26t Tramping

Evening Chaps

I have a class 2 job and am very grateful - but it is Day work - My depo is in Birmingham
My home is in Newcastle Upon Tyne so I have to rent digs in B’ham and go home every 4 wks for the weekend

I miss Tramping so much - Yes I know - Cold, Dirty, Night heater don’t work etc but I luved it I was laid off :cry:
Class 2 driver in a fantastic Man 62 plate truck and I have a class 1 licence so I can take the trailer Done it once
Had one weeks experience with Artics pulling European trailers,
I am after a New job around Manchester,Leeds,Doncaster or nearer to Newcastle would be fab, ANYWHERE around the UK if Tramping - Class 2 as I don’t think I shall ever get a class 1 position as I have little experience and I am old now (43). passed class 1 3 1/2 years ago
Got 7 hrs CBT thru Saint Gobain
Anybody know of anything ■■? Please :slight_smile:

Give Nissan a try.looks like some agencies are in there.try and find out the TM name and contact him direct.

I know David Bratt does Class 2 tramping, my mate is a Class 2 driver for them.

BUT, don’t put yourself down, get on the Class ones and don’t worry about it :grimacing:

Agreed about putting yourself down, :slight_smile: your as good as most drivers.
When asked about hgv expierence just blag it and learn on the job. Other drivers will always help one way or another.
Go for the class 1 jobs:-)

Ooppss double post sorry :open_mouth:

Cheers Guys - I shall have a look
I always do the Cardiff/Gloucester run at work as I hate doing the doorstep jobs.

On Class1 - Had to pick up a Container - did know where to go what to do. I found the class 1 drivers so helpful - Most class 18t class 2 drivers are very unhelpful but as a 26t driver I feel a bit closer to a class 1 Trucker !!!

luv26t:
I always do the Cardiff/Gloucester run at work as I hate doing the doorstep jobs.

On Class1 - Had to pick up a Container - did know where to go what to do. I found the class 1 drivers so helpful - Most class 18t class 2 drivers are very unhelpful but as a 26t driver I feel a bit closer to a class 1 Trucker !!!

1st time you go anywhere in any truck, you’ll not know where to go.
On containers, it’s an easy job, but the ports, docks, rail heads and container places are a bloody nightmare, they all assume you know what to do, where to go, what’s required (VBS numbers, reference numbers, PIN numbers, RhIDes card etc…) so don’t worry if that seemed a bit daunting, doesn’t matter how much experience you’ve got driving a C+E, if you’ve not got experience in that particular place, it’ll be daunting.

Most class 1 jobs are the same as class 2 jobs, so don’t let that put you off.

You have a pm

My REVERSING is Dreadful - Sweating etc - Does it go left , right - Blast wrong way :blush:

the reversing will come in time. dont worry what others think .practice make perfect and all that :wink:

luv26t:
My REVERSING is Dreadful - Sweating etc - Does it go left , right - Blast wrong way :blush:

Believe me that’ll come along with a bit of practice and is you want a job tramping, you are counting yourself out of a lot of potential work by not looking at artics.
Don’t put yourself down due to age and experience, you’ve done a bit of tramping so I assume as will an employer that you have a reasonable knowledge of how to get round the country and rules and regs. You also have got on your bike so to speak and are renting digs so you can work as a truck driver, shows a bit of dedication, and that’s got to count for something.

My depo is In brum I live in Newcastle. I wanna b a trucker too!

Aye
Come home for the weekend and my partner has said I have to Watch S. Dancing… and Dinner ready.
I shall be back in a while.

Cheers lads.

luv26t:

I’m like that in a rigid. :blush: But not in my car strangely enough. :open_mouth:

Bored with that Dancing
I have no problems with my reversing in my Wagon.

I am a Hgv driver but not as good as class 1 drivers - Who I respect and will let out at junctions etc - So if you see a Toon Army hard hat in the window it’s me… :wink:

But I have seen Cat CE drivers mess up a reverse in fact on several occasions

Ok you say your reversing is not that good atm how do you think these guys learnt how to reverse by practising & doing it

As has been said you will get better in time the more you use it so go for it

Question how did you feel when you 1st passed test in a cat C & started driving ridgits around

luv26t:

Sorry to burst your bubble a bit here fella… but it doesn’t matter if you’ve got 2 axles on the box or just 1. Most artic drivers look down on us rigid drivers period.

• (rigid driver with artic licence speaking from experience)

PM sent

Try ward bros in Middlesbrough (south bank) not the best pay but it’s alot closer than brum and they are okay with new drivers, they took me on even tho I had never driven an artic , 01642 430150 office num , Kevin is TM

Thanks Bud
I shall call on Monday.

I work in Brum !!! Dreadful accent - But I am on London class 2 wages but of course no nights out as it’s Day work…