4 dead M5 after lorry crashed through central red

sixaxles:
have there been any official announcements as to the cause or anything, there hasn’t been the usual “driver has been arrested” head lines, which to be fair I wouldn’t expect as its been widely reported as being a blown tyre,so the for the poor soul driving, not a great thing to have to live with if it was just bad luck, but I did go down to avonmouth myself on Monday and saw the aftermath, and like a few others have said, was very surprised by the sudden sharp turn from lane one to through the Armco!

An update from the Police is that the two children and their Mother are still in stable condition and the driver is not under arrest but is still helping with the investigation.

What’s a Semi Tractor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wheel Nut:
What’s a Semi Tractor?

Own Account Driver:

Wheel Nut:
What’s a Semi Tractor?

[emoji23]

Own Account Driver:

Wheel Nut:
What’s a Semi Tractor?

Thomas 1 - Tractor 0

For anyone who followed this story the Mother has recently died and the case has been closed with no prosecutions due to lack of evidence. .bristolpost.co.uk/news/bris … wo-1510267

commonrail:
Oh yes…an honest mistake,but muppetry all the same.

Ambulances do a great job Mr perfect.

A very sad and tragic accident…and looks like it was a blow out which caused it, with mayhem that followed…R.I.P. to all those who lost their lives, and condolences to the relatives, and those poor children, even the family dog died…r.i.p…what i couldnt understand was the first comment in the comments box underneath…where someone called medic stated the contents of the report shouldnt have been so graphic…surely it was the reporters asking for the report of what happened…then contacted his boss to get it into print…he merely stated what had happened from his point of view, and in my mind he was a hero, saving lives in a burning car, even checking the parents inside for a pulse…and i applaud all of the emergency services in this tragic case. There was also a few other negative comments that had nothing to do with the accident, but what a trucks are doing to deserve being on the roads, to mentioning Dr Beeching and the railway cuts…oh well, some sad people about, none more than those involved.

I am not a medical expert, but why did the poor lady who died, take seven months to die, in my opinion, was she on a ventilator and got a lung or chest infection, which is similar to the American actor Christopher Reeve, who played Superman ?

simcor:

halewood:

Actrosman:

U both happy with that? Why would I be trying to whip up anything ffs?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I didn’t mean you.I meant the [zb] who sent it to you.

Even I thought you were saying it to the poster obviously wires crossed moment. Although my mum said she has seen it said then same on the Mail online but I can’t see where she has read that.

After the bomb attack in London it’s probably come from an eyewitness who is an expert and knows that it is true. Of course in reality it’s just a witness making something up.
Ask 10 witnesses and you will end up with 10 different stories, what they usually look for is the common parts of each stories that actually tally up.

That’s Jehovah for you!

bald bloke:
For anyone who followed this story the Mother has recently died and the case has been closed with no prosecutions due to lack of evidence. .bristolpost.co.uk/news/bris … wo-1510267

I bet the ratty old box van had passed its mot in the very near past, or something torpedoing any maintenance angle.

I see what you did there.

Wheel Nut:

simcor:

halewood:

Actrosman:

U both happy with that? Why would I be trying to whip up anything ffs?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I didn’t mean you.I meant the [zb] who sent it to you.

Even I thought you were saying it to the poster obviously wires crossed moment. Although my mum said she has seen it said then same on the Mail online but I can’t see where she has read that.

After the bomb attack in London it’s probably come from an eyewitness who is an expert and knows that it is true. Of course in reality it’s just a witness making something up.
Ask 10 witnesses and you will end up with 10 different stories, what they usually look for is the common parts of each stories that actually tally up.

That’s Jehovah for you!

Further update on this crash from Sep 2017. The inquest seems to be ongoing.

The vehicle which crashed through central reservation was a horsebox converted in to a ‘van’. There was a front blow-out.

The van had passed its MOT in March 2017 but was given an advisory on the condition of its tyres.

DVSA examiner told the inquest the front tyre had been “re-cut” close to its breaker cord.

The death toll rose to 5 persons after this thread was started.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-47369515

Apparently 3 tyre experts are due in court they’re obviously concentrated on this particular tyre that blew and how it was re-cut to prolong its life.

Just like many horseboxes, another shed on wheels.

I was always taught re.cutting rear tyres and trailers were fine, but re.cutting steer tyres… was a big no no. :bulb:

robroy:
I was always taught re.cutting rear tyres and trailers were fine, but re.cutting steer tyres… was a big no no. :bulb:

I was never taught that but self preservation tends to kick in!

I wonder how old the tyre was?
Horse boxes (private ones at least) won’t be doing huge a mileage will they?
Tyre could easily be perished from old age by the time it’s worn enough to be recut, couldn’t it?

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

mattecube:

Actrosman:
One of the ‘breaking news’ notifications I got came up saying the lorry had ‘deliberately’ gone through the CenRes

You seem to be trying to whip up controversiaty in the light of a tragic event
Grow up

If posting something controversial - make sure it is linked to the original post, lest we think this “breaking news” is nothing of the sort.

Let’s not have the public hate the lorry driver even more than they already do, please. There’s no need to politicise a tragic event, regardless of the exact method by which it happened. :frowning:

Franglais:
I wonder how old the tyre was?
Horse boxes (private ones at least) won’t be doing huge a mileage will they?
Tyre could easily be perished from old age by the time it’s worn enough to be recut, couldn’t it?

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

According to the local news I’ve just watched they were 18 yrs old ffs :open_mouth: can’t believe they got past the last mot.