45 min break

Can you take a 45 minute break before you’ve completed an hours driving and then drive for a further 4 and half?

Mr.Shep:
Can you take a 45 minute break before you’ve completed an hours driving and then drive for a further 4 and half?

yes

I believe you can take a 45 min break after 1 minute of driving, then drive for another 4.5 hours.

yep!45 mins on break wipes the slate clean no matter if you have drove 1 minute or 4hrs 29 minutes.

What Gez an Baz said.

Thats what i thought as i’ve never read any different. However some folk at our place say you cant register a break till you’ve completed one hours drive.

Mr.Shep:
Thats what i thought as i’ve never read any different. However some folk at our place say you cant register a break till you’ve completed one hours drive.

Another crazy urban myth I’m afraid!

I AGREE WITH SHREK!

Is there no end to this fellas talents, top man. :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

one driver reckons he was even told this on a course

the regulations say there’s a maximum amount of driving time but no minimum.

Mr.Shep:

The course needs a new trainer

MR VAIN:
I AGREE WITH SHREK!

Is there no end to this fellas talents, top man. :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

If there is an end to my talent…I don’t know of it! :laughing:

If there is a start to my talent…well, ditto! :laughing: :wink:

vosa.gov.uk/vosacorp/reposit … 202008.pdf

It all in there

Mr.Shep:

No mate, it’s a huge pile of testicles! You can have a break whenever you like…personally I favour at least 5 breaks per day! :wink:

Shrek:

Mr.Shep:

No mate, it’s a huge pile of testicles! You can have a break whenever you like…personally I favour at least 5 breaks per day! :wink:

Only 5 breaks dude? you cutting back then? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I had a thought about this one:

If you thought you might need a ten hour day with two breaks, then the first break would HAVE to be more than one hour after starting.

santa wrote:-

If you thought you might need a ten hour day with two breaks, then the first break would HAVE to be more than one hour after starting.

Whenever you take a 45 min the clock is reset to 0 therefore:-

drive for say 3 hours - 45 min break - drive for 4 hours - 45 min break dive for 3 hours, or any other combination of driving hours - 10 hours total.

Santa:

Sure if you were only going to have 2 breaks, but you don’t have to have only 2 breaks, as long as you don’t exceed 4.5 hours without 45 minutes of breaks.

Santa:

Not necessarily, you could take three breaks or breaks totalling 3 x 45 minutes. :wink:

Coffeeholic:

Santa:

Not necessarily, you could take three breaks or breaks totalling 3 x 45 minutes. :wink:

Why would you need 3 lots of 45 mins :question: :question: Ithought 2 lots of 45 mins would suffice for 10 hours driving :confused: