiley: :smiley:

Bobtailvw:
Amazing after how many years of tacho laws and training and still you get a million different views on what is and isnt law. :smiley: :smiley:

Yes, but some laws are very open to different interpretation, and even law enforcement get it wrong some times, so you will always get a million different views.

i had 2 break for 45 min…this situation can happened may be 1 time for 1 years,when drivers drive exactly 9 hours.for me no problem.this was Monday.very ,very some time i have 2 shift for more what 9 hours.i ask this question just for interes.becouse one time i had 4.30 exactly before break.put card in reader,press to infrigement,and show me who i was overdriving.may be it is depend from card reader software or or…

damion.p:
No you do not. The 4.5 is driving time! Not other work time. So if you’ve driven 10 mins, sat on a bay on otherwork for 4h10 that means 10 mins down road you have to take a break? Nope not at all. You drive 4.5 do other work for an 1.5. Decide you need to drive, put tacho on break and sit down having a brew for 45m and away you go

Yes you do.

The regulations quite clearly state that when you reach 4.5h of driving you must start a break unless you are starting a rest. You can not legally drive for 4.5h and then do any amount of other work without first taking a break.

Your example of drive 4.5h then work 1.5h is not legal. If you genuinely have driven 4.5h then you need a break first. Of course if you’ve only driven 4h29min then you can legally do the work before your break.

Paul

really second break requared ,when requared,not just if you drive more for 9 hours.some time second break requared when you get just about 8 driving hours.becouse if you taked break when you had 4.00 min driving hours,so next break must taked before you driving time reach 8h.30 min.if you first beak was after 3 driving hours ,next break must be before you reach 7h.30 min.all depend when you taked first break

mickyblue:

martyh:

Kerbdog:
Why would you need to have a break ? If your driving work finishes then you are on other work if you are filling out timesheets etc. You would only need a break if you have done 4hr 30m and plan to drive further.

The op is asking if 09.01 hrs becomes extended time ,the answer imo is no you can only have extended hrs if you take a 45 break after doing 9 hrs driving unless i’m missing something in the ops post

I have had this today in my 7 hours of CPC training. If he worked 9hrs and 1 minute then it is extended.

so what your saying Mickey is that 9hrs 1 min is more than 9hrs :question:
I never knew that :confused:

damion.p:

grumpybum:

damion.p:

green456:

Kerbdog:
You would only need a break if you have done 4hr 30m and plan to drive further.

No you wouldn’t, if you had done 4.30hrs drive then you cannot do anything except take a break or begin a daily rest, nothing else is allowed even doing paperwork, the regs state after 4.5 a break MUST be taken :confused:

Not really. The 4.5 is DRIVING time. So you could do 4.5 drive and then 1.5 other work before needing a wtd break, but if you want to do more driving then a 45 is needed

No, after 4.5hrs driving, you MUST take a break or start a daily or weekly rest period. Doing other work is not an option.

No you do not. The 4.5 is driving time! Not other work time. So if you’ve driven 10 mins, sat on a bay on otherwork for 4h10 that means 10 mins down road you have to take a break? Nope not at all. You drive 4.5 do other work for an 1.5. e you need to drive, put tacho on break and sit down having a brew for 45m and away you go

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
for some dcpc is a waste of time for others its a bloody necessity :smiley:

green456:

mickyblue:

martyh:

Kerbdog:

so what your saying Mickey is that 9hrs 1 min is more than 9hrs :question:
I never knew that :confused:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

eezeer:
why the posts■■? 9 hr drive is 9hrs its not extended its 9 hrs. i dont even see the point of original question? you can drive 9 hrs and extend to 10 twice a week you done 9hrs end of :unamused: :unamused:
alot of silly questons on this forum i know ive not posted much since i joined but im amazed at some posts

Exactly, otherwise the regulations would say you can only drive 8.59 which may be extended to 9h.59m.59.9seconds two times :laughing:

Wheel Nut:

eezeer:

Exactly, otherwise the regulations would say you can only drive 8.59 which may be extended to 9h.59m.59.9seconds 1.99 times:lol:

ftfy :wink:

I disagree with Rog, green456 and grumpybum on this one.

So what your saying is if I drive 4.5 hours to a delivery, I have to take a break before I even undo my curtains and do any other work.

But if I drive for 4.29 I can then do other work for 1 hour 31 minutes before I need a break for WTD.

I’m sorry but you only need a break after 4.5 hours driving if you intend to carry on driving.

oh no you don’t, but like all young uns you think you know it all, why not check the regs on vosa site before posting what you don’t know :slight_smile:
ps. I was young once and jealous now :smiley:

I’ll give you an example as well actually,
Yesterday I got back to the yard in Guildford after driving straight from Lymm truckstop, I pulled in the yard and when I stopped put the handbrake on it was bang on 4:30 driving time.
I then dropped my trailer and un did the buckles, done some paperwork, ejected my card and went home.

But what your saying is that I should have had a 45 minute break in the yard, THEN dropped my trailer and done paperwork THEN finished my shift :laughing:
Crazy.

green456:
oh no you don’t, but like all young uns you think you know it all, why not check the regs on vosa site before posting what you don’t know :slight_smile:
ps. I was young once and jealous now :smiley:

I will double check later :slight_smile:

yes its crazy but that’s the law :smiley: you keep breaking it if you like, I don’t care :smiley:

FarnboroughBoy11:
I’ll give you an example as well actually,
Yesterday I got back to the yard in Guildford after driving straight from Lymm truckstop, I pulled in the yard and when I stopped put the handbrake on it was bang on 4:30 driving time.
I then dropped my trailer and un did the buckles, done some paperwork, ejected my card and went home.

But what your saying is that I should have had a 45 minute break in the yard, THEN dropped my trailer and done paperwork THEN finished my shift :laughing:
Crazy.

So when you say you dropped you trailer, after you put the brake on,did you move the truck from under it by any chance and park up somewhere, because if you did you may have a drive time infringement when you check your card.