48 hour working average

If I’m doing 60+ hours every week, how am I supposed have a 48 hour working average?

Does that 60+ hours include breaks and POA?

Does you company bother about it? - if not then nobody else is likely to either

ROG:

Until he runs into the back of someone causing carnage because he was tired with all the extra hours he was doing.

Well you do what a lot of company’s encourage put it on break when loading / unloading :unamused:

Mikey D:
Well you do what a lot of company’s encourage put it on break when loading / unloading :unamused:

Really :open_mouth:

bald bloke:

ROG:

Until he runs into the back of someone causing carnage because he was tired with all the extra hours he was doing.

Oh please … drivers are restricted by the EU tacho rest rules - the only useful rule to come from it is the 6 hour break rule which the EU regs did not cover

If the authorities were really worried about the amount of time drivers spend ‘at work’ or ‘on shift’ then a 48 hour max weekly shift rule would have been made

12 hrs a day, at least 2x 45mins breaks = 1.5 hrs per day…5x 1.5hrs = 7.5 hrs…Just half an hour per day on on POA that takes you to 48hrs per week WORKED…NOT RESTED…Average that over 17 weeks and hey presto , thats how they do it…

toshtwentythree:
12 hrs a day, at least 2x 45mins breaks = 1.5 hrs per day…5x 1.5hrs = 7.5 hrs…Just half an hour per day on on POA that takes you to 48hrs per week WORKED…NOT RESTED…Average that over 17 weeks and hey presto , thats how they do it…

12x5=60
60-7.5=52.5
52.5-2.5=50 not 48

Ok OK OK I messed up, but the jist of it is there

ROG:

bald bloke:

ROG:

Oh please … drivers are restricted by the EU tacho rest rules - the only useful rule to come from it is the 6 hour break rule which the EU regs did not cover

If the authorities were really worried about the amount of time drivers spend ‘at work’ or ‘on shift’ then a 48 hour max weekly shift rule would have been made

But Rog YOU always say the silly things

ROG:

why bother saying it if in the next breath you say this

the only useful rule to come from it is the 6 hour break rule which the EU regs did not cover

when I think years ago when I first started driving the max work before a break was 5 or 5.5hrs
You cant say one thing and keep banging the “NO-ONE BOTHERS” then quote the regs chapter and verse

The 6 hour rule can be useful to a driver but if not and all concerned aint bothered then …

nick2008:

ROG:

bald bloke:

ROG:

But Rog YOU always say the silly things

ROG:

why bother saying it if in the next breath you say this

the only useful rule to come from it is the 6 hour break rule which the EU regs did not cover

when I think years ago when I first started driving the max work before a break was 5 or 5.5hrs
You cant say one thing and keep banging the “NO-ONE BOTHERS” then quote the regs chapter and verse

This is a new drivers section where drivers visit who are maybe new to the job and therefore are not sure of the regs and we have Rog who keeps spouting that “the authorities don’t bother with the 48 hr rule so therefore why should you”, surely this is giving the newbies a wrong impression.

ROG:
The 6 hour rule can be useful to a driver but if not and all concerned aint bothered then …

Keep stum …

As said Rog you cant spout regs and in the next breath say because xyz don’t chase you for it ignore…
which is what you tend to keep saying…
And as BB said

I don’t think the company includes breaks and POA. I’m paid straight through. And yes, the company does stipulate that we use break instead of other work as it keeps us moving…

Radar19:
I don’t think the company includes breaks and POA. I’m paid straight through. And yes, the company does stipulate that we use break instead of other work as it keeps us moving…

Well as long as your having a break and not working that’s fine

deleted

Who do you work for?

Contraflow:
Who do you work for?

PM’d

Radar19:

Contraflow:
Who do you work for?

PM’d

Received.