66 plate Actros

We’ve recently taken some new Actros units.
All nice and that out of the box etc.
They have the lane guidance and ram that car avoidance system but

They don’t seem to have the interior night driving lights you know the red or green cab light :unamused:
Anyone know if they’ve secreted the switch in some stupid place or amalgamated it in to another switch …

Try switch 5 in the pic below, it switches the green night lights on in our shopping trolleys :laughing:

Owners Manual

Iv’e got a 480 giga space and the interior lighting is crap, not very comfortable either, cabs nice though.

In mine, you need to go the onscreen menu, choose lighting and scroll down…the option is there!

Born Idle:
In mine, you need to go the onscreen menu, choose lighting and scroll down…the option is there!

Ditto. It’s the switched marked on our 15 plate, but from the 16 plates onwards, it’s in the far right hand menu. Select “Lighting” hit ok, then scroll down a couple of options to “Night Light” (I think) then scroll through the options “Off” “On” and “Auto” The last one just puts it on when you turn your lights on. Turns it off when you select reverse too.

It’s green on both the ones I’ve been in.

Sent using smoke and mirrors.

And if you have a switch with a MB Star on it, your boss has spoilt you, as that lights up the badge on the grille.

PaulNowak:

Born Idle:

Ditto. It’s the switched marked on our 15 plate, but from the 16 plates onwards, it’s in the far right hand menu. Select “Lighting” hit ok, then scroll down a couple of options to “Night Light” (I think) then scroll through the options “Off” “On” and “Auto” The last one just puts it on when you turn your lights on. Turns it off when you select reverse too.

Thanks I’ll have a look on Tuesday night .
As for the badge light don’t think it’s on these

Old_n07 that’s what’s on all the older stuff looks like paul and bone might have the answer …
Thanks lads

PaulNowak:

Born Idle:

Correct!!!

Born Idle:

For the interior lights? Like the others, it’s the bottom right of the 3 switches under the lockers…the only lighting option I’ve seen in the menu is for the headlamp off delay after opening/locking the doors

Actrosman:

Born Idle:

For the interior lights? Like the others, it’s the bottom right of the 3 switches under the lockers…the only lighting option I’ve seen in the menu is for the headlamp off delay after opening/locking the doors

They’re talking about a new 66 plate don’t forget.

bald bloke:

Actrosman:

Born Idle:

They’re talking about a new 66 plate don’t forget.

Soz BB…got me cabbage brain in today and still put it after reading it all! Didn’t know they’d buried it in the menu now tbf, makes much more sense than just hitting a switch :smiley:

nick2008:

They don’t seem to have the interior night driving lights you know the red or green cab light :unamused:
Anyone know if they’ve secreted the switch in some stupid place or amalgamated it in to another switch …

In about a years time or so they start to play up you can’t turn them off there are 3 bulbs in them, the green night driving light which I like, the cab lighting and the reading lights which are very good, its the reading lights which will come on randomly and won’t go off, this has happened to most of our 64 plates the only answer is to take the bulbs out, not a bad motor overall would prefer a Volvo but I don’t get a say.

mike68:
In about a years time or so they start to play up you can’t turn them off there are 3 bulbs in them, the green night driving light which I like, the cab lighting and the reading lights which are very good, its the reading lights which will come on randomly and won’t go off, this has happened to most of our 64 plates the only answer is to take the bulbs out, not a bad motor overall would prefer a Volvo but I don’t get a say.

That explains some of the 64 and 15 plates

My mp4 is in the menders so I have an mp3 for a couple of days, I’m thinking about asking if I can keep it.

nick2008:

Apparently I’m getting one next week to replace my 63 plate, I was hoping that they might have grew out of them and went for a Volvo but looks like I’m stuck with another Merc. :unamused:

Can you by pass or knock off that lane guidance car avoidance system, or is it on all the time ?
I have managed quite well without all that type of crap so far, and would rather continue so. I prefer to drive the motor not the motor drive me.
More important I was told there is no longer a 24v socket below the bunk where I now plug in my fridge after taking one of those drawers out…is that so?
What else is different about them.

The lane wandering thing is easy to turn off - switch on the dash (could be anywhere; no two Mercs are the same!!)

robroy:

nick2008:

Apparently I’m getting one next week to replace my 63 plate, I was hoping that they might have grew out of them and went for a Volvo but looks like I’m stuck with another Merc. :unamused:

Can you by pass or knock off that lane guidance car avoidance system, or is it on all the time ?
I have managed quite well without all that type of crap so far, and would rather continue so. I prefer to drive the motor not the motor drive me.
More important I was told there is no longer a 24v socket below the bunk where I now plug in my fridge after taking one of those drawers out…is that so?

Anti-Collision is (apparently) a Euro6 requirement and although it may have a switch, may not actually turn off. Hopefully they`re getting better now. Mine (DAF not Merc) gets frit by roadsigns, bridges, shadows etc etc.

Franglais:

robroy:

nick2008:

Anti-Collision is (apparently) a Euro6 requirement and although it may have a switch, may not actually turn off. Hopefully they`re getting better now. Mine (DAF not Merc) gets frit by roadsigns, bridges, shadows etc etc.

Thing is if all this ■■■■ is barely out of it’s experimental stage and therefore not 100% efficient it should not be fitted.

I took a 66 plate out this week and there are a few differences compared to the 65 plates. Quite a few of the buttons have been moved into the computer. Most notably the DPF regeneration buttons. I assume the cab lights are in there too but as I don’t use them I didn’t look.

It also had anti-collision and lane guidance. It worked perfectly for me. The only time the collision warning system did anything was when I rolled towards a security gate at an RDC and the dash flashed up a red warning. None of this emergency braking to avoid pigeons or other apocalyptic scenarios my colleagues had been telling me about. Perhaps they just drive too close to people, I don’t know.

Am I right in thinking that it brakes for you or is it just a light or buzzer on the dash.
Pardon my ignorance, just that I tend to avoid all this type of cack if poss.