8 wheels new artic

Saw this unusual combination the other day

How about an 8 legger unit

i have seen them before, but they normally have a huge HIAB (or similar) crane mounted just behind the cab :smiley:

looks like baldwins ex scotts heavy haulage w2 shh

I see Baldwins have sold 4-5 of there 8x4 R580 Scanias only 06 plates.

robv8:
I see Baldwins have sold 4-5 of there 8x4 R580 Scanias only 06 plates.

If they are anything like the ex-Baldwin 144-530 150tonner that we bought through Scania Heathrow i hope they have very well stocked wallett’s, the biggest pile of xxxxxxx xxxx we ever had the misfortune to be involved with.

Semtex:

nothin new fella

Now thats a 8 legger

10 Legger

over here in new zealand there are loads of them, if you want to run at max weight of 44 tonne without getting a permit i think you have to have 4 axle tractor unit and 4 axle trailor, im new over here though so stand corrected if im wrong (and i usually am)

its still baldwins and its there spare :confused:

nick2008:

Semtex:

nothin new fella

Now thats a 8 legger

Now this is a serious 8 wheeler, could winch more than that can pull.

Heavy Haulage Show in Holland 2008

Knutsford Services 2008 a really tidy motor regards Big Al

Some more from my collection Heanor Heavy Haulage loading Roger Brookhouse’s 48 " pipe bender when we were constructing a gas pipeline over The Brecon Beacons

H.C.Wilson have a few 8 legger units here are a few pictures of their lorries. regards Big Al

MAN 8 legger loaded with CAT 594 sideboom. regards Big Al

Nick some daylight pictures of the yellow 8 legger sent to me by Graham Wilson of H.C.Wilson. I would think you would have to charge some
serious rates to make this beast pay.The stainless steel alone would pay off my mortgage. regards Big Al

Volvo do them too - yes that is as wide as it looks, and it went on public roads too :stuck_out_tongue:

Hope you’re all impressed I can now post photos on here, without a nervous breakdown :laughing:

And another…

jj72:
Volvo do them too - yes that is as wide as it looks, and it went on public roads too :stuck_out_tongue:

Hope you’re all impressed I can now post photos on here, without a nervous breakdown :laughing:

Avator and siggy line next then jj :smiley: regards Big Al

Big Al:

jj72:

Avator and siggy line next then jj :smiley: regards Big Al

whoa, one step at a time :wink:

That yellow Scania is owned by F G Bond of Marshfield who regularly show their Green tippers.