5nites out tramping

AlexWignall:

Harry Monk:
OK, fair enough, thanks for sharing that and fair play, they do pay you a decent wage.

I don’t think it is a decent wage for being away from home all week Harry.

It is a shame that truck companies are prepared to abuse a keen workers obvious enthusiasm by leaving him no choice but to work rather than sit bored in his sleeper cab every night.

Is it beyond the wit of man to plan routes that might allow your drivers to go home a couple of nights a week?

W

May be just may be he’s happy to be away all week like me he might find it easier to be away than driving home ■■■■ shave shower it’s time to go back , plus if your happy with what you earn then why worry what everyone else earns

Personally, I don’t think any amount of money is worth being away from your home and family for five nights and six days a week.

I feel sorry for anyone who sees a visit home as too much trouble.

W

Happysack, what the hell is chipliner on your payslip.

dowahdiddyman:
Happysack, what the hell is chipliner on your payslip.

a £5/day bonus for having a chipliner trailer, ie doing bulk loads of woodchip. its another way of saying dirty money or sweeping out money

OllieNotts:
Whilst it may be a decent top line its still 69 hours work which is nearly double what it should be so in that context a ‘normal week’ would pay only half of the top line. I understand that to some it’s s way of life etc but I still think the driver and the family(if there is one) get a raw deal while he effectively does two weeks work to the average persons one. Not saying I’m right, just seeing it from both sides of the coin. I’ll never give my life up for the job again as the time spent away for the money earnt isn’t enough even at £690 but each to their own and that. Maybe if I was single I’d have another go at it.

come to my part of the world and find me a job that £350 for less than 40 hours then. or even a job that pays £350 for under 3 days work.

CRISPY:

AlexWignall:

Harry Monk:
OK, fair enough, thanks for sharing that and fair play, they do pay you a decent wage.

I don’t think it is a decent wage for being away from home all week Harry.

It is a shame that truck companies are prepared to abuse a keen workers obvious enthusiasm by leaving him no choice but to work rather than sit bored in his sleeper cab every night.

Is it beyond the wit of man to plan routes that might allow your drivers to go home a couple of nights a week?

W

May be just may be he’s happy to be away all week like me he might find it easier to be away than driving home [zb] shave shower it’s time to go back , plus if your happy with what you earn then why worry what everyone else earns

Yep, once I’m out at work I have no wish to get home, I often have a night out in the yard rather than go home, much though I love my weekends at home.

Bloody tax and national insurance really does take the ■■■■ doesnt it!! :smiling_imp: :imp:
And I think that’s good money considering what the wages and economy is like today. I can’t understand how people are still saying that’s not enough :unamused: the fella is earning over 860 quid a week :open_mouth: Not paying out on petrol going two and from work everyday, not using electric, water or any other house hold facilitys you get a bill for. In this day and age with transport the way it is, price of diesel, crap rates, companys running around for 10p a mile :unamused: I think that is a very good wage and I bet there are a few jealous people reading this thread, I’m one of them!!

FarnboroughBoy11:
Bloody tax and national insurance really does take the ■■■■ doesnt it!! :smiling_imp: :imp:
And I think that’s good money considering what the wages and economy is like today. I can’t understand how people are still saying that’s not enough :unamused: the fella is earning over 860 quid a week :open_mouth: Not paying out on petrol going two and from work everyday, not using electric, water or any other house hold facilitys you get a bill for. In this day and age with transport the way it is, price of diesel, crap rates, companys running around for 10p a mile :unamused: I think that is a very good wage and I bet there are a few jealous people reading this thread, I’m one of them!!

^^^+1

AlexWignall:
Personally, I don’t think any amount of money is worth being away from your home and family for five nights and six days a week.

I feel sorry for anyone who sees a visit home as too much trouble.

W

^^^ +1. 100%

W
[/quote]
May be just may be he’s happy to be away all week like me he might find it easier to be away than driving home [zb] shave shower it’s time to go back , plus if your happy with what you earn then why worry what everyone else earns
[/quote]
That is half of the problem, people are more intrested in what others are earning than what they are. We have a driver that by 8.30am has rung everybody up with the what you up to today line, then when you tell him if its better than his work and pays more its always, I could have loaded that, bleedin office aint got a clue. Makes me so glad im hourly paid than percentage paid.

Happysack, Have I got this right? £862 topline for 69 hours work? That equates to £12.50 for each hour that you were at work. Whichever way that £862 is made up, there are not many general haulage companies in this industry, at this time, who will be paying better wages You have posted a copy of your payslip, which has proved your initial claim, and which the TNUK Accountancy Graduates have cliically dissected. Yet some of them appear to be still labouring under the misapprehension, that ESL are a crap company, who pay crap wages. :unamused:

Perhaps one or other of the doubters, who are doing UK or Continental work, involving the same sort of hours, and the same number of nights out, on the same sort of general haulage work, as you do with ESL, might care to post one of their payslips so that they can prove their case. As you have done yours…

I agree with what FarnboroughBoy11 posted. It is all about “horses for courses”. Some would still like to get home at 4/0 clock every day, after an 8 hour shift, and find their Mummy waiting with big hug and kiss :unamused: . Others, like Happysack, are prepared to get stuck in, work whatever hours the job demands, and give their family the best lifestyle that they can provide. They are the ones that have my respect.

OllieNotts:
Whilst it may be a decent top line its still 69 hours work which is nearly double what it should be so in that context a ‘normal week’ would pay only half of the top line. I understand that to some it’s s way of life etc but I still think the driver and the family(if there is one) get a raw deal while he effectively does two weeks work to the average persons one. Not saying I’m right, just seeing it from both sides of the coin. I’ll never give my life up for the job again as the time spent away for the money earnt isn’t enough even at £690 but each to their own and that. Maybe if I was single I’d have another go at it.

But everyone knows that when they come into the business, 80% of the time is sat on your arse and 10% is real work, the rest is moaning about how cruel the bosses are.

I think the recent influx of drivers should be called Roundabouts, they see an advertising sign on a junction and wasting their inheritance on a licence, then spend the next 40 years “turning round and telling the boss”. “I aint doing that”

There are more people go into my local pub that take home between 280 and 340 quid a week than there are taking more than £450 home, and the cost of housing in my village costs the same, whether you drive a truck or pack tampons into cartons.

My neighbour is a sales rep and spends almost every week night in a Travelodge. I don’t imagine that is much good for a stable ■■■ or family life either. She gets home on Friday, he plays golf on Saturday.

If I were in Happysacks shoes I would do the same as him. The thing is, I’m not.

As it happens I’m on a similar score to him anyhow. Although I made sure I got a job that did not insist on five nights away. Therefore I take home a little less.

I have more than enough respect for people who work hard for their families.It is just that as a driver who in the past could count months away in Europe not weeks. I would like people to consider exactly what they are doing.

W

Buycrider:
Happysack, Have I got this right? £862 topline for 69 hours work? That equates to £12.50 for each hour that you were at work. Whichever way that £862 is made up, there are not many general haulage companies in this industry, at this time, who will be paying better wages You have posted a copy of your payslip, which has proved your initial claim, and which the TNUK Accountancy Graduates have cliically dissected. Yet some of them appear to be still labouring under the misapprehension, that ESL are a crap company, who pay crap wages. :unamused:

Perhaps one or other of the doubters, who are doing UK or Continental work, involving the same sort of hours, and the same number of nights out, on the same sort of general haulage work, as you do with ESL, might care to post one of their payslips so that they can prove their case. As you have done yours…

I agree with what FarnboroughBoy11 posted. It is all about “horses for courses”. Some would still like to get home at 4/0 clock every day, after an 8 hour shift, and find their Mummy waiting with big hug and kiss :unamused: . Others, like Happysack, are prepared to get stuck in, work whatever hours the job demands, and give their family the best lifestyle that they can provide. They are the ones that have my respect.

i think it adds upto somewhere about 75 hours…but you are right, not a lot of that is work. plenty of hours on break or poa etc. i dont usually work the 6 days, more than happy 4 nights out, home on friday afternoon. take home approx £585.

Wheel Nut:

OllieNotts:

But everyone knows that when they come into the business, 80% of the time is sat on your arse and 10% is real work, the rest is moaning about how cruel the bosses are.

I think the recent influx of drivers should be called Roundabouts, they see an advertising sign on a junction and wasting their inheritance on a licence, then spend the next 40 years “turning round and telling the boss”. “I aint doing that”

There are more people go into my local pub that take home between 280 and 340 quid a week than there are taking more than £450 home, and the cost of housing in my village costs the same, whether you drive a truck or pack tampons into cartons.

My neighbour is a sales rep and spends almost every week night in a Travelodge. I don’t imagine that is much good for a stable ■■■ or family life either. She gets home on Friday, he plays golf on Saturday.

:unamused:
As I said it’s each to their own, the job is for the brain dead :laughing:
We all go to work to earn our keep, some guys are happy earning 15k a year doing set shifts and having a good family life. Some like earning double and giving up a family life to provide the better things for them and theirs that’s what makes the world go round.
Maybe years ago when you ‘my ■■■■ don’t stink drivers’ who did everything to get the job done enjoyed the job more hence you bent over backwards. Give and take, I’ve never met a decent boss who got my respect since my first gaffa who made it easy to do the job and never find yourself questioning why. These days all you old boys moan it’s not what it was, the enjoyment in the job isn’t what it used to be so it’s no surprise that new blood in the industry don’t enjoy the job.
Anyway no point going off topic, you’ll be telling a story about ‘once when I…’ if we’re not careful :neutral_face:

Happysack! It’s been done loads of times on here! The payslips! :grimacing:
Your wasting your breath on these armchair truckers who knock a hard grafter! :wink:

There are those who “Do” and those who “Don’t” :laughing:

OllieNotts:

Wheel Nut:

OllieNotts:

:unamused:
As I said it’s each to their own, the job is for the brain dead :laughing:
We all go to work to earn our keep, some guys are happy earning 15k a year doing set shifts and having a good family life. Some like earning double and giving up a family life to provide the better things for them and theirs that’s what makes the world go round.
Maybe years ago when you ‘my [zb] don’t stink drivers’ who did everything to get the job done enjoyed the job more hence you bent over backwards. Give and take, I’ve never met a decent boss who got my respect since my first gaffa who made it easy to do the job and never find yourself questioning why. These days all you old boys moan it’s not what it was, the enjoyment in the job isn’t what it used to be so it’s no surprise that new blood in the industry don’t enjoy the job.
Anyway no point going off topic, you’ll be telling a story about ‘once when I…’ if we’re not careful :neutral_face:

Happysack is doing it now, not then. Luke is doing an Open University course and will soon be a lawyer. Mike C probably is already and there are many drivers who are not brain dead, but enjoy their own company

We’d all be Braindead if Happysack and all us other guys and gals didn’t move the stuff about to feed the numbties who call us Braindead! :unamused:

Harry Monk:
The impression I get is that if Happysack and Ady1 met up in some Tesco waiting room, and Happysack said that he had an elephant, then Ady1 would say that he had a box he could put it in.

Then if Ady1 said that he had just been to Tenerife, Happysack would say that he had just been to Elevenerife.

If you ever want to listen to pure and unadulterated lies, waffle and crap, just seek out the man in the green nylon shirt with the Northern accent. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

im bristolian,i think im classed as a southener :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: ,northener never :exclamation: :exclamation: ,just happen to live up here :
as for your impression of me,harry,you really couldnt be farther from the truth :wink: :laughing: :laughing: ,harry for f.f.s its a forum,you can be who you want,devils advocat :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

so i assume by your snipe harry monkey about northern accents, that , there are no bulls hitters darn sarf