5 dead in M6 crash

Being over here we don’t get to hear details, but does anyone know what actually happened ?

peterm:
Being over here we don’t get to hear details, but does anyone know what actually happened ?

Not much I don’t think.

Early in the morning, looks like the car was in lane 2 an hit from behind. But again, not really conclusive pictures available for obvious reasons. It’s perfectly possible that, being 6 up and a crappy underpowered car, it was simply travelling slowly and the other vehicle didn’t recognise the hazard and closing speed.

This is all totally my speculation though. Sad times.

So 6 Romanians travelling in a Micra early in the morning, possibly heading to work at one of the RDCs nearby? Culina or Screwfix maybe?

They were working in agriculture according to this:

stirileprotv.ro/stiri/internatio … n-ban.html

You may need to click the ‘translate’ button.

Rentadent:
So 6 Romanians travelling in a Micra early in the morning, possibly heading to work at one of the RDCs nearby? Culina or Screwfix maybe?

Possibly as it was to early in the morning to be opening the car wash.

mrginge:

Rentadent:

Possibly as it was to early in the morning to be opening the car wash.

ace… :smiley:

peterm:

All occupants were Romanian and the lorry driver has been released on bail. Guess the investigation will take some time.

if he whacked them at 4-30 am,then he would be pushing it to do there in a 4-30 driving stint even if the trucks set to 62 or thereabouts even flat to the mat on the 75.if he came off the cairnryan ferry,he better be hoping to show a 45 before the splatter or there may be a bit of wriggling to do…my mate ran into the back of a car on a dual carrigeway at night killing the 2 dudes that were pushing it along the road as they completely obscured the rear lights…mabey it broke down and something similar? dont see anything saying saying it got squashed into standing traffic etc?

the nodding donkey:

Bluey Circles:
they seem to run a new fleet of trucks so It would be interesting to know if the truck had AEBS ? this seems the type of incident the system is designed for - I’m still curious if it works properly.

Haaa. With the amount of 'professional ’ Old timers ’ decrying that system, who knows.

I’m an old timer as you put it, it’s a great system, I love it on mine and wouldn’t want to be without it.

Dieseldog66:

the nodding donkey:

Bluey Circles:
they seem to run a new fleet of trucks so It would be interesting to know if the truck had AEBS ? this seems the type of incident the system is designed for - I’m still curious if it works properly.

Haaa. With the amount of 'professional ’ Old timers ’ decrying that system, who knows.

I’m an old timer as you put it, it’s a great system, I love it on mine and wouldn’t want to be without it.

I can see the benefit of having this in a truck, would you really want it to slam the brakes on in your car in a situation of non-equipped vehicles following you, or would you rather be in control of your avoiding action?

Buckstones:

Dieseldog66:

the nodding donkey:

Bluey Circles:

I can see the benefit of having this in a truck, would you really want it to slam the brakes on in your car in a situation of non-equipped vehicles following you, or would you rather be in control of your avoiding action?

Quite a few car manufacturers have put this in to their cars now… absolutely madness how a system can be so controversial yet “safe”

Buckstones:

Dieseldog66:

the nodding donkey:

Bluey Circles:

But the point of it is it’s there for an emergency, not to replace your actions. If it comes on you’re clearly not in control of your avoiding action. Its a last resort system

OVLOV JAY:
AEBS (the standard equipment) works differently to the £3k extra adaptive cruise control. The AEBS only works if the vehicle in front is slowing, i.e. heading for stationary traffic. It doesn’t slow the truck when approaching a slower vehicle that is maintaining a set speed. If the Micra was doing a constant 48mph for example, the truck could quite easily hit it at 56. Not a good system, but the no cost option is always going to be the most basic it can be

Not true, there is a point where it will work out if your going to hit it, and will warn you then apply the brakes.

the nodding donkey:

dieseldog999:

mattecube:
All the deceased were Romanian. RIP

no surprise there then…

How not? The occupants were Romanian? Most people in Britain are not.

The people who died on the accident were Romanian? Most people who die in accidents on Britain’s roads are not Romanian…

Go on. How was it not a surprise.

(Being a lovable Scots Irish rogue doesn’t make you a lovable Scots Irish racist…)

I had my money on Indians to be fair. If it was a Datsun Cherry it would 100% have been Indians :smiley:

Dieseldog66:

OVLOV JAY:
AEBS (the standard equipment) works differently to the £3k extra adaptive cruise control. The AEBS only works if the vehicle in front is slowing, i.e. heading for stationary traffic. It doesn’t slow the truck when approaching a slower vehicle that is maintaining a set speed. If the Micra was doing a constant 48mph for example, the truck could quite easily hit it at 56. Not a good system, but the no cost option is always going to be the most basic it can be

Not true, there is a point where it will work out if your going to hit it, and will warn you then apply the brakes.

Then none of ours work. And we have 23 with it fitted. Every driver, myself included have said the same thing, and all Volvo say is it’s not adaptive cruise

Terry T:

the nodding donkey:

dieseldog999:

mattecube:
All the deceased were Romanian. RIP

no surprise there then…

How not? The occupants were Romanian? Most people in Britain are not.

The people who died on the accident were Romanian? Most people who die in accidents on Britain’s roads are not Romanian…

Go on. How was it not a surprise.

(Being a lovable Scots Irish rogue doesn’t make you a lovable Scots Irish racist…)

I had my money on Indians to be fair. If it was a Datsun Cherry it would 100% have been Indians :smiley:

Maybe these people need some kind of citizenship lessons to teach them this isn’t how we do things in this country.

this is how you drive in romania. :slight_smile:
youtube.com/watch?v=VQyYod92POE

SuperMultiBlue:
Maybe these people need some kind of citizenship lessons to teach them this isn’t how we do things in this country.

Well these poor kids were from Leicestershire :frowning:

leicestermercury.co.uk/lives … story.html

andy187:

SuperMultiBlue:

And?

SuperMultiBlue:

andy187:

SuperMultiBlue:

And?

You seem to imply that UK driving is different to rest of Europe?