7 out of 120

with a radius of 20 miles and posted in last 3 days from where i live,on the job centre website 7 jobs were with companies advertised the rest were with agencies, what is it like around the country or is it pretty much the same,

same up here mate.im sick of seeing a job advertised as full time and then you click on it and you find you have to contact driver,net,solutions,network or whatever they are calling them selfs this week and the job is tempory to ongoing work!
is it legal to advertise false jobs??

I’m gobsmacked that you found as many as 7 advertised by companies. Most employers I have known wouldn’t dream of advertising with Jobcentre.

You need a little insight into exactly what happens when a vacancy hits the database to understand that !

On the plus side, there’s 120 driving jobs in an acceptable commuting distance of where you live.

Not one of our bone idle scroungers are you? :smiley:

yorkshire terrier:
same up here mate.im sick of seeing a job advertised as full time and then you click on it and you find you have to contact driver,net,solutions,network or whatever they are calling them selfs this week and the job is tempory to ongoing work!
is it legal to advertise false jobs??

I asked DWP this question a few years back and yes it is perfectly legal.

I found the same thing when I was looking for work and one agency, that had over 100 jobs on their website, was listing the same jobs over and over again. It may be legal but it is not really ethical. Shops who do this sort of thing get prosecuted under the Trade Description Act.

For anyone with time to spare look on contract-personnel.com and scan the 274 vacancies spread over 55 pages and see how many different jobs there are. I have just checked 7 pages and the same job is listed again and again.

no chas redundant monday 14th employed friday 18th,cant sit about it means spending time with missus

Chas:
I’m gobsmacked that you found as many as 7 advertised by companies. Most employers I have known wouldn’t dream of advertising with Jobcentre.

You need a little insight into exactly what happens when a vacancy hits the database to understand that !

On the plus side, there’s 120 driving jobs in an acceptable commuting distance of where you live.

Chas:

i take offence at this :imp: agency doesnt suit everone 1 or 2 days here and there isnt always good enough

waddy640:
I asked DWP this question a few years back and yes it is perfectly legal.

I found the same thing when I was looking for work and one agency, that had over 100 jobs on their website, was listing the same jobs over and over again. It may be legal but it is not really ethical.

The agencies are running a very fine line with regards to the legality or not of their constant advertising for drivers, occasionally they trip up, but you’d need to spend/waste a lot of time to find anyone in Guv’mint who gives a ■■■!

Anyone thinking of spending £1000’s on an LGV licence in order to ‘buy’ a job needs to be educated into exactly what the agencies are doing by constantly advertising ‘NON’ jobs on a free to advertise website.

Family member of mine works in job centre,

They are basically pushing towards privatisation.

eezeer:

Chas:

i take offence at this :imp: agency doesnt suit everone 1 or 2 days here and there isnt always good enough

I’m happy that you take offence.

I take offence with peoples general assumption that the unemployed must be bone idle scroungers because there are 120 jobs available within an acceptable commuting distance.

How many drivers are set to be laid off in the coming weeks?

At what point in their period of enforced unemployment do they suddenly change status to ‘idle scrounger’?

Every other business has to spend thousands of pounds every year to advertise.
Why does the government allow these parasites to advertise for free?
The jobcentre website should be there to advertise jobs direct to potential employees.

ipswich123:
no chas redundant monday 14th employed friday 18th,cant sit about it means spending time with missus

I could handle having to talk to that woman who lives in my house . . . but not daytime TV.

When Trash in the Attic & Jeremy Kyle become the highlight of the day it’s time to find a high bridge. :laughing:

Chas:
At what point in their period of enforced unemployment do they suddenly change status to ‘idle scrounger’?

you tell me, you wrote the thing :unamused:

eezeer:

Chas:

you tell me, you wrote the thing :unamused:

I refuse to have a battle of wits . . . with the unarmed.

Please get your ‘responsible adult’ to re-read the thread with you.

Failing that, try reading the words in your Sun newspaper. You know, the little black squiggles between the pictures.

Changed jobs 3 times in the past two years and never called more than a handful of companies.

chas! if you were beeing smart with response then i dont get it. i saw only you been having a go because people didnt take agency jobs. i have morgage and agecy not reliable enougfh

I keep looking on Jobcentre website, and everyday more and more “vacancies” are from “Job Warehouse”.
What is the point in “Company Confidential”? Are they crap employers or just crap agencies?

The good old days have gone…c,mon everybody say Arr, but its a fact getting a job nowadays is a job in itself , they want to know the ins and outs of a cows ■■■■■■■■ about you …do you smoke is the favourite one…then have you got a cv ? have you got a criminal record ? how many dumps a day do you have ? married or single ? how many kids ?, its just on and on , then we get to the important bit why do you want to work for this company…c,mon f…,off is this the quali’s for bleedin mastermind or a driver looking for work, :angry:

Chas:
I’m gobsmacked that you found as many as 7 advertised by companies.

+1

eezeer:

Chas:

…careful. There’s some on here who think you’re a scrounger if you pay less tax, work less than an 84 hour week, and are still married!

It’s better to be disrespected standing in front of someone, than respected, and in a box on the way to the crematorium.