999... There are some scumbags in my trailer

OK, We will be straight round to issue you/your company with an £18’000 FINE!!!

I’m lost for words, especially after seeing all the ■■■■ caused at Calais

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … ed-it.html

Nothing will get done until either the French acknowledge the problem or a driver gets killed. Hauliers should stage a strike and stop using the tunnel and ferry for a week. Lets see what chaos that will cause.

Radar19:
Nothing will get done until either the French acknowledge the problem or a driver gets killed. Hauliers should stage a strike and stop using the tunnel and ferry for a week. Lets see what chaos that will cause.

Would be nice, but drivers will not stick together

trubster:

Radar19:

Would be nice, but drivers will not stick together

Drivers won’t but hauliers will. Its both the driver and company that gets fined and we all know how much gaffers hate paying out for things.

What boils my gonads is the fact that while they are working out the fine to give to the haulier,the illegals are in a room somewhere with tea and biscuits while someone helps them fill out their asylum form

The-Snowman:
What boils my gonads is the fact that while they are working out the fine to give to the haulier,the illegals are in a room somewhere with tea and biscuits while someone helps them fill out their asylum form

. . . . . . And income support form, Housing Application, Housing Benefit forms, Bank Accounts . . . the list goes on.

Speed up, brake hard… speed up, brake hard… repeat as many times as you like…

dispose of ■■■■■■■ as you see fit. Its time the gloves come off.

Radar19:

Nothing will get done:

Even if a driver gets killed, but LOTS will be done no doubt - if a driver deliberately kills one of the illegals…

The reason we have daft EU laws that holds the authorities powerless to act -

• “Human Rights Culture” - Europe Wide. Who’s scared about being litigated by Strasbourg? - France more than us I think… They won’t put the authorities on the ground, in case one of the illegals gets “hurt” by them… Ditto for even considering locking them up at the far end of the country.

The Hauliers heavily fined - need to refuse to pay, be prepared to go to jail for non-payment, and GET THIS ON THE TV. It’s only the ‘public hating the trucker mentality’ given to that same public by the media these past few years - that makes hauliers a great scapegoat for all previous government sins.

It’s a shame we can’t have a “transport friendly” rather than “loony law friendly” or “conman friendly” party in office in any country at all really - Tsipras is probably closest to “doing what it says on the tin” for his people right now.

Radar19:

Isn’t the Calais strike likely to cause a similar effect?

At very least, the malingerers on the approach roads are likely to be “shifting towards the tunnel” since the Ferrys don’t appear to be running at the moment…

Operation Stack seemed to be queued back to Aylesford as of 18:00 last night when I passed over the M20 to see a long string of artics parked up on the hard shoulder across the bridge over the running horse junction…

i was trying to work out how long this had been going on and I was thinking it really started to be bad about 2007 and then I found this from April 2006

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/726478.stm

15 years later and all the problems highlighted have not even been slightly addressed.

trubster:

The-Snowman:

. . . . . . And income support form, Housing Application, Housing Benefit forms, Bank Accounts . . . the list goes on.

asylum seekers don’t receive any benefits?

I understand that a single person receives something like £35.00 per week and a couple £76.00 and they get housed. It’s nothing to us, but to them that’s a huge amount.

What they actually get, and how they are treated has little to do with their expectations. Back home in Somalia or wherever the local smugglers tell them about this wonderful island just off the coast of France where immigrants are given free houses and there are jobs for all. “Just scrape £5000 together (by selling a couple of surplus kids?) and we will get you there.”

A haulier protests because he got fined… Let’s imagine that taking the illegals to the nearest cop shop got you off the hook? So you load up a few for (say) €1000 a head in Calais, drop them off in Folkestone and swear blind that you had no idea that they were in there.

The French would like to send them all over - they have plenty of their own to worry about (Go to Paris or the beach in the South and open your eyes) and just like us they are more concerned with finding work for Frenchmen than looking after refugees. The only practical solution I can see is to beef up the British presence in Calais. Maybe we could send a few of the underemployed soldiers over there to keep order? One other thing… Why aren’t the good citizens of Calais, who must be fed up to the back teeth with them, blockading the Port until their government does something?

One more point - there are many borders around the world, especially in the Middle East, where the population on one side would far rather be on the other. One difference is that a Syrian trying to get to Turkey doesn’t want to stay there - he wants to go back as soon as it is safe. Maybe one way of stopping the illegals is to work harder to make their own countries less horrible.

If hauliers suffered at all they would of took action already, a few have by using other ports but most are persevering and I suspect the haulier’s costs including fines etc. are tax deductible and they really don’t care about their drivers as they can easily be replaced from the massive pool of drivers sat by their phones. I heard from a polish driver in crick last week that in Poland they are training more HGV drivers telling them that they are desperately needed in Britain. :open_mouth:

Maybe that’s true of the big firms alder, but for small firms like us, it’s far from true.

In monetary terms, it’s a plain loss, there’s a knock on effect for jobs that should be done now and can’t be because either the timescale is wrong or we can’t get any sailings.

This week there are very limited options - on Tuesday I couldn’t even get trucks out of Rotterdam/Hoek, all the Western Channel and Zeebrugge were fully booked. We’ve suspended all Dover-Calais crossings until this is resolved.

As for not caring about drivers, we really put ourselves out to do what we can. As I said to the lad that was stuck for almost 24 hours, if he decided to pull out and try do something else, whatever he did was fine by me. As it is, he chose to stick it out and landed back in the UK this morning. We sent someone out to get him and drive him back home so he get some well-earned rest.

albion:
Maybe that’s true of the big firms alder, but for small firms like us, it’s far from true.

In monetary terms, it’s a plain loss, there’s a knock on effect for jobs that should be done now and can’t be because either the timescale is wrong or we can’t get any sailings.

This week there are very limited options - on Tuesday I couldn’t even get trucks out of Rotterdam/Hoek, all the Western Channel and Zeebrugge were fully booked. We’ve suspended all Dover-Calais crossings until this is resolved.

As for not caring about drivers, we really put ourselves out to do what we can. As I said to the lad that was stuck for almost 24 hours, if he decided to pull out and try do something else, whatever he did was fine by me. As it is, he chose to stick it out and landed back in the UK this morning. We sent someone out to get him and drive him back home so he get some well-earned rest.

Good post and I am glad to hear how you treat your drivers. :smiley: Ummm is there any vacancies? :wink:

I used to work for Movecorp, one of their drivers had 9 in the back last month, I bet they’re ■■■■■■■■ themselves for the bill for that!

I’ve filled the last 5 vacancies by word of mouth :wink: .

I’ve worked for some carp bosses, always said I wasn’t going to be one.

albion:
I’ve filled the last 5 vacancies by word of mouth :wink: .

I’ve worked for some carp bosses, always said I wasn’t going to be one.

Fair play to you sir I wish others would learn from you. I work agency at the moment and I am pig sick. I have just applied to maritime for a full time position see if it is any better. Really fed up of driving for bad companies.

I’m a madam not a sir :wink: .

I’d try some door knocking on the smaller firms doors, if you have any mates that drive for an OK firm, ask them to let you know if there are any vacancies. i hate advertising, rarely ahve had to do it, can’t imagine I’m the only one.