4 on 4 off

Hi there everyone, I’m taking my class 1 in a few weeks so I’ve been looking at what work is available at the moment… Not to get ahead of myself but…

I’ve saw a job at lidl j9 m6 (I’m in Brum) through agency, 4 on 4 off, £140 a shift…probably Ltd company rate I’m guessing…

After thinking about this shift, I’ve realised this would fit my lifestyle perfectly - a little one on the way, plus I have a hobby I’d like to dedicate more time to (never been a workaholic), so just wanted to ask if there are any other companies locally that offer this shift or similar? Just for future reference… Thanks.

You could always try Maritime in Tamworth, B78 1SQ. The PAYE wage would be a tad more than the Lidl job you saw. Even more if you’re prepared to do nights.

Thanks mate, I would consider nights as long it was that shift, also I think lidl was a 9pm start…

At my old firm we had our own trucks in 3 Lidl sites, it no for the faint hearted. You will loading and tipping your own vehicle, letting yourself in stores on night runs and clearing out all their waste, and unloading it on return to depot. If you are near Tamworth the firm is Rocket Logistics, Ian Beaumont is the boss, fair but firm, he did have an advert on indeed.

I must admit when reading the advert it said ‘welcomes new drivers’… it got me thinking, is that good? :laughing:

I may be willing to put up with it just for the shift itself, but then again maybe not, just depends how bad it really is.

Just checked the maritime website it says 2 years class one experience required.

Dream shift. Clear 400-450 from it and you are laughing. Couple of ot shifts a month…sorteed!

Much better than my pishy 5/3

Wouldn’t touch maritime if they were the last job going.Pretty much every maritime driver I speak to wants to leave

Be warned…good luck with your new career

NFT give sometime 4 on 4 off.Sometime give 4 onn 3 off.

Don’t bother with Maritime. Their ads always state 2 years experience.

Samworth Brothers use the 4 on 4 off shift too .

I currently deliver for lidi and yes it’s steady work but the shift flys by and I love having four days off as it gives me time to do stuff…

Thanks for everyone’s input.

I’m desperate for this shift :laughing:

Pawuk - do the start times vary at all? Is it all night work?

Adr network is the agency posting the ad for wendsbury, if I can live off the money I’m quite happy to go with it.

Maritime took me with 16 months experience. I’ve lasted 8 weeks. Didn’t work for me.

Iandrummer81:
Thanks for everyone’s input.

I’m desperate for this shift :laughing:

Pawuk - do the start times vary at all? Is it all night work?

Adr network is the agency posting the ad for wendsbury, if I can live off the money I’m quite happy to go with it.

For me same start time every week…

Iandrummer81:
After thinking about this shift, I’ve realised this would fit my lifestyle perfectly - a little one on the way, plus I have a hobby I’d like to dedicate more time to (never been a workaholic), so just wanted to ask if there are any other companies locally that offer this shift or similar? Just for future reference… Thanks.

Abbey Logistics are doing this shift pattern.

I’m leaving the dark world of Plant/Heavy Haulage after 5 years.

And I’ve decided to give tank work a try, purely because of this shift pattern.

I know they take new starters as I met one after an experienced driver reversed straight into the side of his tank at a truck park.

I’m leaving the glory of ££££, for obscene hours.

So like you, I can get my personal life back on track and some hobbies off the ground.

Hope this helps. I have proper T&Cs from my contract if you want to know specifics.

C

4 on, 4 off…■■?

What’s not to like…?

Only work ‘half the year’…

Book 4 days off and get 12…

Maybe even drive for another company (if allowed), and still be ‘legal’…

Goldfinger:

Less if you include holidays. It’s about 5 and 1/3 months.

Constantine:
Abbey Logistics are doing this shift pattern.

I’m leaving the dark world of Plant/Heavy Haulage after 5 years.

And I’ve decided to give tank work a try, purely because of this shift pattern.

I know they take new starters as I met one after an experienced driver reversed straight into the side of his tank at a truck park.

I’m leaving the glory of ££££, for obscene hours.

So like you, I can get my personal life back on track and some hobbies off the ground.

Hope this helps. I have proper T&Cs from my contract if you want to know specifics.

C

Thanks for that mate, I’m in Birmingham, am I right in thinking there’s no depots close to here? (Abbey Logistics)

They run out of their own depots and customers factories too as Operating Centres.

All their locations are on their website including Customer Factory Operating Centres.

Not knowing where you exactly live or how far you’re prepared to commute I can’t say where you are prepared to be based from.

But it may or may not be of use to you :laughing:

C

Goldfinger:
4 on, 4 off…■■?

What’s not to like…?

Book 4 days off and get 12…

Maybe even drive for another company (if allowed), and still be ‘legal’…

That’s why I’m going to give it a whirl purely on everything you’ve listed there.

Isn’t it something 5 and quarter months at work and rest off for an average full years wage?

There seems to be a lot of overtime available too for 4 on 4 off rosters if you want it.