5nites out tramping

what would be the average take home wage for this? im thinking anything from £450-£550?

Sounds bout right mate. Depends where u r suppose.

miked:
what would be the average take home wage for this? im thinking anything from £450-£550?

I wouldn’t do it for anything less, but then again, I’ve been asked to do it for £300pw !

If you don’t have a life, then £350 is a lot of money. If you have a life, but choose to leave it behind for 5 days a week then £450 might just pay for it.

Varies depending where you are but on average I would say that five days and four nights out would give you a total take-home of around £500 including night-out money.

going to get all the £700- 1000 a week day drivers on now :unamused:

I’m not boasting, maybe I’m just lucky but I’ve not even been driving 12 months and I’m taking home between 450 and 550 a week.

So look around and find those jobs which earn you more!!

I am here: maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.750440,-0.966549

The average is around £100 per day inc N/O but there are a few places that pay more but are far &few between or on the rare occasions they are taking on,they don’t need to advertise them

5 nights out tramping? £650+

oh sorry who cares its stobart wages

happysack:

I don’t suppose you would be prepared to scan a payslip to prove this?

Harry Monk:

happysack:

Ask ady1 :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The impression I get is that if Happysack and Ady1 met up in some Tesco waiting room, and Happysack said that he had an elephant, then Ady1 would say that he had a box he could put it in.

Then if Ady1 said that he had just been to Tenerife, Happysack would say that he had just been to Elevenerife.

If you ever want to listen to pure and unadulterated lies, waffle and crap, just seek out the man in the green nylon shirt with the Northern accent. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Harry Monk:

happysack:

I’m not quite sure I understand this, although I do accept that payslips are not easy to understand unless you work at the firm that issues them.

It would appear that you worked 69 hours from Monday to Friday, worked five-and three-quarter hours on Saturday, then three-quarters of an hour on Sunday, have I understood this correctly?

Harry Monk:
I’m not quite sure I understand this, although I do accept that payslips are not easy to understand unless you work at the firm that issues them.

It would appear that you worked 69 hours from Monday to Friday, worked five-and three-quarter hours on Saturday, then three-quarters of an hour on Sunday, have I understood this correctly?

just about right, although the sunday wage is from starting monday morning at 5.15 am. our pay day starts at 6am. hours work out to roughly 3x15, 2x13 , and 5 and 3/4 on saturday. cant remember exact hours but they are on another topic a couple of weeks ago.

i know a lot of drivers dont like 15 hour days, but i am happy working longer hours while im away from home.

OK, fair enough, thanks for sharing that and fair play, they do pay you a decent wage.

Cammack:
I’m not boasting, maybe I’m just lucky but I’ve not even been driving 12 months and I’m taking home between 450 and 550 a week.

Obviously depends, I’d rather earn £500 p/w and have a hassle free week where you’re left to get on with things and know what you’re going to doing, compared to earning £550 p/w and getting phone calls every hour and generally mucked about by the office.

A well-run smooth operation can make your life much, much easier and less stressful.
Fine balance I suppose.

Whilst it may be a decent top line its still 69 hours work which is nearly double what it should be so in that context a ‘normal week’ would pay only half of the top line. I understand that to some it’s s way of life etc but I still think the driver and the family(if there is one) get a raw deal while he effectively does two weeks work to the average persons one. Not saying I’m right, just seeing it from both sides of the coin. I’ll never give my life up for the job again as the time spent away for the money earnt isn’t enough even at £690 but each to their own and that. Maybe if I was single I’d have another go at it.

dave_k:

Cammack:

Obviously depends, I’d rather earn £500 p/w and have a hassle free week where you’re left to get on with things and know what you’re going to doing, compared to earning £550 p/w and getting phone calls every hour and generally mucked about by the office.

A well-run smooth operation can make your life much, much easier and less stressful.
Fine balance I suppose.

I go to work to earn. As long as it is legal i will do what ever it takes to max the cash i want the better things in life and that takes money. It.s no good saying i cant afford something but i get no hassle at work.

£105 a shift and £20 a night out for me. keeps the wolves from the door :slight_smile:

Harry Monk:
OK, fair enough, thanks for sharing that and fair play, they do pay you a decent wage.

I don’t think it is a decent wage for being away from home all week Harry.

It is a shame that truck companies are prepared to abuse a keen workers obvious enthusiasm by leaving him no choice but to work rather than sit bored in his sleeper cab every night.

Is it beyond the wit of man to plan routes that might allow your drivers to go home a couple of nights a week?

W