7.5 years later

7.5 years later ive finally had enough and jacked,final straw was when the company insisted that regardless of how many hours driving you had left,you had to park up at 5pm and not start until 7 am ,ok if you’re on salary but we’re hourly paid,so now out of evey 24 hours we will only be getting paid on average 8.5 -9hours .sorry but even on the money we were gettin thats crap ,so new job starts monday less money than before but what the hell,monies not everything

Make sure you block the trap with a massive number 2 before you go.

If monies not everything what do you go to work for?

mac12:
If monies not everything what do you go to work for?

Exactly.^^^^

Some like cleaning other people’s trucks. Then are surprised when they aren’t taken seriously by their employer who’s laughing his ■■■■ off!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Less money for more hours? Sounds fab! :unamused:

True that money isn’t everything.

But…

You will probably miss the extra.

And I thank you personally for helping to drive the hourly rate of HGV drivers down :wink:

Is your post suggesting that the new job is for a lower hourly rate but you get more hours therefore your weeky wage will be better? In which case good if you need the money.

Or are you saying as Mr Monk suggests that you will be working more hours for less money? If so i seriously recommend you look up a good psychiatrist in your local area and give them a visit.

mezzzz1211:
7.5 years later ive finally had enough and jacked,final straw was when the company insisted that regardless of how many hours driving you had left,you had to park up at 5pm and not start until 7 am ,ok if you’re on salary but we’re hourly paid,so now out of evey 24 hours we will only be getting paid on average 8.5 -9hours .

sorry but even on the money we were gettin thats crap ,so new job starts monday less money than before but what the hell,monies not everything

Is it me or are the posts on Trucknet getting more cryptic?

The first jumble of words suggest the driver wants to do more work so he can earn more money, then that is followed by the remarkable statement that now he can work as many hours as he likes but for less money than he was getting before.

But money means nothing :confused:

Think he means he is sick of the last job.

I’ve done a similar thing for similar reasons, having my hours cut to the bone whilst on hourly pay. But my new job is salaried for a larger amount than I earned on hourly before I had my hours cut :sunglasses:.

thats the way to do it :wink:

I understand that, but surely you will get sick of doing hours that you feel are worth less than before. that would make me sick :open_mouth:

eddie snax:
I’ve done a similar thing for similar reasons, having my hours cut to the bone whilst on hourly pay. But my new job is salaried for a larger amount than I earned on hourly before I had my hours cut :sunglasses:.

thats the way to do it :wink:

I understand that, but surely you will get sick of doing hours that you feel are worth less than before. that would make me sick :open_mouth:

I’m always wary of salaried driving jobs…

I’ve yet to come across one that does not take the ■■■■ on a grand scale… :wink:

Truckulent:
I’m always wary of salaried driving jobs…

I’ve yet to come across one that does not take the ■■■■ on a grand scale… :wink:

Yeah I did have my concerns, on the basis of grinding every last drop blood, but the salary was that much better, and my last job was just getting worse for lack of hours and more burocracy more and more cheifs in the office by the week.

And as for hours so far so good, but I’ve only been here 6 weeks and I’m still lorry hopping :wink:

Only ever been salaried once, and yes…■■■■ can be taken big time, but sometimes it balances out. I remember about a week and a half of no work, we still got paid to sit on our arse at home! :sunglasses:

bigvern1:
Only ever been salaried once, and yes…■■■■ can be taken big time, but sometimes it balances out. I remember about a week and a half of no work, we still got paid to sit on our arse at home! :sunglasses:

Thats what I’m thinking when Felixstowe gets winded off, days salary is better than 8 hours basic :wink:

mezzzz1211:
7.5 years later ive finally had enough and jacked,final straw was when the company insisted that regardless of how many hours driving you had left,you had to park up at 5pm and not start until 7 am ,ok if you’re on salary but we’re hourly paid,so now out of evey 24 hours we will only be getting paid on average 8.5 -9hours .sorry but even on the money we were gettin thats crap ,so new job starts monday less money than before but what the hell,monies not everything

You need to explain this post, like everyone else I’m puzzled about why you would give up a job because the hours are being cut so you’ll be earning less then you take a job on less money and say “monies not everything” :confused:

Presumably you’re just generally ■■■■■■ off with the job but that’s not the way your post reads.

okay fair enough
old job *** ph new job more ph
old job time an 1/2 after 8new job not
old job £*** pweek bonus new job no bonus
55 hours at old job =+bonus
55hours at new job=

as the hours had been cut to 40 in the old jobthat would be*** plus bonus***
therefore more money ,as more hours, but less per hour (if you include bonus)
i did put the figures in originally but then thought ■■■■ it its no ones beeswax but mine how much i earn/earned
the post was about how ■■■■■■ off i was about the t m changing the terms of our job with no notice or consultation or consideration
forcing people to park up even though they still have driving time left with no exceptions (except for the tm who is salaried)

And that last post is doing my ■■■■■ head in…
So what im reading is the job WAS ok..but the boss decided to park everyone up at 5pm until 0700 the next morning..seems ok to me..apart from the fact you will lose a bit of money..so less money = less tax, and said driver may not be so bad off after all, and not forgetting if the wage is low, can claim family tax credits, and possibly more..not the ideal situation, but 7am till 5pm..is better than getting up at 0400, and getting home at 2100 which ive got tomorrow…

as above sounds a good job for the start and finish times suit me down to the ground

so you’re ok with sittin in a wagon for 14hrs a day and not getting paid?

mezzzz1211:
so you’re ok with sittin in a wagon for 14hrs a day and not getting paid?

That is pants, besause they would never park you up that long at the yard I bet :unamused:

but 7am till 5pm…is better than getting up at 0400, and getting home at 2100

Not if your in the wagon on a night out :unamused:
Id rather be starting at 0400hrs any day off the week :wink: