50mph on single carriageway

So it has come, we can now drive at 50mph on a single carriageway (from next year)…I wonder how this is going to affect my pay :smiley:

jonesy1985:
So it has come, we can now drive at 50mph on a single carriageway (from next year)…I wonder how this is going to affect my pay :smiley:

Because you will be getting to the customer quicker… it will probably go down :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

jonesy1985:

Almost certainly it will…£11 million expected to saved as a result…surely fuel consumption will rise, so this must be made up from maybe more work getting done, but surely paying less wages…time to take the long motorway routes from now on!!

gov.uk/government/news/11-m … mit-raised

The change in speed limits for HGVs on single carriageways will come into force in early 2015 and will bring England and Wales in line with other European road safety leaders, such as Denmark and Norway. Depending on the consultation responses, the increase for dual carriageways will come in at the same time. The existing limits continue to apply until the change has been put into effect.

jonesy1985:

Only if you drive to the max all the time :unamused:

nick2008:

jonesy1985:

Valid…although it will be yet another excuse for the transport manager to have a moan/bully about being later than your route planner has suggested…not that I really care about that :laughing:

jonesy1985:

nick2008:

jonesy1985:

Valid…although it will be yet another excuse for the transport manager to have a moan/bully about being later than your route planner has suggested…not that I really care about that :laughing:

yep he/she’s in charge of the desk your in charge of the money :wink:
that’s why Desk Jockeys don’t have peddles :grimacing:

Speed limits are ‘Limits’ not Targets, I’ll keep to the new limits where possible, but if I’ve got a heavy or fragile load on board, I’ll be staying at the speeds I do now on the bendy bits.
Bet the number of Roll Overs & Shed Loads goes up, due to Numpty Drivers, quoting “I was only doing the speed limit officer”

This has the potential to lose me £1500-2000 a year :unamused:

All this doom and gloom. I think it’s long overdue, personally. No more speeding fines for just making good progress on the road.

ROG:
£11 million boost for hauliers as speed limit raised - GOV.UK

The change in speed limits for HGVs on single carriageways will come into force in early 2015 and will bring England and Wales in line with other European road safety leaders, such as Denmark and Norway. Depending on the consultation responses, the increase for dual carriageways will come in at the same time. The existing limits continue to apply until the change has been put into effect.

Would Scotland be included if they vote no?

weeto:

ROG:
£11 million boost for hauliers as speed limit raised - GOV.UK

Would Scotland be included if they vote no?

If they vote no then nothing will change from how it is now.
If they vote yes they can do what they want.

ROG:
The existing limits continue to apply until the change has been put into effect.

I want it now not next year:!:

Quackers:
All this doom and gloom. I think it’s long overdue, personally. No more speeding fines for just making good progress on the road.

+1

nick2008:

+1

Our new office monkey wants to tell me how to drive a truck when they themselves don’t have the licence…

Pimpdaddy:

ROG:
The existing limits continue to apply until the change has been put into effect.

I want it now not next year:!:

Quackers:

+1

nick2008:

+1

Our new office monkey wants to tell me how to drive a truck when they themselves don’t have the licence…

I hear you friend :sunglasses: :sunglasses:
Although our gaffers do have there class 1’s apart from the old boys :smiley: :smiley:

about time as well.

Ah well that means the running speed will be on the limiter. The majority cant/wont stick to 40 and the same happened with 30 when it was the limit and 20 before that. So 50 wont keep the pedal to the metal merchants happy they will still be breaking the limit. Eddie.

tango boy:
Although our gaffers do have there class 1’s apart from the old boys :smiley: :smiley:

I just find it difficult to respect someone less qualified than me, especially when they show me very little or no respect in the first place…

Pimpdaddy:

tango boy:

I just find it difficult to respect someone less qualified than me, especially when they show me very little or no respect in the first place…

CC & RJ Emerson ltd where i work are a family firm, old school but up to date if you catch my drift :sunglasses: :sunglasses:
We’re well looked after and i don’t mind putting out for them when asked, believe me they have given me chances :wink: :wink:

tango boy:
CC & RJ Emerson ltd where i work are a family firm, old school but up to date if you catch my drift :sunglasses: :sunglasses:
We’re well looked after and i don’t mind putting out for them when asked, believe me they have given me chances :wink: :wink:

Good to hear such outfits still exist…:slight_smile:

jonesy1985:

I would like to know why it will be next year,why do governments past and present take so long to implement things,why cant they just all agree,. sign some papers and say its done a few hours later,the transport woman also said something about hgvs doing 60 mph on dual carriageways [did not read it properly in the paper ]what is the point when we can only do 56mph normally[ on motorways anyway]