4 hours on a bay

Taffos!:
Yes mate at marchwood! Same sketch really looking at next year out applied to a few places speculatively… Wages for some companies here are like seniors wages!

Haha this is true. If I got out, I’d have to go tramping a week at home would probably be the end of me. Few years getting the experience then Europe and beyond haha.

BrettRE:
I once took a load of juice there and the whole trailer (26 pallets) got rejected because the centre rear pallet was not stacked correctly. Not damaged or non banded. Just not stacked how they wanted it,the rest were fine. But obviously it’s less work for the belter in the warehouse to reject the whole load (one phone call) than it is for him to take the whole load, bar the one wrongly packed/stacked pallet and annotate the paper and computer system. Thus stopping me to pick up another load before going back to the yard.

There’s a word for people like these JOBSWORTH

Some people just want things to be done correctly, some people want to do the most with their day at work. Being in the forces you’ll surely appreciate this. Half measures just don’t do, they can cost other people time they don’t have to spend. Next time they send a load they’ll make sure its stacked correctly? If they ignore this next time it’ll be five pallets stacked incorrectly. Where does it all end? If the original stacker was a JOBSWORTH then you would of indeed been able to pick another load up before going back to the yard. And if you where NOT a JOBSWORTH then you wouldn’t be worrying over what you where picking up. Hang on if you where a JOBSWORTH you would of made sure it was loaded correctly? Maybe you just don’t know what you’re doing or whats expected of you?

hodgeR500:
4 hours on a bay at asda at Bedford tipping Xmas trees surely when on fridge work you can’t sit about that long waiting to get loaded or tipped its a joke I was talking to one of there drivers and he had been waiting 2 hrs guess it must be the normal practice thought I was gonna have to set up camp as running out of time

Call the police mate, thats what i’d do. I’m sure four hours on a bay is illegal. What about human rights?

Mike-C:

BrettRE:
I once took a load of juice there and the whole trailer (26 pallets) got rejected because the centre rear pallet was not stacked correctly. Not damaged or non banded. Just not stacked how they wanted it,the rest were fine. But obviously it’s less work for the belter in the warehouse to reject the whole load (one phone call) than it is for him to take the whole load, bar the one wrongly packed/stacked pallet and annotate the paper and computer system. Thus stopping me to pick up another load before going back to the yard.

Some people just want things to be done correctly, some people want to do the most with their day at work. Being in the forces you’ll surely appreciate this. Half measures just don’t do, they can cost other people time they don’t have to spend. Next time they send a load they’ll make sure its stacked correctly? If they ignore this next time it’ll be five pallets stacked incorrectly. Where does it all end? If the original stacker was a JOBSWORTH then you would of indeed been able to pick another load up before going back to the yard. And if you where NOT a JOBSWORTH then you wouldn’t be worrying over what you where picking up. Hang on if you where a JOBSWORTH you would of made sure it was loaded correctly? Maybe you just don’t know what you’re doing or whats expected of you?

Haha. Or MAYBE I was working for a haulier and The pallets are stacked by a company that contract a haulier to deliver there pallets and get paid either way.

So thanks for your input. The 1st part was all well and good. Valid point etc. the rest just is a load of ■■■■■■ Ow and its were not where.

Cheers for trying to make me look like a nob anyway :slight_smile:

try Morrisons at Gadbrook, easy 3 to 4 hours to tip. No access to refreshments or toilet once through security ! I’m sure legally they have to supply access to toilet etc?

BrettRE:

I meant it genuine. Next time you collect there , when you’re loaded up if there’s anything amiss then you’ll say…get them two pallets off they’ll need restacking. Then the forky will go to his mates (or a forky forum!!!) and say…“we had this jobsworth driver today , telling me how they should be stacked”… :laughing:
And it all repeats itself !!!
YOu can’t beat the experience of going first hand and doing it. You’re only a nob if the same thing happens again !! :laughing: :laughing:

Mike-C:

BrettRE:

I meant it genuine. Next time you collect there , when you’re loaded up if there’s anything amiss then you’ll say…get them two pallets off they’ll need restacking. Then the forky will go to his mates (or a forky forum!!!) and say…“we had this jobsworth driver today , telling me how they should be stacked”… :laughing:
And it all repeats itself !!!
YOu can’t beat the experience of going first hand and doing it. You’re only a nob if the same thing happens again !! :laughing: :laughing:

Fair one. It’s juice stacked on a pallet. They are all stacked differently depending on the size of the cartons weather or not they are stacked in boxes then wrapped etc. the trailers are per loaded normally get your paper work, find the trailer check of number of paletts types of juice then go. Can’t see how they are all stacked as obviously the two out side rows block all view of the centre ones, bar the rear pallet.

I will apologise for gobbing off as you “ment it genuine” :slight_smile:

hodgeR500:
4 hours on a bay at asda at Bedford tipping Xmas trees surely when on fridge work you can’t sit about that long waiting to get loaded or tipped its a joke I was talking to one of there drivers and he had been waiting 2 hrs guess it must be the normal practice thought I was gonna have to set up camp as running out of time

You’ve never been to Woolworths Swindon then.

hodgeR500:

I beg to differ two days on a Greek Island loading fruit, I kid you not it was literally being bought one or two dozen trays at a time by the small producers, i’ve got a pic somewhere I’ll dig out

tipped 20 pallets at asda bedford earlier…tipped in 30 minutes. :slight_smile:

I have tipped plenty of times at Kempston, if you get in before 3am you are normally on your way in less than 45mins in my experience, after 3am you can be there for hours, at least you can wait in the cab and have a snooze :slight_smile:

Full load of xmas trees Enfield - i couldn’t get the trailer open and curtains pulled fast enough - 35 minutes from entry to exit of their yard
cheers
Steve

triple-tango:
try Morrisons at Gadbrook, easy 3 to 4 hours to tip. No access to refreshments or toilet once through security ! I’m sure legally they have to supply access to toilet etc?

Try following the walkway on foot towards the main gate and you should find the toilets, also judging by the numbers of drivers walking through the gate for a ■■■, no doubt someone will direct you to the toilets etc

I was kept waiting for one week to load hazelnuts at a pickup in northern Turkey on the Black Sea coast.Oh boy was I ■■■■■■■ angry?..

BrettRE:

Mike-C:

BrettRE:

Haha. Or MAYBE I was working for a haulier and The pallets are stacked by a company that contract a haulier to deliver there pallets and get paid either way.

So thanks for your input. The 1st part was all well and good. Valid point etc. the rest just is a load of [zb]. Ow and its were not where.

If you are going to be pedantic with spelling just be mindful about the old saying - Those in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones.

Mike was simply putting another perspective, maybe learnt from many years of seeing favours become expected then the norm. Trying to roll back bad practice is a bit like turning a supertanker; takes forever.

Clunk:

hodgeR500:

Nor will you. :laughing: :laughing: RIP Woolies.

Wiretwister:

Clunk:

hodgeR500:

Went to Woolies at Rugby…once :exclamation: . An ■■■■ bunch who timed their delivery slots to the minute, mine was something like 9.52 am WTF :open_mouth: despite this they were still a load of ■■■ holes who couldn’t ■■■■ over a cliff without getting wet.
My allocated bay was right opposite where I was stopped at the barrier, but son of Hitler the security man made me comply with the one way system and drive all the way round the building before reversing on, then after they eventually tipped me I pulled up to the security hut so Adolf Jnr could inspect the empty box. The floor was covered with empty cardboard packages, and as the box was due a reload I remonstrated with him but ‘‘not my problem, you’ll have to leave the premises now or else blah blah’’ was the reaction and he goose stepped back to his den and lifted the barrier, it soon became his problem though because the floor had been lined with a sheet of plastic, and with one almighty pull the whole lot slid out onto the deck, I’ve never shut box doors faster in my life and I was outa there before he dropped the barrier again after spotting the potential bonfire of dunnage blocking his exit :grimacing:

Wiretwister:

Clunk:

hodgeR500:

I’m glad they’ve gone. I hated that place.
Before they close half the bays, if you were a rigid, you had issues. The bays were so close together, that a shorter rigid vehicle would not be able to open the cab doors. They wouldn’t tip you till they got your keys, you couldn’t get out of the cab to hand them over. (this is why I started carrying a fake key)

Then when they closed half the bays when h&s stepped in, they didn’t work any faster. My last drop of the local run. Booked in for 10:47 am. I got there 10:40. Pulled into waiting bay at 10:45, in receiving office smack on time.
‘We will call you when we are ready, drive’
15:20, I get called onto a bay.
16:00 they go on their hour long break.
17:45 they start tipping me. 18 pallets of pyrex. Each pallet has a sample box removed, weighed, and measured and qty noted. then the pallet is counted by hand, individually. (Not by working out how many on a row, then counting the rows). But by re-stacking each box upon a new pallet. Then they pull the pallet away, then remove the next one. If you had pallets double stacked, they would call for a fork lift driver to de stack before doing anything to the pallet.
20:25 I pulled out.

My quickest tip in there was one pallet of baking trays. 4 boxes on the pallet. 2 hours I was there for.

My favourite RDC was 3663 in Banbury. Was rarely there more than 20 minutes, and on more than one occasion, they had tipped me before I returned to the wagon after handing keys in. One time, I was in office handing keys over, and was handed the signed delivery dockets. They were good.

hodgeR500 wrote:

Clunk are you the clunk from 165?

bugcos:
14 hours is me worst att Argos, booked for 6am backed on bay at 5.50, pulled of at 20.10. 40 foot highcube container flatpacked furniture. slept for about 10 hours, thank [zb] you didnt have to vacate the cab

14 hours ! :open_mouth:

Longest Ive had was 9 hours at TK Maxx,Walsall.

It was a Saturday,so not too bad. :wink: