5 Years vs 5 Days

discoman:

Dipster:

discoman:
There are 3 truck makes over here in Australia, Paacar, Volvo and Kenworth, others such as Sterling or frieghtliner are merc … I am not sure what trucks made here are sold in the UK … there is a FTA being sorted between the Uk and Australia … check out the aussie government website … the Canzuk and the RAEP , are what the uk want to join also the TPP, your beloved EU are not doing jot on this side of the world … the UK are fully aware the money is now in Asia and the finaicnal sector of Singapore … and the UK want a big slice of it.

I really am no expert but I doubt that many “standard” trucks would satisfy Australian needs. I am pretty sure that the Volvos sold there are quite special- the Volvo staff in Australia have a lot of input in to the design. I wonder how many makers anywhere would have anything suitable in their standard catalogue to adequately meet Australian needs. Am I wrong?

People do need to get away from the myth of vehicles not suitable for Australian roads, my main drive is a Mitsubishi shogun… made in Japan, no different to the Model made for uk roads etc … trucks over here have a twin shell driver ie, 8 tyres to tractor rear… I have driven a kenworth, awful trucks to drive cramp and lack of space in the cab, etc … but alas. They would be fit for use on uk roads, like nearly all European made vehicles are… seems German cars, the paint loves to peel and fade faster lol .

I seem to nrecall that Volvo used to fit Fuller gearboxes and proprietary rear bogies-I forget which brand-for Australia. I am pretty sure that is correct.

Dipster:
I seem to nrecall that Volvo used to fit Fuller gearboxes and proprietary rear bogies-I forget which brand-for Australia. I am pretty sure that is correct.

There seems to be no actual confirmation of factory fit Scania or Volvo Fuller transmissions etc.
It seems to be after market retro fit where it happened.

Then the EUSSR true to form banned them in Euroland if it couldn’t beat them obviously at the expense of Eaton/Fuller’s and ■■■■■■■■ UK operations.

Carryfast:

Dipster:

There seems to be no actual confirmation of factory fit Scania or Volvo Fuller transmissions etc.
It seems to be after market retro fit where it happened.

Then the EUSSR true to form banned them in Euroland if it couldn’t beat them obviously at the expense of Eaton/Fuller’s and ■■■■■■■■ UK operations.

I thought the companies had decided what they believed the local market required, ordered in vehicles that were delivered CKD and built to local spec in Australia. Including Fuller etc… Perhaps I got that wrong.