26t Tramping

They have palletways class 1/2 day work, and general haulage side mix of curtain/container work , I called in office and got the job so if your ever around that way might be worth having a pop in

if you want class 1 tipper work callerton haulage in durham are looking for a tramper . lee the owner will give new lads a start as long as there not ■■■■ takers give him a call

If your looking to get a little experience get on at Reed Boardall, they are always taking on

Does Reed Boardall take people on with hardly any experience ? :blush:
I want to drive a proper truck but don’t want to let people down with the reversing and looking like a plonker !!!
In real terms I know each person is different but how long does it take to master reversing a trailer. :blush:
Aye when I started with the class 2 I thought I won’t get in there and I won’t go on B roads but now I will do most things but check my Truckers map. :smiley:
I really want to get back into Tramping - hate Day local work. - Hate paying for digs when I could get nights out money. Any class 1 jobs pay over £20,000 or am I living on a different planet !!! I will work anywhere in the UK - North preference but anywhere.
I have not got a clue how a trailer slids etc :confused: :blush:

But I want to work for a Good firm - at the moment I work for Saint Gobain group but class 1 jobs - never seen them advertised only glass 2 hiab work with Jewson and I hated that when I did it. :cry:
I deliver tiles for CTD and luv doing the long distance runs and doing nights… only pulled the drag once and had trouble putting the hoses on - Big Girl -had to drain the air !!! sitting under the truck pushing and no go - got soaked and the guys kept laughing at me.
:laughing:

luv26t:
I want to drive a proper truck but don’t want to let people down with the reversing and looking like a plonker !!!
In real terms I know each person is different but how long does it take to master reversing a trailer. :blush:
Aye when I started with the class 2 I thought I won’t get in there and I won’t go on B roads but now I will do most things but check my Truckers map. :smiley:
I really want to get back into Tramping - hate Day local work. - Hate paying for digs when I could get nights out money. Any class 1 jobs pay over £20,000 or am I living on a different planet !!! I will work anywhere in the UK - North preference but anywhere.

But I want to work for a Good firm - at the moment I work for Saint Gobain group but class 1 jobs - never seen them advertised only glass 2 hiab work with Jewson and I hated that when I did it. :cry:
I deliver tiles for CTD and luv doing the long distance runs and doing nights… only pulled the drag once and had trouble putting the hoses on - Big Girl -had to drain the air !!! sitting under the truck pushing and no go - got soaked and the guys kept laughing at me.

Sometimes on wagon and drag, it’s more difficult depending on the placement of the connectors and the type - some have normal type, some have a nice clamp type which is a doddle.

It’s easier on a normal artic, use your leg to shove them on, put yellow on 1st if it’s a pressurised system - usually easier.

I work for Lescost in Washington they are looking for a couple of class 1 drivers now I believe, it wouldn’t hurt to give them a call 0191 482 0150 ask for Gary

We don’t do tramping but money is ok

Cheers Guys
I live in North Shields - Drove back to B’ham and hear NCL lost … I am a Fan even thou I am from the South !!!
My car is covered in Newcastle United and Newcastle Upon Tyne…

waynedl:

luv26t:

Sometimes on wagon and drag, it’s more difficult depending on the placement of the connectors and the type - some have normal type, some have a nice clamp type which is a doddle.

It’s easier on a normal artic, use your leg to shove them on, put yellow on 1st if it’s a pressurised system - usually easier.

Reed/ Boardall will take you on with little or no experience, all you have to do is pass their assesment and your on.

Try George Allinson in Darlington
Wage not too bad, class1 and 2, mainly tramping

This post is a load off ■■■■■■■■ :unamused:

You live in Newcastle but travel to Birmingham for 4 weeks paying out for digs… what a load off ■■■■. … for day work.

Always fancied George Allinson transport - they look so organised ! :stuck_out_tongue:

Got to agree with Jessicas Dad For Gods sake get a grip all this rubbish about class one this class one that, I drive a wagon and drag and with demount bodies on it and I can’t wait to get rid of the trailer I still get paid the same, and as for respecting class one drivers, why half of them cant reverse going off some of the posts on here lately. It really beggars belief how some of you passed your test and if in doubt ask a driver that’s how you learn that and doing it yourself.

Thanks to all the Guys that came back with a positive note about Jobs Cheers Guys

If the post does not interest you then don’t read it !!! There are plenty of other posts to read

Happy Trucking Guys… & Girls

And thats the trouble people only want to here the good things, they don’t seem to want to hear what Professional drivers have to say you have to take the good with the bad, listen to what we say about reversing the more you do it the better you get and one day it will click.

Thanks
If I ever get a class 1 job and you see a Newcastle Hard Hat in the window then you will know I am the NEWBIE !!!

I know I need to get experience but how do I get into Low loaders / Big fat loads etc - I want to do it before I hit 50 !!!
If Lisa of Ice road Truckers can do it -I’m sure I can !!! Twice her age…

Thanks Guys

Off to Cardiff and Gloucester in the morning -I would Honk but my truck has a Sad car horn !!!
Night guys -Lucky chaps sleeping in a LAYBY and getting £15. night out money - whilst I am here with the heating on full blast watching Film 4 - Who wants to Swap ? :wink:

luv26t:
Thanks
If I ever get a class 1 job and you see a Newcastle Hard Hat in the window then you will know I am the NEWBIE !!!

I know I need to get experience but how do I get into Low loaders / Big fat loads etc - I want to do it before I hit 50 !!!
If Lisa of Ice road Truckers can do it -I’m sure I can !!! Twice her age…

Thanks Guys

Off to Cardiff and Gloucester in the morning -I would Honk but my truck has a Sad car horn !!!
Night guys -Lucky chaps sleeping in a LAYBY and getting £15. night out money - whilst I am here with the heating on full blast watching Film 4 - Who wants to Swap ? :wink:

Film 4■■?

When I’m in a layby on a night out for £25 a night I’m usually playing on my Xbox 360 in my cab or watching tv and to think what you must be paying for digs, swap? Nah not me

Watching CONVOY now !!! Got to get a Tramping job again - Have a Good night bud - I hope your Cab does not Rock to much :slight_smile:

Please don’t feed the trolls

Dont have a tv so cant watch that

Night out read sleep clean cab