7.5 except for access

my employer has had a letter from trading standards saying there truck was seen in a 7.5 limit, i was in a 26ton truck, idiot, i just got lost, no excuse, whats my best course of action? will it be a prosecution? if so will it be court or fine in the post, cheers all. i know im a dingbat.

I’ve never known Trading Standards to enforce traffic/road law.

Do you have a copy of the letter?

i do have a letter but its at work as it was sent to my employer, it is trading standards agency that sent it, they want to know if i had a genuine reason for being on that road, plus theres a caution on there like the police say,

You’re employer will name you. Then you will receive a letter outlining what action they intend to take. Then head over to pepipoo for some sound advice.
There was a post on here where somebody went through similar:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=160478
forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?sho … 5651&st=20

thanks for that I’ll have a look, i doubt they will just issue a warning eill they, not in todays society when they can get a good fine out of me, i

Hyh:

Trading standards/council are responsible for weight limits, and can enforce a fine, and ask the Commissioners to have words with the operator and driver, if police catch you, it’s a fine and possible points for failing to observe signage.

And guess how I know .

i reakon it was one of them do gooders taking reg plates, no photo came with the letter, can i ask them for proof i was there? or im i better apologising and hope for a small fine?

biggriffin:

Hyh:

Trading standards/council are responsible for weight limits, and can enforce a fine, and ask the Commissioners to have words with the operator and driver, if police catch you, it’s a fine and possible points for failing to observe signage.

And guess how I know .

, how much was the fine if ya dont mind me asking, and did ya have to go to court?

jimroyale:

biggriffin:

Hyh:

And guess how I know .

, how much was the fine if ya dont mind me asking, and did ya have to go to court?

Was £60 fp, no points police issued. I was caught exiting the limit, going to a drop, Police man was fair, and said they had been lots of complaints from residents and they were just patrolling to show willing, and I had just been unlucky, and it was policeman who told I was lucky he had stopped me and not council enforcement. See next paragraph…

Council can be up to £2500, for operator, via magistrates court, and a talking to from commissioners.

Couldn’t you get someone to print you out a dummy delivery note or POD and send it off to the council stating that you were doing a delivery in the area? [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

damoq:
Couldn’t you get someone to print you out a dummy delivery note or POD and send it off to the council stating that you were doing a delivery in the area? [emoji6]

would they check that? don’t get me wrong if i can wriggle out of it i will, my boss is old school to he would,
my base is 80 miles frim the offence so i dont know anyone down there, think there is something i could try though,

jimroyale:

damoq:

would they check that? don’t get me wrong if i can wriggle out of it i will, my boss is old school to he would,
my base is 80 miles frim the offence so i dont know anyone down there, think there is something i could try though,

I’m not sure if they would check or not. It was just a thought that came into my head. Hopefully someone on here might have tried it and can tell you if it worked or not.

damoq:

jimroyale:

damoq:

I’m not sure if they would check or not. It was just a thought that came into my head. Hopefully someone on here might have tried it and can tell you if it worked or not.

cheers pal, all help appreciated

The starting point for perverting the course of justice is custody.
You would be crackers to start falsifying records to escape what looks like a small non-endorseable fine, if that (could be a warning).
Don’t dig a big hole!

Saying that “as far as you recall” you “strayed in the zone only briefly” whilst lost is as far as I’d go. Get caught falsifying invoices and they’ll throw the book at you, and once you’ve done it there’s no return.

SJB:
The starting point for perverting the course of justice is custody.
You would be crackers to start falsifying records to escape what looks like a small non-endorseable fine, if that (could be a warning).
Don’t dig a big hole!

Saying that “as far as you recall” you “strayed in the zone only briefly” whilst lost is as far as I’d go. Get caught falsifying invoices and they’ll throw the book at you, and once you’ve done it there’s no return.

good advice what you have said makes perfect sense, thank you.

I know it doesn’t help your case, but there is a shop I use(d) regularly in Grangemouth, which is on a road which runs parallel to a busy main road. The road the shop is on has a 7.5t except for access limit. I was in one day recently, parked on restricted road and when I came out of the shop, a cheeky Constable started to read the riot act. He saw that I had been at the shop, but when I pointed out that I needed to access the shop to buy food, he was having none of it. Got a flea in my ear, and when I asked him if he would prefer I parked on the busy main road, he turned and walked away muttering profanities.
I mentioned it later to the family who own the shop and they were not at all amused. (They are noticeably Brown skinned, and if they know anything, they know their rights) Could be interesting.

The sign says except for access.

You needed it for access simple.

It’s down to them to prove you didn’t. I’m also pretty sure your under zero obligation to provide them with proof. That’s down to them.

Don’t be bullied into paying a fine.

damoq:

jimroyale:

damoq:

Problem is if they did check and to be honest they probably aren’t stupid enough not to then you could be done for fraud which is a much more serious offence than just being in a 7.5t limit. My advice would be DO NOT try that one.

damoq:

jimroyale:

damoq:

If someone had done it and had got away with it that doesn’t mean a different trading standards for a different part of the country or even the same one on a different day wouldn’t check. Someone in the office might receive you false POD on a Friday and think ah ■■■■ it it’s friday I’ll just accept it and sign it off. That same person could receive the same false POD on a Monday and be on the war path for the week and decide to check it all out.

my truck is a beaver tail, i could make out i was responding to a company vehicle breakdown, but like most of you are saying is it really worth it?? maybe the best course of action is just grovelling,