8th May - Major Blockades

Thought Id let you guys know incase you hadnt heard…

leaderlive.co.uk/news/101628 … still.aspx

af.reuters.com/article/energyOil … GQ20110427

Theres going to be bikers, hauliers, farmers and plain old members of the public taking part in this, numbers are up to about 1000 now!! This is going to be HUGE.

D

Thanks for informing me, I will make sure I stay away from those roads, I don’t wanna get stuck behind a load of idiots who think that peeing off the motorist even more is a good idea :unamused:

Well i filled my truck up lastnight at the Texaco gargae on the A45 near Rugby and it was £1.46 a litre !!

Something needs to be done, wether the protestors will acheive anything i dont know but good luck to them

rockape2620:
Well i filled my truck up lastnight at the Texaco gargae on the A45 near Rugby and it was £1.46 a litre !!

Something needs to be done, wether the protestors will acheive anything i dont know but good luck to them

I doubt it if history is anything to go by
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuel_prote … ed_Kingdom

Aw busby, your inability to see that these people are fighting for YOU too is pretty sad. Are you really that selfish? I cant see any other reason for your negative, jaded views…

Besides, there has NEVER been a fuel protest of this magnitude in the UK. This is going to make the previous fuel protests look tiny. You wait and see :slight_smile:

rockape, I know how you feel, we’ve sat and taken this ■■■■ for far too long and its time something was done about it. Everybody is affected by this, whether you drive or not its pushing the cost of living up at every turn…

Keep your eyes peeled for the news coverage :slight_smile:

D

boze:
Aw busby, your inability to see that these people are fighting for YOU too is pretty sad. Are you really that selfish? I cant see any other reason for your negative, jaded views…

No not selfish, I just have a bit of common sense :wink:
Protests don’t work mate, history proves that.
If you want to drive round with your band of merry men thinking that you are making a difference then crack on, just remember that after a week of joe public having no fuel they will not be on your side :wink:
People need fuel to get to work to earn money to support there families, pay mortgages etc
Why not punish the goverment instead of the motorist? go blockade downing street

NTSA

:unamused: :unamused:

bubsy06:

boze:

No not selfish, I just have a bit of common sense :wink:
Protests don’t work mate, history proves that.
If you want to drive round with your band of merry men thinking that you are making a difference then crack on, just remember that after a week of joe public having no fuel they will not be on your side :wink:
People need fuel to get to work to earn money to support there families, pay mortgages etc
Why not punish the goverment instead of the motorist? go blockade downing street

What history actually proves is that some protests work and some dont. Ill say again, there has NEVER been a fuel protest of this size in the UK before. The only people who wont be on our side are the people who dont realise that the short-term hardship caused by protesting is NOTHING compared to the long-term hardship that will be suffered if we do nothing.

D

You know what, bloody good on you. Give it a shot!

Get every bit of press coverage possible.

Any reports of blockades in Scotland?

stagedriver:
You know what, bloody good on you. Give it a shot!

Get every bit of press coverage possible.

Any reports of blockades in Scotland?

Not yet, Ive had a couple of small protests at grangemouth but the general feeling is one of apathy… Too many naysayers like busby :slight_smile: We arent going to quit though, this protest at stanlow will raise awareness some more and will hopefully inspire more people to come down and protest. Nobody is expecting the government to say “Oh ■■■■ lower prices NOW!!” but given time and a series of high profile blockades it will eventually start to cause serious problems for them. The aim is to raise enough awareness through blockades and protests to eventually blockade every refinery in the UK at the same time. Nothing like that has ever been attempted and the government will literally have no choice but to give in…

D

Like it or not, we don’t live in a country that is governed by “mob rule” :unamused:

I drive a huge V8 car. It’s thirsty and I do a fair bit of mileage. I do hope your foot stomping, taking your ball in, dummy spitting, toys out of the pram, citizen Smith “power to the people” nonsense is not going to impede my ability to fill its tank several times that week :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

It never fails to amaze me how we lorry drivers are, as far as everyone else is concerned, “about as welcome as a ■■■■ in an astronauts suit” until you need a large presence to get something done. Then all of a sudden it’s group hug and motorists united time :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Funny how quickly things change from, diesel spilling, motorcyclists enemy, cyclist killing, road blocking, fume belching, life ruining, rat running, juggernauts when it suits eh ■■? :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Rob K if you have a moment, between organising Rikkis record collection and obsessing over Switchlogics hair, could you supply an appropriate N T S A image and a popcorn smiley or 2. Thanks :grimacing:

boze:
Keep your eyes peeled for the news coverage :slight_smile:

D

I will be mate thats for sure

Your right in saying something needs to be done, although protesting and blocking fuel depots hasnt yet made the goverment make a U turn on prices, at least your DOING something, and the only reason it doesnt work is because of lack of numbers and not maintaining the stangle hold long enough.

Theres about 62 million people live in this country if a quater of them joined the protest and completely shut the country down for weeks on end the goverment would have to do something.

As it stands you have a thousand, its just not enough, we will continue to be fleeced by our goverment until oil runs out and they are forced to start using alternative fuels, which of course once the alternatives are in demand, they will be taxed, prices will rise, we will bend over and continue to vote for the idiots that are constantly shafting us.

God what a miserable outlook, thank god for push bikes :smiley:

bubsy06:

+1

Denis F:

bubsy06:

+1

It would have been a good opportunity tomorrow, the 29th of April. It would be fun to watch the arrests on the wedding footage.

I thought the last protest consisted of about 8 cars parked outside Eddie Stobarts yard

Betting about ten will show up,and comments about how the French do it,or used to.The police will bring in some anti terror law to stop it,and inform hauliers not to get involved.

toby1234abc:
Betting about ten will show up,and comments about how the French do it,or used to.The police will bring in some anti terror law to stop it,and inform hauliers not to get involved.

I think we seriously need to make Toby the next Transport Minister :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Coffeeholic:
NTSA

:unamused: :unamused:

Not This ■■■■ Again? :slight_smile:

PC Angus Cairn may show up,with the Scania.Votes for Toby Carvery the next MEP,for Dingly Dale,and Wrinkly Bottom.

Protests don’t work at all. What’s happened in the middle east recently is proof :unamused:

It needs to happen. I’m glad to see that something of reasonable size is being conducted. Anything in the east or just refineries getting blocked?

Anyone seen a poor farmer in a £60 grand Range Rover,pool in the garden,slow payers,if deliver to them too.