5 Years vs 5 Days

Over the next 5 years the UK fishing industry (0.1% of GDP) will gain more grounds.
In 5 days the UK financial services industry (6.9% of GDP) and a net exporter, loses automatic access to the EU.
Another stunning victory for Johnson?
He does say that it failed to meet his ambitions…Only a few days left in 2020, will any other comment pass this in the “understatement of the year” stakes? :smiley:

Details of access have not yet been revealed.
Story in FT, BBC, Guardian. The Daily Mail says the UK will storm ahead of the French. The Irish Examiner looks happy at the prospect of work leaving London as some may go to Dublin.

Will shut the F up and stop posting numerous threads on the same subject !!
Please keep it on one tread
You’re becoming worse than the rest of the tripe posters on here put together
P/s don’t bother sending me a reply as you’re on ignore

Sent from my truck

Post it in Bullys ffs, you’re beginning to bore me now

Have you been on the gin Franglais?..feeling depressed?
Ffs…LET IT GO MAN,.and move on.

dailymail.co.uk/news/articl … ition.html

Trucknet Bore of the Year contest 2020 is warming up quite nicely. Just when I thought it was a two pony race between Carryfast and Winseer, Franglais is making a last minute dash to the post!

msgyorkie:
Trucknet Bore of the Year contest 2020 is warming up quite nicely. Just when I thought it was a two pony race between Carryfast and Winseer, Franglais is making a last minute dash to the post!

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my truck

Franglais:
Over the next 5 years the UK fishing industry (0.1% of GDP) will gain more grounds.
In 5 days the UK financial services industry (6.9% of GDP) and a net exporter, loses automatic access to the EU.
Another stunning victory for Johnson?

We’re a net EU importer and you know it.NET means overall not a selectively cherry picked economic sector.

The Tories deliver the BRINO that’s favourable to the EUSSR that they always intended since their referendum stunt backfired because their cash is invested in German banks who would have thought it.
2,000 pages of EU dictated regulations isn’t a trade deal let alone BREXIT.

If we don’t withdraw from the Common Fisheries policy and ECJ juristiction and stop all further contributions and we are still not able to import US and Australian made trucks after 23.59 31/12/2020 that ain’t BREXIT.

Yes a stunning victory for remainers just as would be expected of the same Party that took us into the EU and signed us up to Maastricht and which used tax payers cash to campaign for remain in 2016.But were then flooded with too many leave votes to be able to rig the referendum ballot.

Well, thanks to you all!
You could have posted some information showing:
The facts I`ve posted are wrong
That the benefits are more than the cost
That…well, it is up to you after all.

But so far, all it is…“we dont like what youre saying, so shut up”, “my fingers are in my ears”.
More that one of you has posted about free speech. Does that only apply when what is said agrees with your opinions?
Yep, daresay we are off to Bully`s.
Nice to see so many jumping off of your arses and doing some exercise today though…
you can thank me later… :smiley:

It’s obvious from your tedious ramblings that you are not only a remoaner but I’d take it even further, you appear to have a dislike of Great Britain and all it stands for.
May I suggest you ■■■■ off and join a French truckers forum, you ain’t wanted on here.
Many years ago like you were lined up against a wall.

====================
Mod’s edit:

Attack the post by all means, but do NOT attack the person.

Franglais:
Well, thanks to you all!

But so far, all it is…“we dont like what youre saying, so shut up”, “my fingers are in my ears”.
More that one of you has posted about free speech. Does that only apply when what is said agrees with your opinions?
Nice to see so many jumping off of your arses and doing some exercise today though…

The trouble is mate a lot of what you post is speculation, what MIGHT happen. I looked hard for the info about the financial services sector and frankley nobody really knows untill the full 2000 page document has been trawled through. (when I say I looked I mean I trawled the European Union website and the gov.uk website, not some far left rag like the Guardian)
Pro remain media outlets of course will always look for the devil in the detail.
My gut feeling is that its a better deal than trading under WTO. In fact so far as I have seen its not too shabby for the UK with some loses but some big gains!

I’ll just leave this here

Brexit impact on food prices ‘very modest’ - Tesco bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55460948

Sent from my truck

msgyorkie:

Franglais:
Well, thanks to you all!

The trouble is mate a lot of what you post is speculation, what MIGHT happen. I looked hard for the info about the financial services sector and frankley nobody really knows untill the full 2000 page document has been trawled through. (when I say I looked I mean I trawled the European Union website and the gov.uk website, not some far left rag like the Guardian)
Pro remain media outlets of course will always look for the devil in the detail.
My gut feeling is that its a better deal than trading under WTO. In fact so far as I have seen its not too shabby for the UK with some loses but some big gains!

Some professionals are trawling through the documents. That is how come this stuff is trickling out.
As I say, anyone, at anytime, can shoot me down in flames with some information on gains we have made to tip the balance the other way. I hope they do.
Yes, it is better than WTO rules. A lot better, but that is a very low threshold to make.
Big gains? Since I`ve missed them, please expand.

Franglais:
Well, thanks to you all!

It’s the decision and opinion of the majority mate, you’ll just have to accept it, if you don’t like it tough ■■■■■■■ :smiley: …, you should know that is how things work. :bulb:
Oh hang on a minute. :neutral_face:
:wink: :smiley:

blue estate:
I’ll just leave this here

Brexit impact on food prices ‘very modest’ - Tesco bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55460948

Sent from my truck

Is that a plus point?
The deal means, we avoid paying more for food.
Things…food prices…sort of stay the same…just a “modest impact”.

Boss: “Hey Blue Estate, good news! Next year you don`t get a pay cut”.
…“well maybe a modest one…”

robroy:

Franglais:
Well, thanks to you all!

It’s the decision and opinion of the majority mate, you’ll just have to accept it, if you don’t like it tough ■■■■■■■ :smiley: …, you should know that is how things work. :bulb:

Whoaaa…
It was certainly the vote of the majority to leave the EU. Yes.
Wasn`t that premised on the easiest negotiations etc etc …free trade… frictionless borders… etc etc…they need us more…etc?
Or was it on those who proposed it selling up, and doing a runner, either themselves or with their factories and funds?

(And do not tell us all politicians are the same! Yesterday I let you off the hook. You have already said you don`t know the history of past lies, so have no legs to stand on regarding the liar Johnson in comparison to others) :smiley:

Grumpy_old_trucker:
It’s obvious from your tedious ramblings that you are not only a remoaner but I’d take it even further, you appear to have a dislike of Great Britain and all it stands for.
May I suggest you ■■■■ off and join a French truckers forum, you ain’t wanted on here.
Many years ago like you were lined up against a wall.

====================
Mod’s edit:

Attack the post by all means, but do NOT attack the person.

I don`t hate the UK.
I strongly dislike those liars, cheats, and short term carpet-baggers selling us all short, and profiting from this debacle premised on false information and deception.
How badly are Farage and his backer Banks doing? How much money has Somerset lost? How is Dyson doing in Indonesia?

Franglais:

Yep, true salty remainer.

So the vast majority of the financial services industry has nothing to do with the UK. Over 90% of it is UK domestic and rest of world. And that was information put out by the Remain Campaign when they said how much tax receipts would be lost.

The ESMA, the European Securities and Markets Authority (the ones who regulate the kinds of things the City of London does) announced the UK financial sector has continued access to the two most important parts of the financial services sector, Derivatives and Euro Trade Clearing. They have continued access to EU markets in respect of Derivatives and the main Euro trade clearing Central Counterparties are given temporary continued access until mid-2022 whilst discussions are ongoing due to a continuation period put in place the EMSA.

Franglais:
The Irish Examiner looks happy at the prospect of work leaving London as some may go to Dublin.

If it was going to happen it would have already started given that a no-deal Brexit was going to be less than a week away and it takes months to construct premises and put in the digital infrastructure required. At best a few thousand of the over 100,000 staff working in the City have been moved to offices in the EU and it’s not to Dublin but to Frankfurt, Luxembourg and Paris.

Franglais:
I strongly dislike those liars, cheats, and short term carpet-baggers selling us all short, and profiting from this debacle premised on false information and deception.

And yet you do exactly that every time you post about Brexit. All you do is post lies, false information and deception.

Franglais:

robroy:

Franglais:
But so far, all it is…“we dont like what youre saying, so shut up”,

Yesterday I let you off the hook. You have already said you don`t know the history of past lies, so have no legs to stand on .

:open_mouth: Ok thanks for errr… ‘Letting me of the hook’’ mate, I’m indebted to you… :neutral_face: I think.
You’ve finally worn me down, you win, I’m beaten.
So can we finally put all this Brexit stuff to bed at last…PLEASE
Yes■■?
Well Thank Christ for that on behalf of all Trucknet posters .

Now, let’s see if we can make a deal…do a double on Covid.? :smiley:

Conor:

Franglais:

Yep, true salty remainer.

So the vast majority of the financial services industry has nothing to do with the UK. Over 90% of it is UK domestic and rest of world. And that was information put out by the Remain Campaign when they said how much tax receipts would be lost.

The ESMA, the European Securities and Markets Authority (the ones who regulate the kinds of things the City of London does) announced the UK financial sector has continued access to the two most important parts of the financial services sector, Derivatives and Euro Trade Clearing. They have continued access to EU markets in respect of Derivatives and the main Euro trade clearing Central Counterparties are given temporary continued access until mid-2022 whilst discussions are ongoing due to a continuation period put in place the EMSA.

Franglais:
The Irish Examiner looks happy at the prospect of work leaving London as some may go to Dublin.

If it was going to happen it would have already started given that a no-deal Brexit was going to be less than a week away and it takes months to construct premises and put in the digital infrastructure required. At best a few thousand of the over 100,000 staff working in the City have been moved to offices in the EU and it’s not to Dublin but to Frankfurt, Luxembourg and Paris.

Franglais:

And yet you do exactly that every time you post about Brexit. All you do is post lies, false information and deception.

Of course I think remaining would be best for the UK as a country. I see no advantage to leaving!
Liar? Tut Tut.
Here are a couple of links from a few hours ago, on which I based my post.
ft.com/content/3c07d219-b20 … db10a5279b
theguardian.com/politics/20 … l-services
irishexaminer.com/opinion/c … 97135.html
If Ive made a mistake, Ill say sorry.

EDIT to add Reuters reported in Oct insurancejournal.com/news/i … ncial%20se
7,500 jobs and a trillion already left London.