4 hours on a bay

4 hours on a bay at asda at Bedford tipping Xmas trees surely when on fridge work you can’t sit about that long waiting to get loaded or tipped its a joke I was talking to one of there drivers and he had been waiting 2 hrs guess it must be the normal practice thought I was gonna have to set up camp as running out of time

Dont worry there will be a copper along shortly with pink chalk and a KFC bargain bucket … relax :wink:

Good ol’ Asda eh.
Had a few long tips on containers recently , Next DC at Doncaster was 8hrs and Argos at Darlo is always 3hrs minimum . Yet we go to Aldi / Lidl etc and can have yourself tipped in 1hr. Worlds gone mad

No rush at all at asda plenty people walking around doing nothing tho

Asda are slow everywhere. 5 hours is my record at Doncaster Asda.

bowser:
Dont worry there will be a copper along shortly with pink chalk and a KFC bargain bucket … relax :wink:

They should have a KFC on site I’m sure they would do good buisness

PremiumTrucker:
Yet we go to Aldi / Lidl etc and can have yourself tipped in 1hr. Worlds gone mad

Lidl in Belvedere Kent. Busy’r DC. No system there even tho they give you a pager it’s just lucky dip. Seems each door is for one type of load which is bollox. Get it off any door then the screamers inside on there FLTs can take it to where it needs to go. I’ve spent 4hrs there just waiting to get on the bay. Let alone self tip then wait for them to check of the loads. (That’s what takes them a week)

Not that bothered on hourly. But there system could do with a kick up the backside

Screamers you ex forces judging by the RE?

Wasn’t the fact I’m bothered got out of there with half hour in a 15 to spare otherwise I’d of been kipping on the bay if I’d knew I’d be that long I’d of been in bunk asleep for 4 hrs

Taffos!:
Screamers you ex forces judging by the RE?

Still serving boss.

What reg you with? Tip up at most rdc’s and its run by some Shepard arsetard on a forklift! Especially up in computer2000 magna park! Screamers galore!

BrettRE:

PremiumTrucker:
Yet we go to Aldi / Lidl etc and can have yourself tipped in 1hr. Worlds gone mad

Lidl in Belvedere Kent. Busy’r DC. No system there even tho they give you a pager it’s just lucky dip. Seems each door is for one type of load which is bollox. Get it off any door then the screamers inside on there FLTs can take it to where it needs to go. I’ve spent 4hrs there just waiting to get on the bay. Let alone self tip then wait for them to check of the loads. (That’s what takes them a week)

Not that bothered on hourly. But there system could do with a kick up the backside

Oh rightb :open_mouth: never been to that one luckily!!!
But yeah, they take an age to check them, and god forbid if there not in correct order :smiley:

14 hours is me worst att Argos, booked for 6am backed on bay at 5.50, pulled of at 20.10. 40 foot highcube container flatpacked furniture. slept for about 10 hours, thank ■■■■ you didnt have to vacate the cab

14 hours is taking the ■■■■ I’d of been pulling my hair out

Taffos!:
What reg you with? Tip up at most rdc’s and its run by some Shepard arsetard on a forklift! Especially up in computer2000 magna park! Screamers galore!

Haha I can imagine. I’m serving with 22 Engr Regt at Tidders at the moment. Drive every leave and every weekend on the Saturday apart from the the 3rd weekend every rotation to stay within my hours. Which I’ve only just started doing as I monged it. Posted on here and some people helped me out massively. Luckily as you probably know I do bugger all in the week in the UK unless we are on PDT which we are at the moment. So catch up on my rest through the week. (Recce afternoons on the Wends, half days Monday and Fridays etc).

Are you still serving? Or recently got out?

PremiumTrucker:

BrettRE:

PremiumTrucker:

Oh rightb :open_mouth: never been to that one luckily!!!
But yeah, they take an age to check them, and god forbid if there not in correct order :smiley:

I once took a load of juice there and the whole trailer (26 pallets) got rejected because the centre rear pallet was not stacked correctly. Not damaged or non banded. Just not stacked how they wanted it,the rest were fine. But obviously it’s less work for the belter in the warehouse to reject the whole load (one phone call) than it is for him to take the whole load, bar the one wrongly packed/stacked pallet and annotate the paper and computer system. Thus stopping me to pick up another load before going back to the yard.

There’s a word for people like these JOBSWORTH

hodgeR500:
4 hours on a bay at asda at Bedford tipping Xmas trees surely when on fridge work you can’t sit about that long waiting to get loaded or tipped its a joke I was talking to one of there drivers and he had been waiting 2 hrs guess it must be the normal practice thought I was gonna have to set up camp as running out of time

Ah, Bedford Asda…the laziest bunch of warehouse staff…well, anywhere… :wink:

Still serving mate looking at getting out but can’t make up my mind! Loads of walts on here! I’m a port op 17 port! Easy life! And loads of agency work being close to the docks!

Taffos!:
Still serving mate looking at getting out but can’t make up my mind! Loads of walts on here! I’m a port op 17 port! Easy life! And loads of agency work being close to the docks!

Yea I’m in the same boat looking at getting out next year, don’t want to stay in the UK tho. We’re of to Afgan again in March so ill be out of the trucking loop for a while again. I’ve got a decent lob on the old bio fuel type sketch with the walking floor trailers etc. Work for them with out going through the Agency. Not that I can complain my Agency have been blinding for me.

So are you down at marchwood?

Yes mate at marchwood! Same sketch really looking at next year out applied to a few places speculatively… Wages for some companies here are like seniors wages!