4 x 15hour days?

So on monday I had 3 hours on break in the middle of the day. I know that 3 hour period coupled with my 9 hour daily rest = 11 hours rest so does this mean I can do 4 15 hour days this week? cheers.

Yes. It isn’t a reduced rest period because you had 12 hours of rest so you can still do three reduced rests between your last weekly rest and your next.

Marvellous thanks very much. Looks like the boss will squeeze a little more out of me this week then!! :grimacing:

Following on from above, taken to the limit, does this mean that you can actually do this pattern all week (no reduced rest period)

cury:
Following on from above, taken to the limit, does this mean that you can actually do this pattern all week (no reduced rest period)

Yes, it isn’t a reduced daily rest so you can do it six times between weekly rest periods.

xfmatt:
So on monday I had 3 hours on break in the middle of the day. I know that 3 hour period coupled with my 9 hour daily rest = 11 hours rest so does this mean I can do 4 15 hour days this week? cheers.

I have no idea if you are right or wrong on the 15 hour days, but I DO know that 3+9 doesn’t amount to 11 :open_mouth: :smiley:

Darby Flyer:

xfmatt:

I have no idea if you are right or wrong on the 15 hour days, but I DO know that 3+9 doesn’t amount to 11 :open_mouth: :smiley:

I think he meant it was the equivalent of an 11 hour rest rather than an exact sum.

Yep thats exactly what I meant, cheers.

xfmatt:

You CAN’T do 4 15’s don’t forget your working within a 24hr clock.ie if you start @ 06.00 on Monday you must of had your rest by 06.00 Tuesday. So if you have 3 off & 9 off that :=12 so you can only do a 12 HR SPREADOVER

Welcome to TrucknetUK carlops :wink:

carlops:
You CAN’T do 4 15’s don’t forget your working within a 24hr clock.ie if you start @ 06.00 on Monday you must of had your rest by 06.00 Tuesday. So if you have 3 off & 9 off that :=12 so you can only do a 12 HR SPREADOVER

No, you can only do 12 hours working time less breaks :wink:

The regulations don’t mention a spread-over but it’s generally regarded as the duration of time from the start of the shift to the end of the shift.

carlops:

xfmatt:

Spreadover is the time between starting and ending the shift.
Start 06:00 Monday
Work until 12:00
3 hours rest
Resume 15:00
Work until 21:00
9 hours rest until 06:00 Tuesday

06:00 - 21:00 = 15 hour spreadover, and you could do that all week so that would be 6x15’s.

Coffeeholic:

carlops:

xfmatt:

3 hours rest

06:00 - 21:00 = 15 hour spreadover, and you could do that all week so that would be 6x15’s.

Exactly so Coffeeholic. Did it regularily on ‘fridges & boxes & even 5 x 16 hr days when we were allowed 4+8 off & never any problems with the ministry or tacho’ analysis

FLIP:

Coffeeholic:

carlops:

xfmatt:

3 hours rest

Exactly so Coffeeholic. Did it regularily on ‘fridges & boxes & even 5 x 16 hr days when we were allowed 4+8 off & never any problems with the ministry or tacho’ analysis

Yep, I often do 5 or 6 days with more than 13 hours ‘spreadover’ between weekly rest periods, and in teh past did days of over 15 hours before the rules changed. I have in the last few years on occasion legally done 5 or 6 days with over 13 hours ‘spreadover’ in a week.

just to put some life back in this for a moment or two…this split daily rest only allows for 12 hours work in a 24 hour period…ie a 3 hr rest and a 9 hour rest adds up to 12 hours rest leaving 12 hours work in a 24 hour period…had a big row last week about this…think i been doing it wrong for a while…and the book (gv262) was clear as mud… discuss

cury:
just to put some life back in this for a moment or two…this split daily rest only allows for 12 hours work in a 24 hour period…ie a 3 hr rest and a 9 hour rest adds up to 12 hours rest leaving 12 hours work in a 24 hour period…had a big row last week about this…think i been doing it wrong for a while…and the book (gv262) was clear as mud… discuss

12 hours work, availability and breaks :wink:

yep that’s what it boils down to

cury:
the book (gv262) was clear as mud… discuss

To be honest I don’t think you can really blame the booklet GV262 for not being clear on this particular subject :wink:

deleted

Maybe I’m thick but I had to read this twice before the penny dropped on the second time I got the spreadover bit. This only really works if you get paid for breaks or more accurately get paid from clocking on to clocking off .

knight:
Maybe I’m thick but I had to read this twice before the penny dropped on the second time I got the spreadover bit. This only really works if you get paid for breaks or more accurately get paid from clocking on to clocking off .

Being paid or not has no bearing on the regulations