35 in a 30

What should I expect? It says ‘‘intendedd prosecution’’ that sounds pretty scary :frowning:

A speed awareness course as long as you’ve not sat one in the last three years.

If you have then for that level you’d be looking at three points and £100 fine.

And either 12 years in a gulag or a day of waiting at Iceland Swindon with Angie for company :wink:

What were you driving? Abnormal load? ADR? Tanker? Bicycle■■?

And either 12 years in a gulag or a day of waiting at Iceland Swindon with Angie for company :wink:

I would rather take 12 years in a gulag.

ETS:
What should I expect? It says ‘‘intendedd prosecution’’ that sounds pretty scary :frowning:

At best… a date with Big Bubba in the shower block. Don’t drop the soap.
At worst… getting Carryfast as drivers mate for punishment. Death by boredom

msgyorkie:
At worst… getting Carryfast as drivers mate for punishment. Death by boredom

Or Franglossmith reading every link they’ve posted at you since June 2016 :frowning:

I was busted…

For 34 in a 30 some years ago now. I was offered a speed awareness course which I attended. Whilst I was there, I was chatting with another LGV driver who mentioned in passing that it was his second course in two years. Apparently, if you get caught in the same county inside of 3 years, you won’t get offered the awareness course. If you get a NIP in a different county, you will be offered a course there. It appears there is no national database. The different counties don’t cross reference.

I’ve underlined the word apparently because this is just drivers talk…ok?

Yeah there’s a database now. Think it’s called NDORS or something like that.

Awareness courses were introduced piecemeal by some police forces a couple of decades ago. At the time there was indeed no National database (and not all forces operated the schemes anyway). You had to take the course in the area where the alleged offence took place.

Once ACPO got behind it, a national scheme was introduced but not all forces signed up to it for various reasons. So for a time it was a bit of a postcode lottery as to whether any previous course would be taken into account or even if you’d be offered the course in the first place.

I believe that all forces in England & Wales now participate in the national scheme (but not in Scotland). As a result it is no longer possible to do multiple courses within a 3 year period.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Before the data base, I did 4 courses in 3 years. :open_mouth:

SWEDISH BLUE:
Before the data base, I did 4 courses in 3 years. :open_mouth:

Did you sleep through them all ? :open_mouth: :laughing:

To my eternal shame, I was clocked three times in the space of about a week doing 40-odd on the A5 near Atherstone (when the signed limit was 50 for cars but in those days limits were lower for HGVs - the camera had a height sensor for large vehicles).

At the time I had one traffic light offence endorsement on my licence from a couple of years earlier. Three more endorsements would have seen my licence (and job!) down the pan so I was “somewhat concerned” to say the least!

My TM at the time played a blinder and held onto the later NIPs until I had received the offer of a course for the first one. Still ended up with 9 points on my licence for a couple of months. Company also went down the line of a formal interview/bollocking which appeared to satisfy the TC’s office as nothing more was heard from that direction.

Lesson learned, and certainly not my finest hour…

Roymondo:
To my eternal shame, I was clocked three times in the space of about a week doing 40-odd on the A5 near Atherstone (when the signed limit was 50 for cars but in those days limits were lower for HGVs - the camera had a height sensor for large vehicles).

I’m equally ashamed to admit my case may be similar (though not on the A5). I’ll wait and see. Serves me right for trying to ‘‘make up’’ for lost time against my very own core principle - like a complete idiot

Roymondo:

Is that the camera that use to catch the ups drivers when they first moved to Tamworth.

fingermissing:

Roymondo:

Is that the camera that use to catch the ups drivers when they first moved to Tamworth.

No idea, sorry. This was around 2010. I know the camera is no longer there.

ETS:

Roymondo:

I’m equally ashamed to admit my case may be similar (though not on the A5). I’ll wait and see. Serves me right for trying to ‘‘make up’’ for lost time against my very own core principle - like a complete idiot

I wasn’t even in a hurry either - just bimbling along maintaining a steady pace with the rest of the traffic.

Guys do the gatso camera on the motorway know the difference between hgv and car iv overspeed a couple of times downhill 65mph and ain’t seen a flash just curious

What about the national speed limit road which have camera

TruckDriverBen:
Guys do the gatso camera on the motorway know the difference between hgv and car iv overspeed a couple of times downhill 65mph and ain’t seen a flash just curious

What about the national speed limit road which have camera

Yea, they can differentiate between vehicles. I’ve heard of a few van drivers being caught because they didn’t realise the limit was lower for them. Not 100% sure on motorways but I would assume they work the same way.

Sent from my DUB-LX1 using Tapatalk

Roymondo:

ETS:

Roymondo:

I wasn’t even in a hurry either - just bimbling along maintaining a steady pace with the rest of the traffic.

That’s exactly how I got done. 1972 near Sevenoaks, peeing down, road works with crap everywhere and in a line of traffic. Didn’t see a 30 sign (probably wasn’t there) and got pulled out of a line of cars.
I’m still bitter and twisted about it now. :wink:

Skip the country to somewhere there`s no extradition order before they get chance to give you a life sentence in Wakefield or Durham
Awareness course at best unless you are a habitual offender then it be points or disqualification.