3663 INTERVIEW

ANYONE KNOW OWT ABOUT THIS FIRM

done it on agency loads a times running from fradley park lichfield
refuse to do it anymore
bloody kiler and im use to multidrop
hand ball aint the word
it a killer id saty well away
a

I had to deliver to their Northampton depot the other day.

I didn’t realise they ran drawbars!! :open_mouth:

I hope they don’t use those on shop delivery work, because I have heard it’s enough work with a rigid.

Although, admittedly, I’ve never worked for them, I have noticed their drivers are always in a hurry. :confused:

Use the forum “search” feature. Someone posted the same question recently (might have been on “New and Wannabes” though), and got lots of replies (including me). I can’t be bothered to type it all out again. :wink:

i’ve worked at lichfield with the agency also, sent down london at 5am already sat there since 1.30 with 8 drops, but they did send someone with me
as it was a good job as most of the load would had came back. 1st drop 2 pallets handball up 3 flights of stairs after that day never went there again, i found that it was all handball at difficult places ie location of kitchens fridges etc, there are easier jobs out there

Thanks guys I have heard enough it looks like a no show for the coder0.

:laughing:

I’d say you’re spot on there!

Multi-drop extraordinaire is right.

Kitchens,canteens,handball (EVERYWHERE) upstairs,awkward places … the full gambit. :imp: :open_mouth:

Grumpy cooks 'n chefs.

No, I’ll re-phrase that. “Pig ignorant customers” will do nicely!!

I’ve done plenty of class 1 trunking for them and thats great (not so great for their own staff who have to unload themsleves. Agencyt drivers sit in the smoke room - lol)

My first day ever, class II was with them on a run. Started at stupid oclock down to poole from Banbury. A drive made sure I had a pallet truck. First drop, a fast food place. 3.5 pallets, plus 1.5 frozen pallets handball along a coridor, down steps to their fridge room. Pallet truck wouldnt go thru the door… and NO SACK TRUCK!

Next drop, had to unload about 4 pallets to get the one I needed from the back :unamused:

All other drops as crap. Last drop I got to at 5.30 pm. Customer was racked off. After an apology, she said she was expecting it at 2:30pm! I checked the sheets, and it was scheduled for 10:30 am! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I ran out of hours on the way home and had to be recovered (it was my first day so lack of experience and willingness to say sod this Im going back).

Was called to do next day, but couldn’t cos (A) I wouldn’t have enough sleep and (B) I was so knackered, I could not walk the next day - like really bad flu.

That one day was enough. I refused to ever do multi drop for 3663 again.

Still as I said, class 1 trunking was a doddle!

To be absolutely fair, I found all their staff VERY friendly - except shunt at Manchester. They park trucks across turning area for bays. After 5 mins trying to get artic on to a bay I asked shunt. He said no prob. After good 5 minutes sweating he managed it - but didn’t look happy - LMAO!

You’re right tagoat.

The problem is that their contract is to the FRIDGE, not the door.

I would personally stay well away. I worked for them on agency & on the books & for a firm of that size are ■■■■■■■ dreadful & the money is ■■■■.

It’s OK though if you enjoy being sent out on a run round Leicestershire in the ■■■■■■■ rain with 40 drops loaded in no particular order & are happy to have your blood boiling by 7.30 in the morning.

hard labour beaking rocks on the chain gang sounds easier

Did a couple of months with them on the agency. Silly o’clock starts, lorry loaded apart from last minute trolleys which you load yourself, don’t forget the bond (■■■■ and booze) get your paperwork and off.

Now to me, getting in and out of truck 30 times is a day’s work, so add to that pushing trolleys up hills, over kerbs, carrying 8 catering packs of baked beans up stairs, delivering to urine soaked old people’s homes and standing in a freezer compartment on the truck trying to find a packet of peas is a big ■■■■ take. Having said that most of the drivers where I worked were ex squaddies and loved the job.

Went to one hotel in Monmouth about 3 pm. Chef came out and said the ‘other driver’ always got here about 8am. I said look at the lorry, there are eighteen trolleys on there, do you expect me to pull them all off so I can do you first.

The other driver did she said. What happened to him

He left, I said, and after speaking to you I understand why, at which point she stomped indoors and let me get on with it.

The next day I have a double drop at the bakeries at Rogerstone, I phone up the office and tell them I’m going to be late becasue I have a couple of tonne to carry upstairs on my own. Carry on they said, we get paid extra for you to carry it upstairs. At which point my association with the company came to an end - and from now on my labouring rates are £30 an hour.

Also, at the end of each shift there is a load of paperwork to fill out where you have to write the same information out about three times, and one Friday I came back with £4000 in cash, and that made me feel a bit nervous.

Davecsm, I had completely forgotten about the paperwork! :open_mouth: Mountains of it. Don’t forget that you’ll have to queue at the end of each shift to get the empties out of the back, after they have been counted.

3663 was originally known as Holroyd Meek. I did 2 stints with them in the early 90s, about 2 years on days and again about 20 months on nights out
Would run all the way from Oldham to Truro and would have drops in Truro, Newquay, and about 4 drops in Plymouth. All drops had to be off in first day or you had to stay down there until following morning to finish before returning to Oldham.
Day runs where run to maximum hours and schedules where arranged on a Routemaster computer set up. Whatever the computer said the run could be done in, thats what you got paid, even if it took lots longer which it often did.
All deliveries were on pallets, extremely lucky if you got a pallet truck so it was all handball, upstairs quite often.
It was one of those companies that only those that had just passed their tests went to for a few weeks experience, then left. Even agency drivers would refuse point blank to ever do a second day with them, such was the workload.

When they sold out to Booker Fitch I left. There was no way I was working for that outfit.

Strangely enough Ive been talking about 3663 tonight with an agency driver looking for a permanent class 2 job. He’s recently done a couple of days with them, and by all accounts nothing has changed, so my recommendation would be …STAY WELL AWAY

Isn’t Booker Fitch a spoonerism?

& 3663 adds up to the devils number ,so the writings on the wall before you start!! :laughing:

harry:
& 3663 adds up to the devils number ,so the writings on the wall before you start!! :laughing:

Since when was 18 the Devil’s number? :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

3663 stands for FOOD as per the numbers on a mobile phone.

3663 adds up to the devils number…we must have had the same maths teacher, :smiley: :smiley:

Two 3’s + two 6’s = 666! : Its got to be in code!! lol:

harry:
Two 3’s + two 6’s = 666! : Its got to be in code!! lol:

my mobile number ends 666

:wink: