7.5t Truck Trip to Europe help

Chris_Truck:

alix776:
As maybe you are being rewarded for the trip as your friend will be paying you for the hire of the truck and the round trip fuel and tolls. Its there for hire and reward you’ll need olicense and stick to tacho rules as the goods being carried are not yours

And anyway, what is this hire and reward you keep referring to? Isn’t this applicable mainly to transport of passengers? As in:

““Hire and reward” is defined in Section 1(5) of the Public Passenger Vehicle Act 1981 which provides that —
“(a) a vehicle is to be treated as carrying passengers for hire or reward if payment is made for, or for matters which include, the carrying of passengers, irrespective of the person to whom the payment is made and in the case of a transaction effected by or on behalf of a member of any association of persons (whether incorporated or not) on the one hand and the association or another member thereof on the other hand notwithstanding any rule of law as to such transactions;”

or when referring to goods:

“Carry goods for hire or reward and haulage; These particular classifications apply to delivery jobs. Carry goods for hire or reward specifically focuses on occupations that involve multiple drops at a myriad of destinations. Haulage coverage is based more on jobs with fixed deliveries with established clients.”

Your not a company though your hiring a truck to transport someone’s goods for reward wether or not you make a profit or it just covers costs which ever way you look at it you’ll need a
To stick to drivers hrs regs and have a olicense. The only way round it is to transport your own goods for relocation.

alix776:
Your not a company though your hiring a truck to transport someone’s goods for reward wether or not you make a profit or it just covers costs which ever way you look at it you’ll need a
To stick to drivers hrs regs and have a olicense. The only way round it is to transport your own goods for relocation.

I hear you, but that’s not what the EU legislation states, I’m afraid.

And your look at 14 mpg at 400 litres each way

alix776:

That does get my attention :unamused: I am aware of it, hence used this forum to try and find out which of the 7.5t truck engines are more economical. I assume it’s the most recent ones, with Euro 5 emission class, although I am sure that’s not necessarily the case.

Chris_Truck:

alix776:

I hear you, but that’s not what the EU legislation states, I’m afraid.

I think you’ll find what im saying is what the legislation states. Take the advise that you came on here asking for.

By me and other many including myself that operates vehicles. And have been driven abroad.

alix776:
I think you’ll find what im saying is what the legislation states. Take the advise that you came on here asking for.

By me and other many including myself that operates vehicles. And have been driven abroad.

With all due respect, ultimately this forum may benefit as much from this exchange as I would.

Chris_Truck:

harry:
I used to go F,B,D,CHEK,SLOVAK ,H,ROMANIA. I am an experienced driver and think your 3 day round trip is a little optimistic,since you ain’t done it before in a truck and you’re short of cash. But anyway,good luck with your plan.

Well Harry boy, you assume too much. :smiley: I am not short of cash, just helping a family relocate at my own costs. I admit I’m new at this international transports, but in a previous life I’ve done my share of trucking :laughing:

harry:
Sounds a bit like plan MH370 to me. :slight_smile:

Why’s that, because I’m disconnecting the tacho■■? Oh I see… the pilots were trying to get to China too fast and using half the petrol. That explains why they ended up in Australia right■■?

No offence intended but you’re talking about one hit to Romania,one hit back,in a RHD truck,first time on the route - that’s at least 3000 miles on roads you’re unfamiliar with. It would take me 3 days to get there. The reason I mentioned the ill fated flight is because it was a one way trip. You are asking seasoned drivers advice and then giving your own answers. You’re getting riled because it don’t compute in your way at looking at things. The drivers are trying to make it as cheap and in my case,as safe as possible for ,by your own admission, a first timer. As I said before ,good luck with your plan.

there is a member here called truckyboy, he’s heading to bulgaria with a rigid, a lowloader and a space shuttle, maybe he can help you out?

it seems you have it all figured out though, good luck with the authorities and try not to kill anyone while driving 72 hours (more likely 100+) straight.

Another asking for advice and ridiculing the answers. Let him get on with it. :unamused:

Good luck arguing the toss with Euro plod. As others have said, you will need to comply with the drivers hours regs, or find yourself paying a nice fine, and allow at least 3 days each way. You’ll also find that when exiting Romania they will nearly always find some type of infringement that they want to fine you for.

alix776:

Thats a conservative estimate, There’s a fair few hills on that route, as well as lots of road works in germany. both will reduce that average by a small amount,and if theres strong winds that will plumet along with the speed most probably, as those puddle jumpers just don’t have enough horses

if only he was driving and not typing he would be on his way back by now…

Try explaining y no tacho to the polizei

They even purging on vans again lately for drivers hours
You ask for advise the. Dont want it carry on as will cost you dearly if stopped

Also you will find that most vans with trailers can carry more legal weight than a 7.5t
And the austrians for starters like their weighbridges

Ul need a proper ve103b on hire form in replace of the logbook which you will find most hire companies in this sector wont issue one or even knkw what it is
And alot of hire co will be breakdowns covered in uk only and down to you to get it bk to uk

Aahh its ok as the op is a know it all

nearly there:
Aahh its ok as the op is a know it all

He has proof of his qualifications,quote;" in a previous life I’ve done my share of trucking."
But strangley doesn’t know the difference between a rigid and a curtainsider?

Quote; This is good advice, I wasn’t sure whether rigid is heavier and therefore less economical than the curtain, but I guess rigid also means less wind resistance, right?

Speaks volumes… :open_mouth:

milodon:
there is a member here called truckyboy, he’s heading to bulgaria with a rigid, a lowloader and a space shuttle, maybe he can help you out?

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Have a word with Wakey Trucker. He did Cyprus and back in a week. If anyone can point you in the right direction he’s your man.

Firstly watch the weight. Fair to middling chance you will be overweight. Secondly if you do it non stop you will be fined I reckon €10k+ at the Hungarian border and you won’t be moving til you have paid every last euro cent. Thirdly depending where you are going in Romania will all add time. Bucharest is about 350 miles from Nadilac which on mostly single carriageways makes it a long slog. But as you know it all already you know this.

If you can round trip UK - RO - UK in 3 days I will pay you very good money to do me 2 trips a week.